Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Total Fan

I'll always have a soft spot for...

Quote:
He felt a strange twinge of annoyance as she walked away, her long red hair dancing behind her. He had become so used to her presence over the summer he had almost forgotten that Ginny did not hang around with him, Ron, and Hermione while at school.
...because it was the first overt, inarguable evidence of Harry's attraction to Ginny and his jealousy regarding her. There were arguably others before that in OotP, but this one was the first bit of proof that was undeniable and completely in-your-face. Ngl, I let out an inhuman squeal of glee when I first read it.

Bonnie's Army | Harry ღ Ginny | Icon by sanya4 on LJ
Old 02-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love those quotes, my friend wants to know because she wants to make an harry and ginny video and wants to use as much as quotes as she can use. Do you know what Ginny says to Harry in the books when she finds out he is leaving hogwarts?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane_4 (View Post)

...because it was the first overt, inarguable evidence of Harry's attraction to Ginny and his jealousy regarding her. There were arguably others before that in OotP, but this one was the first bit of proof that was undeniable and completely in-your-face. Ngl, I let out an inhuman squeal of glee when I first read it.
OMG when I first read that part in HBP, I squee'd. About time he noticed!
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane_4 (View Post)

Yes. When I read this I immediately knew that it not only was now 100% going to be H/G, but that it was happening in HBP! I wouldn't have to wait until book 7, like I thought was going to happen. The grin on my face when I read "strange twinge of annoyance" was a sight to behold, I'm sure. Those four words were such a "YES! I knew it!" moment for me, after all the years of waiting and arguing - to know my love for H/G wasn't misplaced!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgirl101 (View Post)
What are your favorite quotes of harry and ginny from the books?
Just like Amy, I love this:

"Harry thought inexplicably of Ginny, and her blazing look, and the feel of her lips on his"

and this:

"Smart girl, that Hermione," said Harry, trying to smile. "I just wish I'd asked you sooner. We could've had ages... months... years maybe..."
"But you've been too busy saving the wizarding world," said Ginny, half-laughing. "Well... I can't say I'm surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much."
Old 02-27-2011, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nothing is more kick ass than "Smart girl, that Hermione." I will forever LOVE that bit for so many infinite reasons.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Besides all of those already posted but I actually really like this part from DH:

Quote:
"I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest."
"There's the silver lining I've been looking for," she whispered, and then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before, and Harry was kissing her back, and it was blissful oblivion, better than Firewhisky; she was the only real thing in the world, Ginny, the feel of her, one hand at her back and one in her long, sweet-smelling hair -
Movies ♥ Music ♥ Photography
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

DH: "She was the only real thing in the world, Ginny, the feel of her, one hand at her back and one in her lond, sweet-smelling hair" I love this line so much, it really shows how much Harry is in love with Ginny and its so sweet xD
Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

“This girl is very nice-looking,” Krum said, recalling Harry to his surroundings. Krum was pointing at Ginny, who had just joined Luna. “She is also a relative of yours?”
“Yeah,” said Harry, suddenly irritated, “and she’s seeing someone. Jealous type. Big bloke. You wouldn’t want to cross him.”
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

And this!!

“I didn’t want anyone to talk to me,” said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.
“Well, that was a bit stupid of you,” said Ginny angrily, “seeing as you don’t know anyone but me who’s been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels.”
Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he turned on the spot to face her. “I forgot,” he said.
“Lucky you,” said Ginny coolly.
“I’m sorry,” Harry said, and he meant it.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Total Fan

Awwwww. Love that Ginny was able to calm Harry so well there.
Dan wishing me Happy birthday =WIN!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

She managed to do it without pissing him off.That's something,I'd say In tha book he was so ready to explode because of the anger at everyone basically.

Icon
Old 03-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

“I suppose you like the way Phlegm says ‘’Arry,’ do you?” asked Ginny scornfully.
“No,” said Harry, wishing he hadn’t spoken, “I was just saying, Phlegm… I mean, Fleur…”

and later

“She’s not that bad,” said Harry. “Ugly, though,” he added hastily, as Ginny raised her eyebrows, and she let out a reluctant giggle.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Total Fan

From OotP:

Quote:
"[Lockhart] hasn't changed much, has he?" muttered Harry to Ginny, who grinned.
I like that quote because, at the time, Harry still didn't know Ginny that well, and because Ron and Hermione were both standing right there, yet it was Ginny he chose to share the joke with. Ginny hadn't yet been showing her true self around him for very long, but but it's like he was already feeling a natural rapport with her, already instinctively realizing, "This girl gets me."

Bonnie's Army | Harry ღ Ginny | Icon by sanya4 on LJ
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

I love that moment as well for that reason. There was one in PoA as well sharing a joke about Percy. That's when she still had that crush on him and was still on the shy side around him.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top