Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Newt Scamander - Eddie Redmayne

newt scamander | eddie redmayne
1;

+

New character thread! With the upcoming film and the brilliant announcement that Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne is our Newt Scamander, it's time to get excited.

Quote:
Oscar Winner Eddie Redmayne Enters the Wizarding World as Newt Scamander in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”

BURBANK, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Academy Award-winning actor Eddie Redmayne has been cast as Newt Scamander in Warner Bros. Pictures’ much-anticipated wizarding world adventure “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

“Eddie Redmayne has emerged as one of today’s most extraordinarily talented and acclaimed actors. We are thrilled to welcome him into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where we know he will deliver a remarkable performance as Newt Scamander, the central character in ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’”

Redmayne will play J.K. Rowling’s creation Newt Scamander, the Wizarding World’s preeminent magizoologist, who in his travels has encountered and documented a myriad of magical creatures, ultimately leading to his penning the Hogwarts School textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

In making the announcement, Silverman said, “Eddie Redmayne has emerged as one of today’s most extraordinarily talented and acclaimed actors. We are thrilled to welcome him into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where we know he will deliver a remarkable performance as Newt Scamander, the central character in ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’”

Making her screenwriting debut on the film, J.K. Rowling has developed the character of Scamander and his primer—taken from her globally beloved Harry Potter series—to further explore the unique wizarding world she has crafted in print and bring it to life on screen.

David Yates, who directed the last four “Harry Potter” films and will direct “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” stated, “Eddie is a fearless actor, brimming with invention, wit and humanity. I couldn’t be more excited about the prospect of working with him as we start this new adventure in J.K. Rowling’s wonderful world, and I know she feels the same way.”

The film is being produced by David Heyman, producer of all eight of the blockbuster “Harry Potter” features; J.K. Rowling; Steve Kloves, who scripted all but one of the “Harry Potter” films; and Lionel Wigram, who served as an executive producer on the last four installments of the franchise.

Eddie Redmayne won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in the 2014 biopic “The Theory of Everything.” His stunning portrayal of Stephen Hawking in that film also brought him Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA and Golden Globe Awards. In 2012, Redmayne starred as Marius in Tom Hooper’s screen adaptation of the hit musical “Les Misérables,” with Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried. In 2010, Redmayne won a Tony Award for his performance in “Red,” which marked his Broadway debut. On screen, he next stars in Hooper’s true-life drama “The Danish Girl,” due out this November.

Warner Bros. Pictures has slated “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” for worldwide release in 3D and IMAX on November 18, 2016.
Quote:
The actor who’s been tasked with leading the Harry Potter spinoff series is a very happy wizard.

Eddie Redmayne made his very first comments about his new role as Newt Scamander in J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts while speaking to the London Evening Standard on Friday.

“I’m hugely excited,” he said. “J.K. Rowling’s a genius, I am so thrilled to be a part of it but I can’t say a single word beyond that… I’ve always loved that world and I feel thrilled to be invited into it.”

Feel free to post any Eddie and Newt news on this thread!

Last edited by baileycat; 06-10-2015 at 07:45 AM
Old 06-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eddie to receive an OBE!
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33107305

Quote:
Additional details on Eddie Redmayne’s OBE:
“With the exception of the British Empire Medal, the 868 recipients of awards ranging from knighthoods to MBEs will each receive their award personally from Her Majesty (or another member of the Royal Family) at an investiture during the next six months. Until then, and from today, they are still permitted to use their new titles and post nominals however won’t receive their insignia until their investiture.”
http://royalcentral.co.uk/state/bene...-honours-50109

Last edited by baileycat; 06-14-2015 at 01:08 PM
Old 06-17-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gentle reminder that Newt still lives...

Old as **** but still he's alive.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

want

Old 06-27-2015, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eddie's been invited to be a member of the Academy

Oscars Invites Record 322: Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy, Emma Stone, Chris Pine Among Sought Members
Old 06-30-2015, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-06-2015, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meeting Prince William!

Old 07-25-2015, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-27-2015, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-01-2015, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eddie new film The Danish Girl will debut in Venice AND TIFF!

TIFF.net | Films

Old 08-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Different posters!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-08-2015, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

We watched Theory of Everything again last night. Such an incredible film. Made me even more giddy for FBAWTFT.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top