Bless them.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Harry Potter's Jason Isaacs Talks About Being Lucius Malfoy
Old 02-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Moderator Manager

That was a great interview. Jason is a Potterhead and he really became so engrossed with HP ever since he played Lucius. I like this part:

Quote:
“I was terrified of being bland around all these incredible actors,” Isaacs, 53, said during a panel at Universal Orlando’s Celebration of Harry Potter. “I was around the royal family of British actors! I asked for the wig, the robes. They wanted me in a suit with ordinary hair. I tried to come up with the voice, because Alan Rickman [who played Professor Severus Snape], the greatest screen villain certainly of our age — I knew he was in it so I had to come up with a voice I thought that sounded like finger nails on a blackboard. I wanted a voice that irritated you in one syllable."
Also new IG post from him:

Quote:
Father and son and intruder who's clearly been working out too much.
#celebrationofharrypotter2017
^

Old 02-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
we all know jason isaacs as the man behind everyone’s favorite love-to-hate villain, lucius malfoy. Recently, however, fans were told by isaacs at a celebration of harry potter during a panel with the actor exactly where he drew his inspiration from in bringing the sneering character to life, and people magazine has all the details.

"it was a combination of a teacher from drama school who would constantly whisper in this very high voice, ‘you’ll amount to nothing, isaacs. You will never work,’ and this british art critic, brian sewell."

isaacs also surprised many by stating he initially auditioned for a completely different role, the self-proclaimed master of memory charms and “celebrated” author of magical me, gilderoy lockheart.

Isaacs then went on to talk about the elder malfoy’s political ideologies, as well as their similarities to modern-day politicians.

"there is a very recognizable racist and supremacist [in lucius malfoy], acting out of fear and thinking that the past was a better time…and scared of muggles and scared of the future because it feels like his place was some time ago, when he was part of the super-elite who could look down on the rest of the world. You don’t need to look too far to find many politicians standing on those platforms. Those issues are never more relevant than today, [but] they are dealt with in this kind of magical world."

isaacs was joined on the panel by warwick davis (who played professor flitwick and griphook), matthew lewis, and tom felton.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 02-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Forgot to post this from his IG. I didn't know he was on "The Patriot" with Heath Ledger.

Quote:
TBT. Heath and me in early make-up tests for The Patriot. The final version's a lot more obvious.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Man he (Jason) looks a little creepy
Old 02-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah those vampire (?) fangs are scary.

And congrats to Jason for the renewal of "The OA".

Old 02-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing,
Old 02-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Jason is off to New York for an event.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top