Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor
I love the idea of Lupin and Tonks. She's so crazy and he's always so down-to-earth. I think they could make a interesting and funny couple
Okay, so there's no actual canon proof of this pairing...they hardly say two words to each other in OOTP, but I have to say when I first read OOTP, I noticed how sharply contrasted they are with each other. In a way, I think they would make an excellent couple, just on the basis as, Ana Luthor said, "she's crazy and he's down-to-earth" & mild-mannered. I think they'd be cute together.

Pleez, add me to the list, too!
Old 02-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Fair Verona
I always think of ESOTSM Kate Winslet, lol. It's unlikely though.
Me too!!! I love Esotsm and Esotsm Kate. She could be a great Tonks *dreamily look*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*
Dunno about the Sidekicks, but the Aurors like the name Aurors better than Pumpkin Pie. We thought it sounded cooler
Well baby, not just you guys. The name Aurors *is* very cool. We love our name either and speaking for myself, nothing against Good Ship or Pumpkin Pie, but in a lack of a better word, I think these names are...boring But oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynea
Okay, so there's no actual canon proof of this pairing...they hardly say two words to each other in OOTP, but I have to say when I first read OOTP, I noticed how sharply contrasted they are with each other
Very true, we have no canon proof. We base ourselves on what we know about both characters and truth be told, they would be cute together. As you said, the sharp contrast between them, that makes me wonder a really great couple. God, Remus needs to lighten up! And as my favorite marauder, I think he deserves the best Oh, welcome to the thread

-Ana
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I really like the girl that played in Amelie though
I can see her as Tonks too. But she's German so I don't think that's going to happen.

But wouldn't it be cool if Tonks is played by David Thewils's real girlfriend, Anna Friel?

Mulder/Scully, Peter/Wendy, House/Cameron, Jack/Kate, Erik/Christine, Clark/Lois, Doctor/Rose, Doctor/Jack, Doctor/Rose/Jack
Old 02-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh yes I think so!!!

I liked Tonks/Lupin after I read it and then Lizo from Newsround started talking about them and I was thinking "YES" I wasn't the only one who was picking up on that... even though there's nothing that suggests romance. There was something about them that made me want to pair them up.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 02-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

When I first read OotP and read about Tonks for the first time I was like, "oh, people are so going to be shipping them". I shippe them pretty hardcore for awhile, too, but now I like Moody/Tonks better.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Actually at first I was thinking Tonks was the new love interest for Harry that was right at the beginning when she was first introduced and I didn't know her age.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

ah i thought about the Tonks/Harry paring but I really don't like it - I think being a doppy is the right way to go and besides, remus needs some lovin'

not enough room for my HP quote - damn it

*marina*
Old 02-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah when I found out she had left school already I felt a little silly for thinking that. But she did sound very young anyway Remus definately needs someone like her!

Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for adding me to the list.

Those photobooth drawings were funny. I could totally see Tonks dragging Remus to do something like that. Or to a Muggle carnival or something. (Her dad's Muggle-born, so I imagine she has familiarity with both worlds.) Tonks would bring a lot of amusement and joy, and just plain fun into Remus's life. And he could provide a stabilizing, calming influence on her. They'd be good for each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch
Wotcher Wolvie is their name on SCUSA
Showing my cluelessness here, but what's SCUSA?

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
Tonks would bring a lot of amusement and joy, and just plain fun into Remus's life. And he could provide a stabilizing, calming influence on her. They'd be good for each other.
Completely agree with your words. And I'm hugging you for your lovely avie

Quote:
Showing my cluelessness here, but what's SCUSA?
It's the Fiction Alley forum. They have like all the ships you can imagine listed there O.o
Old 02-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Ah, thanks for the answer. I've been to Fiction Alley (to read the Draco series - which reminds me, I still have to go read the latest chapter), but never to their message boards. Guess I'll have to check those out someday.

I love my avatar. I haven't found a Ryan/Lindsay one that's the new, bigger size yet (and I have no clue how to make my own ), but I like this one, so.......

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 02-10-2005, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor
Completely agree with your words. And I'm hugging you for your lovely avie

It's the Fiction Alley forum. They have like all the ships you can imagine listed there O.o
Yeah, they have some weird ones. Which is good 'cause some of my favorite pairings are so rare
Old 02-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla
Guess I'll have to check those out someday.
Worths the shot. I used to post there, but well, there are too many rules. Not that I mind with them, but it wasn't as funny as it is here. Except for the D/G thread, which was really great.

Quote:
I love my avatar. I haven't found a Ryan/Lindsay one that's the new, bigger size yet (and I have no clue how to make my own ), but I like this one, so.......
I can try to make one. Although, I need to find pictures of them first, I'm in the mood for a R/L icon/art. And they remind me Tonks/Lupin *well, not that much, but otherwise would be completely off-topic * Lindsay is not crazy as Tonks, but she does make Ryan, who's usually serious, lighten-up a bit. I don't remember to see him smile so often with his previous girlfriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch
Yeah, they have some weird ones. Which is good 'cause some of my favorite pairings are so rare
Some *very* weird ones, I must add. But that's the fanon spirit, everything's possible
Old 02-11-2005, 03:10 PM
New Fan

I totally love this pairing. Tonks, all outgoing and adventurous and Lupin all laid back and quiet. They'd be good for each other. Tonks would show Remus how to have the best fun ever and he could show her that she could love someone who's probablly never been loved before.

Greg/Sara shipper #9
CSI Labrat #139
Old 02-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

So it sounds like one of the main things we like about this couple is the idea of Tonks getting Remus to have fun. So what types of things do we see them doing? There's already been mention of having silly pictures taken in a photo booth, and going to a carnival. What else?

How about miniature golf? Somehow, when I think of something really silly and frivolous, yet fun, miniature golf is one of the first thing that pops into my mind.

Or maybe Tonks would take Remus to a rock concert. Wonder how he'd react. Although, he might surprise her. I could see Remus going to rock concerts with James and Sirius during their Marauder days.

icon by lunas_borednow
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top