Old 06-26-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-27-2018, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-28-2018, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-30-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice little one shot by gryffindormischief for this hot Saturday.
Quote:
Harry groans, nearly toppling off the edge of the couch as he twists and the blanket wraps around his legs. The sunlight spears through the curtains and cuts across his eyes, a bright shard that sends splitting pain through his scull. “Bloody hell it’s like knives through my temples.”

There’s a surprise snort that really does startle him into dropping off the couch and onto the carefully braided rug, and it all floods back to him. Sleepless nights adding up, restlessness that jars Ron from his fitful slumber until he can’t bear the tiny attic space and has to get out.

He’d toyed with the idea of braving the elements, but the relentless thrum of a summer rainstorm against the uneven roofs of the Burrow had him quickly tossing out that option. Giving the Weasley clock a wide berth, he’d wandered into the living room, coaxed the fire to life with a flick of his wand and lain across the slightly lumpy couch, finally able to breathe.

And apparently he’d managed to drift off at some point and will a blanket over his shoulders because he was definitely past that level of self care when he’d collapsed to the cushions. Regardless, he somehow ended up covered in one of Mrs. Weasley’s quilts and as a result, in a tangled heap on the floor.

It is darker down here though, and Molly Weasley has somehow perfected the art of plush braided rugs so he’s not even uncomfortable, so he really could drift back off. He’s even willing to overlook the mysterious snorter if it means a few more stolen minutes of shut eye.

But alas, it’s not to be, as a pair of pale, freckled feet appear in his line of vision, rounded toes wriggling against the rug. And then one prods his shoulder, gentle but insistent. “Harry.”

“Leave m’ be. Wan’to sleep.”

The noise is more like a snicker this time, the closest thing to a laugh he’s heard in a while, aside from hollow, relieved laughter. “Didn’t you hear? You’re dead.”

That’s got him awake, and sitting up so quickly the blood rushes to his head and almost has him tipping backward. He fumbles for his glasses until Ginny slips them into his palm. “I - what?”

Ginny seems to delight in his confusion, and the flush he can feel rising on his cheeks - he’s neglected hygiene over the last few days, lying around fairly catatonic in various locations throughout the property. He’s found a particular copse of trees enjoyable enough, though he’d be lying if he said his mind hadn’t wandered to a scenario where a certain red head accompanied him -

“You’re dead,” Ginny repeats, holding the folded paper so a small column faces him, headline reading Potter Posse Plays Puppeteer.

“This - you’re kidding, right?”

“I wish I was,” Ginny sighs, shaking her head, “But apparently, we’ve been parading you around and pretending you’re alive to keep the peace.”

“Who - is that the Prophet?” Harry manages to stutter out.

Ginny nods and slides down next to him, back propped against the couch. “Want to hear my theory?”

Harry twists until his elbow is propped on the cushion and holds his head up on his fist. “Always.”

“Notice anything strange?”

He prods her with his socked foot, “That’s not a theory.”

“We’re doing question and answer reveal to keep you invested,” Ginny says, prim.

Groaning, Harry drops his forehead to his bicep. “It’s too early, Gin.”

That earns him a smack with the rolled up paper, “Don’t sass me Harry James.”

With the quick reflexes that have both kept him alive and won many a Quidditch match, Harry snatches the paper and eyes the article more closely. “No author.”

And if his heart rate picks up after her hand pats his cheek, he’s the only one who’ll know. “Got it in one, Mr. Potter. Any guess as to why?”

“Enlighten me, dear.”

Both their eyes widen at that, and Harry’s not sure if she’s going to kiss him or smack him for the slip - they’re okay but they’re not the same. Not yet.

Luck still holding strong, Harry cheats death once again as Ginny lets the flub drop and proceeds with her explanation. “You’ve been in hiding since - everything. They’re goading you into making an appearance and giving an interview.”

And her eyes are bright with mischief so beautiful his breath catches. “I propose, we give them half of what they want.”

Harry’s brows rise as he cottons on to her train of thought, “Think Luna’ll be willing?”

“Your interview is at four.”
Old 06-30-2018, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

I can point out many story flaws in CC. But I did enjoy how HG were portrayed.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did you get to see the show!? Lucky you! I’m so jealous.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-01-2018, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
Did you get to see the show!? Lucky you! I’m so jealous.
Not yet. Maybe next year. I meant the script.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh sorry. Yes the show is opening in SanFrancisco soon too so more people will get to see it! I’m hopeful that Toronto is on that list eventually.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

It starts in Melbourne next year.