Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Marauders #10: Managing mischief...one day at a time.

The Marauder's Crest by whyamithewerewolf

Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs welcome you to the Marauders' Appreciation Thread
*WE SOLEMNLY SWEAR WE ARE UP TO NO GOOD*

The Marauders were four Gryffindor boys who attended Hogwarts between 1971 and 1978. They were thought to have been some of the cleverest students attending Hogwarts at the time. They used their talents for all sorts of mischief, among other things. They created the Marauder’s Map, which showed Hogwarts in every detail, including every passage and the location and movements of denizens of the castle.

*The Marauders*
Remus “Moony” Lupin
Peter “Wormtail” Pettigrew
Sirius “Padfoot” Black
James “Prongs” Potter

Their nicknames came from the identities of their Animagi forms:
James: a Stag
Sirius: a large black dog
Peter: a rat

Remus was not an Animagi. He was a werewolf. His monthly transformation during every full moon is what earned him the nickname of “Moony”. This also was the reason behind his three friends becoming unregistered Animagi.

A shanty was built just outside of Hogsmeade for Remus to go to every full moon. There he would go through the werewolf transformation alone. The shanty was later nicknamed “the Shrieking Shack” due to the howling sounds that came from it every month and earned the reputation of being “the most haunted building in Britain.” The Whomping Willow was planted to cover the entrance to the shack. Remus kept his transformations a secret from his friends, but by their second year, they had figured it out. They were still very fond of Remus and didn’t care that he was a werewolf. By their fifth year, James, Sirius, and Peter had learned to become Animagi (though they remained unregistered) and were able to keep Remus company during his transformations. “Prongs” and “Padfoot” were large enough to control “Moony”, and to keep him from harming himself. “Wormtail” was small enough to get past the Whomping Willow tree’s defenses and was able to let everyone else in the tunnel. It is known that werewolves are only danger to humans, not other animals. Although the Shrieking Shack had no windows or doors for Remus to escape through, his friends were able to keep an even better eye on him, and were able to keep him from harming himself as much as he would have if he went through the transformations alone.

The Marauders at Hogwarts:
First Year: 1971-1972
Second Year: 1972-1973
Third Year: 1973-1974
Fourth Year: 1974-1975
Fifth Year: 1975-1976
Sixth Year: 1976-1977
Seventh Year: 1977-1978

-Facts-
-Remus was a prefect while at Hogwarts, though it did not seem to affect the mischief his friends got into.

-Quotes-
OotP
"Did you like question ten Moony?" asked Sirius as the emerged into the entrance hall. "Loved it," said Lupin briskly. "'Give the five signs that identify the werewolf.' Excellent question." "D' you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern. "Think I did," said Lupin seriously. "One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin..."

*Supporters*
1. Brittmyster
2. Go Huskers!
3. xxcozmicstar
4. meg25
5. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
6. LooBitteTundiLoo
7. L i N d $ @ y
8. Amy_UK
9. Forgotten By The Sun
10. Virginie_GW
11. stella7gem
12. charmingbrenda
13. NikaDawson
14. StubbornWhite
15. Pottergirl7
16. How-very-girl629
17. Angelus'sslave
18. Flickgoddess
19. FanofBooks
20. Rebelious?Nah!
21. Gabriela
22. queen.blair
23. padfootsprincess02
24. SergeantPepper
25. blazing star
26. MissDK
27. Red&Black
28. Miss Fate
29. ooohlaalaah
30. free to fly
31. CinnamonHummingbird

-Why We Love Them-
1. Because they were bloody brilliant
2. Because they're the hottest mischiefs in school

*Previous Threads*
1st Thread: *I solemnly swear that I am up to no good*: We love the marauders!
2nd Thread: *I solemnly swear that I will not snog the marauders.. no wait! I will snog them!* #2
3rd Thread: *I solemnly swear to always enter the hot tub nude and drink only choco martinis!* #3
4th Thread: *I solemnly swear to whip the marauders as many times as necessary!* #4
5th Thread: *I solemnly swear to keep cracking lame 'Siriusly' jokes until someone hurts me* #5
6th Thread: *I solemnly swear never to betray a fellow Marauder ::everyone looks at Peter::* #6
7th Thread: *I solemnly swear to play dress-up with the Marauders in pink tutus* #7
8th Thread: *We solemnly swear to meet in the forest. No worms allowed.* #8
9th Thread: *We're ready for a prequel* #9

Marauders' Crest by Whyamithewerewolf

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-30-2011 at 11:21 PM
Old 03-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt.
I hope this thread will be more crowded.I've lurked a bit the old threads and at a certain point posters were discussing about who made the worst life.
I think they were all pretty doomed,to be honest
I can't pick any of them four,and yes,I'm also including Pettigrew.
Living a life like a coward and betraying your friends is something that indeed,he chose to do,but it sucked anyway It always leaves me bitter to no end,anyway.Regardless the fact that Pettigrew was the only one who chose his destiny.I don't know why.Especially if I think about the chapters that talked about their friendship.Also Pettigrew's storyline leaves bitter.
Not sad,though.For the other three I'm also sad all the time,for him,not
Lupin,Black and Potter just had to deal with the **** somebody's else threw at them.They really didn't go around asking for the problems they had to face.

Icon
Old 03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT I didn't ask this in the previous one, but could I please be added to the list?

Also, maybe we could finish the "why we love them" list that is in the OP, there is so much more stuff

And totally agree with you Zefiro! They had to face imaginable things through life. It's so sad
I'm not praticulary sorry por Peter, I have to admit But Sirius and Remus' storys just touch me so much They've suffered way too much
Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Also James must have suffered.He was just what? 21 years old when he died? And he was leaving his beloved family behind and knew it.
It's true that he didn't suffer particularly long,but I think his death is certainly one of the worst.
Sirius and Remus had the longest path of the pain I've ever seen Sirius in particular.His life finished with James' death.
Remus could managed to live a bit,even though with all the problems of being a werewolf.He managed to actually move on a bit at a certain point,marrying Tonks and trying to build a family with her(even though he had many problems). Poor Lupin,though.His death was really similar to James'.
Posting this again.Sorry,I'm deeply in love with it

credits

Icon
Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That art is beautiful!

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red&Black (View Post)
TFTNT I didn't ask this in the previous one, but could I please be added to the list?
Sure!

Zefiro: Cool art, thanks for sharing.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Aww that art is amazing! I just can't really tell who is the wolf or the dog

And you're so right Zefiro! They all suffered a lot, I only mentioned Sirius and Remus because their suffering started when they were so young.
Remus was bitten by a werewolve with such a young age, thinking of himself as a monster and being afraid of rejection, but also approximation And Sirius must have suffered a lot with his family, specially after he went to hogwarts.
And those were only the beginning of their pain, what they have to face after James' death is just too horrible
Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me please?

These guys really had so much they had to go through, it's just not fair how much they had to deal with.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Adding you now, Gladys.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

i would like to join the list. my favorite character is sirius, and i love how he's still so affectionate and caring even after all he's been through. i wished he was able to live the life that was taken from him by bellatrix and the stupid rat
Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Welcome and I'll add you to the list now.

I agree about Sirius. What saddens me is how little he was able to spend time with Harry. If only James was alive...but then again Peter wouldn't turn if James was still alive.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

I always wonder how Sirius and James managed to turn themselves into animagus and then teaching it also to Pettigrew so young
They were kind of awesome to do something so complicated alone.

Icon
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Moderator Manager

And that too. Lots of questions for the Marauders, like how did they become friends and who excelled in which class...

ETA: From the ABC HP special.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 03-21-2011 at 01:58 AM
Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Could I get my name updated on the list? It's #25.

It's so tragic what happened to them but in a way, I'm kind of glad that they all died just so they could be reunited again.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Updated!

Awww, now that's quite a sentimental way of putting it.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top