Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Marauders #9: *We're ready for a prequel*

Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs welcome you to the Marauders' Appreciation Thread
*WE SOLEMNLY SWEAR WE ARE UP TO NO GOOD*

The Marauders were four Gryffindor boys who attended Hogwarts between 1971 and 1978. They were thought to have been some of the cleverest students attending Hogwarts at the time. They used their talents for all sorts of mischief, among other things. They created the Marauder’s Map, which showed Hogwarts in every detail, including every passage and the location and movements of denizens of the castle.

*The Marauders*
Remus “Moony” Lupin
Peter “Wormtail” Pettigrew
Sirius “Padfoot” Black
James “Prongs” Potter

Their nicknames came from the identities of their Animagi forms:
James: a Stag
Sirius: a large black dog
Peter: a rat

Remus was not an Animagi. He was a werewolf. His monthly transformation during every full moon is what earned him the nickname of “Moony”. This also was the reason behind his three friends becoming unregistered Animagi.

A shanty was built just outside of Hogsmeade for Remus to go to every full moon. There he would go through the werewolf transformation alone. The shanty was later nicknamed “the Shrieking Shack” due to the howling sounds that came from it every month and earned the reputation of being “the most haunted building in Britain.” The Whomping Willow was planted to cover the entrance to the shack. Remus kept his transformations a secret from his friends, but by their second year, they had figured it out. They were still very fond of Remus and didn’t care that he was a werewolf. By their fifth year, James, Sirius, and Peter had learned to become Animagi (though they remained unregistered) and were able to keep Remus company during his transformations. “Prongs” and “Padfoot” were large enough to control “Moony”, and to keep him from harming himself. “Wormtail” was small enough to get past the Whomping Willow tree’s defenses and was able to let everyone else in the tunnel. It is known that werewolves are only danger to humans, not other animals. Although the Shrieking Shack had no windows or doors for Remus to escape through, his friends were able to keep an even better eye on him, and were able to keep him from harming himself as much as he would have if he went through the transformations alone.

The Marauders at Hogwarts:
First Year: 1971-1972
Second Year: 1972-1973
Third Year: 1973-1974
Fourth Year: 1974-1975
Fifth Year: 1975-1976
Sixth Year: 1976-1977
Seventh Year: 1977-1978

-Facts-
-Remus was a prefect while at Hogwarts, though it did not seem to affect the mischief his friends got into.

-Quotes-
OotP
"Did you like question ten Moony?" asked Sirius as the emerged into the entrance hall. "Loved it," said Lupin briskly. "'Give the five signs that identify the werewolf.' Excellent question." "D' you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern. "Think I did," said Lupin seriously. "One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin..."

*Supporters*
1. Brittmyster
2. Go Huskers!
3. xxcozmicstar
4. meg25
5. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
6. LooBitteTundiLoo
7. L i N d $ @ y
8. Amy_UK
9. Forgotten By The Sun
10. Virginie_GW
11. stella7gem
12. charmingbrenda
13. NikaDawson
14. StubbornWhite
15. Pottergirl7
16. How-very-girl629
17. Angelus'sslave
18. Flickgoddess
19. FanofBooks
20. Rebelious?Nah!
21. Gabriela
22. queen.blair
23. padfootsprincess02
24. SergeantPepper
25. sweetdaisy
26. MissDK

-Why We Love Them-
1. Because they were bloody brilliant
2. Because they're the hottest mischiefs in school

*Previous Threads*
First Thread: *I solemnly swear that I am up to no good*: We love the marauders!
Second Thread: *I solemnly swear that I will not snog the marauders.. no wait! I will snog them!* #2
Third Thread: *I solemnly swear to always enter the hot tub nude and drink only choco martinis!* #3
Fourth Thread: *I solemnly swear to whip the marauders as many times as necessary!* #4
Fifth Thread: *I solemnly swear to keep cracking lame 'Siriusly' jokes until someone hurts me* #5
Sixth Thread: *I solemnly swear never to betray a fellow Marauder ::everyone looks at Peter::* #6
Seventh Thread: *I solemnly swear to play dress-up with the Marauders in pink tutus* #7
*We solemnly swear to meet in the forest. No worms allowed.* #8

Marauders' Crest by Whyamithewerewolf
>--#413--->
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 08-02-2009 at 06:04 AM
Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Let the discussion continue!

(here's the last page of the discussion)
>--#413--->
Old 08-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Cool.
Love the title.
May I be added btw.
I've given in to a harry potter forum. I never did before because I don't ship, and I probably will start posting at the luna thread lol.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Sure...I'll add you now...

I promise I'll do better this go around guys!
Sorry for the 'whim' title!
>--#413--->
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

I like it.
I love your Christina icon.
She is so talented.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

May i be added to the thread please. I adored all the marauders.....except for Peter
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Well did anyone really adore peter?
I think he was interesting but what he did imo was worse that what a good percent of the evil characters did. Considering he was also killing like a regular death eater.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd love to join in any discussion! I love the pact of friendship (minus Peter ofcourse) and I think it something that we all look for.
And I love the title! I so want a prequel!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How-very-girl629 (View Post)
Well did anyone really adore peter?
I think he was interesting but what he did imo was worse that what a good percent of the evil characters did. Considering he was also killing like a regular death eater.
I agree - turning on your friends - your Best Friends is the ultimate betrayal! And after he turned on them (Jame and Lily) he killed a bunch of people and blamed it on Sirius!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love the new title, and I also want to be added please.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree - turning on your friends - your Best Friends is the ultimate betrayal! And after he turned on them (Jame and Lily) he killed a bunch of people and blamed it on Sirius!

your icon makes me Flickgodess. I love Emily she was so funny.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd love to be added too!

I think I remember something about Lupin's dad upsetting Greyback and he bit Remus.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

I always thought that maybe one of his parents had a problem with him being a werewolf. It would explain his trust issues.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

It would be so great to learn back stories on all our favorite characters!
Remus, James, Sirius, Tonks and so many more! I would love to know how it was for them growing up. What their family was like, what school was like for them and so forth. It would be great to read about James playing Seeker and seeing how him and Harry are really alike in that aspect.
I'd also like to learn more about why there was such a huge dislike for James/Sirius and Serverus.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How-very-girl629 (View Post)
Exactly. And the let sirius go to jail for 12 years. And left Lupin with no one.
I wonder about lupin's family. I know there was something about them when it was told how he got bit but I don't remember.

your icon makes me Flickgodess. I love Emily she was so funny.
Thanks I wish I could say I had the brilliance to make it myself.

Yeah, what happened to his parents? I'd like to think that based off B7 they passed away years ago, but does anyone know for sure? Did JKR ever mention it somewhere? I had thought they were sad for him being bitten, but I didn't think his parents blamed him or abadoned him in anyway. From what I remember his father felt guilty because Remus was bitten as revenge on his dad.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top