Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 04:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovesbitch
See, I'm completely agreeing with you about Hr/D losing it's charm if they get together in the book.

I used to ship Buffy/Spike nonstop for the first few seasons of Buffy but as soon as they actually got together something was lost and the pairing just wasn't as enjoyable anymore.
I'm a Spuffy shipper and I feel that I already get everything from the show. Sex scenes, kisses, hugs, fights, even sweet, loving scenes. And at the end, Buffy finally conceeded that she does love Spike. So I don't dive into the Spuffy fanfiction world because everything, practically everything I could think of was already provided by Joss. Buffy fanfics don't hold much appeal to me now.

Well, they're still enjoyable as ever for me because the relationship grows from physical to emotional, so on different direction.

While, Trory my other ship. The possibility for them to get together was long ago closed. So, until now, I still hold on to dear life on fanfics.

Uh, I don't think I'm making any sense here.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Nope, you made total sense in that.

*sigh* i really wanted to read some fanfic tonight but somehow it's already 2 am and I need to get up for school tomorrow morning
Old 11-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

deeta you made PERFECT sense. and thats exactly how I feel about Buffy/Spike and Trory. I think the show gave me enough Spuffy lovin to be happy. While Trory is so limited that I have to live through fanfics. But its all good.

The same goes for Dr/Hr, I guess thats why alot of Trory shippers ship Dr/Hr. We wont get much of them in the canon so we have to just think of all the possibilities.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey everyone

I'm sorry for spamming the board
I just wanted to remind you all that you have until around 6 p.m. CET tomorrow (that's around midday EST) to vote for your three favorite NEW shipper threads.
So if you haven't voted yet, make sure you do.

I will be counting the votes tomorrow evening and then I'll let you know which two threads are going to be added

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 11-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Hee. Love the title guys! So dirty!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Aw, I actually came up with a title people like. Is it sad that that makes me so happy?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
Aw, I actually came up with a title people like. Is it sad that that makes me so happy?
Nope, it was an awesome title
Old 11-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
Aw, Maz, it's seriously a good title. Even if Draco's detour wasn't to the good side, in our hearts we know it was to Hermione's room. He's naughty like that.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by deeta
Aw, Maz, it's seriously a good title. Even if Draco's detour wasn't to the good side, in our hearts we know it was to Hermione's room. He's naughty like that.
I'm still holding onto a small hope that Draco isn't all evil. I mean, were's the originality in that? A redeeming Draco is very much like Spike and how many people loved him (BtVS)?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm still holding onto a small hope that Draco isn't all evil. I mean, were's the originality in that? A redeeming Draco is very much like Spike and how many people loved him (BtVS)?
Exactly! And I'd love for him to be redeemed. But that would take the focus off the whole Harry story

Plus in JKRs interviews, it really seems like she doesn't like Draco therefore there won't be much room for his character development, let alone redemption.
icon *
Old 11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Why do I ship Draco/Hermione?

Hmm...opposites attract, horses kick each other becuase they love each other (some finnish thing)...I don't know.

Hr/D is one of the only het-ships I ship (the other two are Percy/Penelope and Marcus/Cho) But oh well

D/Hr, there's just something there.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Why do I ship Draco/Hermione?

I'm a sucker for the good girl/bad boy storyline. All my ships have it. Well all excpet my slash ships, but then it's the good girl/boy with the bad girl/boy.

When I first started reading HP fic it was HG/SS. It was only when I remembered from the movies the boy named Draco did I go out and find D/Hr fic. I've been hooked ever since. HP definetely has a way of sucking you in and never letting you go.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov's Belle
Exactly! And I'd love for him to be redeemed. But that would take the focus off the whole Harry story

Plus in JKRs interviews, it really seems like she doesn't like Draco therefore there won't be much room for his character development, let alone redemption.
True but then again she could just trying to keep us away from the twists in her story. If she came out and said that Draco would be redeemed in the last book that would ruin alot of suspense. Like will he betray them, will he kill them, will they get him. Giving away whether or not he's redemed is a big thing and I wouldn't be surprised if she was leading everyone the opposite way.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:57 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree that she could be saying that she hated Draco just to hide away her twists. But maybe she just hates him. Draco Malfoy in the book is made like he's a 10 year old spoiled, stupid, childish, bully. And truthfully it gets in the way of my HP loving because there are parts of me that really like Draco. But JKR seems to trash him a lot in the book. Sigh, maybe she could finally come to her senses.

Reedemed Draco is my most favorite Draco besides SexCrazed Draco. Especially when he's very silent and dark The Draco in Bachelor Party is definitely an amazing potrayal.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
True but then again she could just trying to keep us away from the twists in her story. If she came out and said that Draco would be redeemed in the last book that would ruin alot of suspense. Like will he betray them, will he kill them, will they get him. Giving away whether or not he's redemed is a big thing and I wouldn't be surprised if she was leading everyone the opposite way.
Very true. I hope that's what she's going to do. All of a sudden liking a character that she's supposed to hate, and that's supposed to bad, would be a dead give away as to what she's going to do. And she always likes giving readers surprises.

I loved Draco in the Bachelor Party. I think the writer got him just right. I love that story. But sex-crazed!Draco or Snarky!Draco is so much fun to read.
icon *
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top