Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lovely gifset.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-09-2016, 11:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Dumbledore is confirmed for Part 2 of Fantastic Beasts. They'll be casting the role since it's a younger version.

Quote:
You’re casting Dumbledore now, right?
David Yates
: We’re discussing who would play Dumbledore.

David Heyman: Any thoughts?
David Yates:
Yeah, suggestions would be good. Jared Harris?

SnitchSeeker: It won’t be Michael Gambon? We’ve had so many people ask, “Is it Michael Gambon?”
David Heyman:
No, we need a younger Dumbledore.

David Yates: So anyhow, we’re passing around ideas. Any recommendations?

SnitchSeeker: Somebody tall and thin. Domhnall Gleeson would’ve been great, but he’s already Bill.

So we have to ask: Johnny Depp. How did that come about – casting him, bringing him into the series – and when did he film?
David Heyman
: It was early. It’s completely bonkers that it … we can keep very few secrets nowadays. Especially something like that, where he came to Leavesden and we filmed over two days and it didn’t come out. It was mad.

David Yates: He was sworn to secrecy. People tend to break promises.

David Heyman: The whole principal of casting the movie was go for the best actor for the most inspired, right fit for that character. As we started to approach Grindelwald, we thought, “Who’s gonna take this in an interesting direction. In this business it’s a weird old business – you’re brilliant one week, people are saying odd things the next. But no one takes away your pure talent. And John Depp is a real artist. He’s created several characters who’ve really resonated in our popular culture. He’s a really brilliant, brilliant actor and we were excited about seeing what he would do with this kind of character. He’s fearless. He’s imaginative. He’s ambitious. We thought he’d do something fun and special. So we went for him purely on that selfish basis. We don’t care if he’s famous or not famous. We just know he’s interesting.

David Yates: Grindelwald’s an iconic character, so I think it was important to have someone who’s got that weight. There’s a reason why he’s got that weight - because he’s a fine actor who makes unexpected choices.

SnitchSeeker: How did you approach him?
David Heyman:
The usual thing is our casting director Fiona will phone up his agent and say, “Look, would Johnny be interesting in talking about the character?” And he was. The great thing about making these movies is, ultimately, generally most people we approach actor-wise … when you’re setting up a movie – any other movie – it’s always a struggle. You have to get through the door and you have to get the script in there. You have to do a bit of a wooing game to get who you want.

But with both Potter and Fantastic Beasts, it was amazing. You can say, “We’re making this movie. It’s J.K. Rowling – she’s writing it – and would you …” “Yeah!” “Um, do you want to see a script?” “Oh yeah! Okay!” Generally it doesn’t work that way with everybody. There are some people who are a bit more reluctant, but generally people are very intrigued about this world, and about where it can go. It makes the whole casting process easy.

David Heyman: We had one choice for Newt. It was Eddie and he said yes.
'Fantastic Beasts' team confirm Grindelwald, Dumbledore casting; sequel in Paris & UK - SnitchSeeker.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 11-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Moderator Manager

There was a small HP reunion at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards (Michael, Helen McCrory, Ralph Fiennes, Kenneth Brannagh & Maggie Smith).

Old 11-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

That´s great. Any pictures?
Old 11-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Of them all? None, just individual ones.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Better than no pictures.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Moderator Manager

That's true. Though it would've been so great to see them all in a pic together.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It really would.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Moderator Manager

+

Old 11-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great picture!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Dumbledore made me cry in HBP. His death was upsetting to read and even more so when we see it in the movie.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was really sad.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Especially that part where he didn't want to drink the water anymore but Harry forced him to because Dumbledore told him that if he refuses, he must insist. UGH. Such great acting by Michael Gambon.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top