Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well they use pencils instead of quills too but I don't think that's really a mistake and as for Snuffles, the movie-only audience wouldn't know who Snuffles is unless it was mentioned in the dialogue which of course it never was so they kept Sirius.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:07 AM
Addicted Fan

In the third movie, they never explained why Professor Lupin knows how to work the Marauder's Map. That always bothered me.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Total Fan

In order for this thread to remain open, it needs some more activity...

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 05-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

the camera is magical *looks around*
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Addicted Fan

in the 3rd movie Harry's scar MAGICALLY moves from the right side of his forehead to the left and then back to the right! :o
Old 01-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Never knew this thread existed...
Um..biggest mistake I think has been made would have to be that they never explained the Marauders. That's the only one that I can think of right now that really kinda upset me.
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
Old 01-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, i thought that was a huge part in the Series and them not have it, it really takes the tradegy from the last generation
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's an omission but to call it a mistake I don't know. They've always stood by the idea that it's strickly Harry's journey they're telling. Anything beyond that could be cut. And the Marauders story didn't affect the way Harry lived is life really or battled Voldemort, so to make the plot less confusing to the movie audience it got the axe.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I understand that it's not a mistake, because obviously the filmmakers were aware of their decision to leave it out. I just personally would have liked to see that part explained.

I think there is a part in PoA when Harry's coming up through the cellar door in Honeydukes and you can see the person pushing him up very briefly. It might just be a shadow but it looks like someone's arm quickly going out of sight.
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet."
~Ron♥Hermione~
Avi by Fidelian
Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if this is the right thread for this since I don't think I consider it a mistake but I had this thought today about the mirror of Erised

I think it's safe to say that the Dursleys had no pictures of Harry's parents in their house, right? so I think that before Hagrid gave him that photo album Harry had never seen a picture of his parents, right? then how did he know how they looked like when he looked in the mirror?
We could say since his hearts desire was to have his parents back his mind conjured up this random image of how he thought his parents would look but that's not the case cause in all the future instances where he sees his parents they look like they looked in the mirror, I'm just confused as to how this works the mirror only shows the hearts desire, it has no way of knowing what his parents look like unless it accesses some long lost memory 1 year old Harry has of his parents

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Oh, that's true, huh? In the movie, Hagrid gives Harry the photo album at the end, before he gets on the Hogwarts Express. Maybe he conjured up this idea and picture of his parents in his mind...but it doesn't really explain how he knew that Lily had red hair.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the bump, Sheida.

Good point, actually. I have to agree with Mia that maybe it's in his mind but for movie sake they showed us an image of his parents.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-10-2011 at 03:24 AM
Old 10-10-2011, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

I'm also kind of confused about Marlen Mckinnon death.

On Ootp Moody says to Harry that Marlene was killed with all her family two weeks later they've taken the picture of the order.
At first I thought the picture was presumibly taken in 1980 or 1979.
But then,in the Deathly Hallows,Lily talks to Sirius about their deaths and she says she's very sorry.
My question is, did the Potters start running from Voldemort in those two weeks? It sounds very unlikely to me.She's talking about James being tired of hiding...And I can't see the Potters going around taking pictures with the rest of the order while under Incatus Fidelius.

I don't know if I've explained myself clearly I'm confused about it too.

Icon
Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But like Mia said, it doesn't really explain how he knew Lily had red hair, I think we got a physical description in the books if I'm not mistaken I can egt why he'd imagine James as a sort of older version of himself (which is sort of right) but Lily?

oh wow that thing about Marlene is complicated. My guess is that they went into hiding somewhere in those two weeks but she didn't have a chance to write a letter until very later on? they would have tp get settled down and everything

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
But like Mia said, it doesn't really explain how he knew Lily had red hair, I think we got a physical description in the books if I'm not mistaken I can egt why he'd imagine James as a sort of older version of himself (which is sort of right) but Lily?
Definitely not with Lily. That is puzzling & confusing because he doesn't have an idea of what his parents look like so hmmm on that I guess.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top