Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
yes apparently in the next book there is a title called "Draco's Detour" which sounds exciting!
Where did you find that?

I am about 500 pages into Order of the Phoinex right now. I just found then in September my co worker go me hooked, but she does not understand my fasination for Draco and Hermoine and thanks for the welcome

Can anyone recomend a fic for me. I see many in the first post, but is there one I should start with?

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 11-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Shelly! We seem to like the same ships. There's a few chapter title spoilers at JKR's site. But it takes a few tries to find them.

And I just looked at all the fics on the first post. I can't pick one out because I really like them all for different reasons, and unless someone can pick out the perfect D/Hr fic from the list, I'd say that you should just pick a title that sounds appealing and read it But we're all pretty obsessed with Pansy's Volcano right now.
icon *
Old 11-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov's Belle
Shelly! We seem to like the same ships. There's a few chapter title spoilers at JKR's site. But it takes a few tries to find them.

And I just looked at all the fics on the first post. I can't pick one out because I really like them all for different reasons, and unless someone can pick out the perfect D/Hr fic from the list, I'd say that you should just pick a title that sounds appealing and read it But we're all pretty obsessed with Pansy's Volcano right now.
Hey Cass Thanks for the site. They do remind me a little but of Sarkney. though a younger version with powers . There are a few titles that sound really good. But I think I should quickly finish the end of OotP then read, just incase there are spoilers.

See I really liked the fact that Krum was from a school that disliked Muggle born, and I thought that would take care of my love/hate loving , I kept thinking what if it were Draco instead.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

welcome Allybally

Rec'ing one fic to read is just way hard because there are so many great ones. The list in the first post isnt even a complete list! Thats another great thing about this ship, theres alot of great fic writers.

We are all obsessed with Pansy's Volcano (which is totally Dr/HR despite the title) so maybe read that. Thats a NC-17 fic tho.

As for married/dating fics. Ummm i cant really remember the titles of any off the top of my head. ive read so many dr/hr fics i've lost track of whats what.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the welcome

Yes, I'm really amazed with a lot of the authors for this ship, they're really great.

Pansy's Volcano, eh? I think I'll give it a read, thanks.

Old 11-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Maz- Oh, on Friday and Saturday I had the worst sore throat of my life. Erg. It's gone now, but my voice is pretty much wiped too. Ah well.

I think my favorite types of fic are the kinds with lots of UST and confusedandtryingtofighttheattraction!Draco/andor Hermione. Which explains my obsession with PV. And Into the Dark. Which will never be updated.

Katie
Old 11-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Aww Katie glad your throat is better! Your voice should come back too!

I agree about the fics. UST is just HAWT and trying to fight their feelings is just typical. There has to be angst when it comes to them because theres no way their relationship would just start without it, unless its in the future and explained properly, but even then not likely!

Allybally PV is good to start ya off. Then I would just recommend making ur way down the list in the first post. Thats how i did it. I first clicked on the fics that had itriguing titles, but then i gave in and read most from top to bottom anyway!
Old 11-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

still need to look through the opening post for some good fanfics to read. i'm still working on my lj fanfic rec journal but i haven't added any hermion/eharry ones yet
Old 11-15-2004, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

Katie: Glad to hear you're feeling better! I hate being sick, especially when you work for yourself cause then you can't even call in sick.

Welcome Allybally! PV is a great fic to start reading, though I'm unsure if aff.net is working at the moment (it wasn't yesterday or earlier today). If you're looking for a completed fic, I totally recommend Once Upon a Thyme by DeChantel. It's very well written and just beautifully done. I've read it about a half dozen times. I have read some marriage drabbles and ficlets but for the life of me can't remember there names. Inell is known for great writing and being of fan of married!D/Hr. I'd check out her site or her livejournal.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the fic rec.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Deranged Pixie

I think my favorite types of fic are the kinds with lots of UST and confusedandtryingtofighttheattraction!Draco/andor Hermione. Which explains my obsession with PV. And Into the Dark. Which will never be updated.

Katie
I love those kind of fics.

and thanks for the recommendations

Old 11-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Naive Girl
[B]Inell is known for great writing and being of fan of married!D/Hr. I'd check out her site or her livejournal.
Ooh, gotta agree with you on that. I read Burning Up and Incentive for more than I could remember.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Naive Girl- Thanks a bunch! No, aff.net still isn't up But I will certainly check out Inell's work (And Once Upon A Thyme, too)! I've read a couple of Inell's before, and they're awesome!!

Old 11-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Yep i have to agree with everyone Inell does rock with her fics!

And uh pimpin my own fic but I also wrote a Dr/Hr fic called Fireworks you can find here
Old 11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Bluemidget has updated chapter 34 of Pansy's Volcano in the Guest files of the Draco and Hermione Yahoo Group. Those who are members just have to go to the homepage and click the files link and then the Guest Fics. Once there just click in her name and find file 34. It's real easy to join if your not a member, you can even check the no mail box and just read the stuff there.

Just a thought.