Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Wow, I think I'm the only person here (or one of a few) that hasn't read the actual books. I stumpled upon the world of Harry Potter quite by accident. I had no intentions to ever read or watch anything HP. It was only because I had seen just about everything at blockbuster that I even considered renting the movies. I must say, I wasn't all to impressed. I mean, they were entertaining but nothing overly special. Then a couple of months went by and I stumpled across a hg/ss fic at ff.net. It had, like, 1500 reviews. I was a lil impressed by this and began to read it. After I was done, I immediately went to the HP stories area and searched for D/Hr. Why? Because I "good girl/bad boy" scenarios. I have to admit some of the first stories I came across weren't that good, it almost turned me off to the whole idea. However. I was determined to find something amazing and then I did, Once Upon a Time. I completely feel in love with it and thus became my HP (D/Hr in particuar) obsession. With all this talk about how good the books are, I am determined to read them... eventually.

jayta: I always save your work and rotate it. I couldn't possibly stick with the same wp when you keep making such beautiful other ones.

Maz: I remember the time when I used to live at home and my mom would keep coming in my room and checking to see what was keeping me on the computer for hours on end. She wasn't statified with my answers either, only then it was Buffy fic. Ah, memories.

Oh, and I do hope you get to see POA soon. I know the feeling of everyone talking about it and not having a clue about anything they're talking about!

Caroline: Welcome to the Thread!
Old 06-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah okay, i think the crimson jess should come with a huge warning label unless there was one that i missed...it's so horrifying and you dont realize that until halfway through - bloody awful so read it if you like stories about murderous psychos
Old 06-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilmoracholic
yeah okay, i think the crimson jess should come with a huge warning label unless there was one that i missed...it's so horrifying and you dont realize that until halfway through - bloody awful so read it if you like stories about murderous psychos
Funny, I didn't at all have these thoughts when I read The Crimson Jess. True it was a dark fic, but I wasn't at all offended or horrified. What captured me was the way it was beautifully written and my love for dark!evil!draco. I'm hoping that Gravidy gets to write the full story like she was thinking about. Though another chapter of GOTL would be great too.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Witter
When Herm punches him, in the book, he doesn't whimper and he doesn't run away. He goes rigid from shock (and 'cause he's a little turned on ) and he WALKS away. They made him a pansy in the movie. Totally hated it.
I know! i heard about the running away and i was like WHAT! i was sure in the book he is just kinda shocked (and turned on, yes ) i dont like that he's suppossed to look all pansyfied. that is not a good image for our draco. i know harry and ron are the main guys, but still draco is such an interesting character, dont ruin him!

Naive Girl, my mum has seen me go through all my obsessions, DC, buffy, OTH, HP. she's given up trying to figure out what i get up to, its been going on for years!
Old 06-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Maz i know you'll eventually find your way there...hehe. come hell or high water!

yeah canon draco kinda sucks...not that i've read past book 3...and even that one i kinda skimmed.

i'm just happy with my fanficDraco....who needs any other? hehe.

::dances down to DeNile::

Suzy atta girl! way to use your noggin'! Maybe I should slow down so that you wouldn't have to work so hard in rotating the wps?

Welcome Caroline! Hope you enjoy the corruptness of this thread. If you don't want to be corrupted...then hang with me. I'm still staying strong...no matter what these weirdos say...
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 06-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Witter
He goes rigid from shock (and 'cause he's a little turned on ) and he WALKS away.
Hee.

Sidney malfoy- Wow. Where did you find those pictures? I'm going to make stuff. TF is multiple levels of hott.

jayta- I love DeNile. Mind if I join you? And we have to keep in mind that Draco is as he appears to Harry. I'm sure there are hidden rivers of depth.

Katie
Old 06-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jayta
i'm just happy with my fanficDraco....who needs any other? hehe.
Amen! I'm right there with ya!
Old 06-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Deranged Pixie
And we have to keep in mind that Draco is as he appears to Harry. I'm sure there are hidden rivers of depth.
Right on, sister friend. That's why I love fanfic so much, we get to explore the rest of the characters in depth. Besides, I am usually always interested in the peripheral characters more than the main one because after awhile, the main characters starts to become a little self-involved because everyone is always talking about him/her. Case in point? Dawson's Creek. I simply didn't care what happened to The Head...and if was his *****ing Creek. *takes in deep breath* but that a rant for another thread.

Go Draco!

Icon by wicked_one
Old 06-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Welcome to the thread, Caroline!

EEE. Katie, those WP friggin rock. Wow.

Ahhh...finally! It’s done. (Well, the prologue)

But first, a banner to pimp. Heh:

The Charmed Life by Jamie and Priya.

We would simply love it if you guys checked it out and left us some feedback. And if it says “story not found,” then ff.net is being stupid and hasn’t put our fic up yet. So wait a while, and it’ll be there.

Last edited by IndianSpice; 06-21-2004 at 08:36 PM
Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IndianSpice

The Charmed Life by Jamie and Priya.
*runs off to read*
Old 06-22-2004, 12:23 AM
New Fan

Have you guy's read this Fairy tales fan fic it's really
good!
Old 06-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Total Fan

Nope, but I like that banner.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

yeah fanfic draco rocks. and i was lucky to read some good d/hr fics first so i didnt get put off of them.

janie and pri, love the banner. its so pretty. love draco at the front! i'm off to read the fic now!

and woohoo im actually going to watch PoA in a couple of hours! finally!

ETA: is anyone else having trouble accessing Pansy's volcano? i wanted to read it but the link never works for me!

Last edited by ~Maz~; 06-22-2004 at 06:07 AM
Old 06-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~

ETA: is anyone else having trouble accessing Pansy's volcano? i wanted to read it but the link never works for me!
I think AFF.net is down.

I just love fanfic Draco and it's so interesting where the good writers take his character and their relationship. And I dislike the way Cuaron portrayed Draco in the movie. He was such a wimp! Grrrr...

Old 06-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I think what makes D/Hr interesting to me is that their interactions in the books leave a lot of room for interpretation. Yeah, I'm drawn to the whole opposites-attract-bad-boy-good-girl thingy, but if their interactions weren't written as they were, I'd be less interested. It's the possibilities that canon has for D/Hr (in my opinion) that makes fanon so much fun.

I like canon!Draco. His maliciousness and evil is fun, to me. Heh. I see fanon!Draco as possible extentions of canon!Draco; as someone mentioned, the narrative is in Harry's POV so I'm sure Draco's characterization isn't as complete as we see in the books.

What I disliked about Cuaron's characterization of Draco is that he definitely played up the cowardly side of Draco. I tend to see Draco as mostly all-talk and all-bluster- words are his weapon of choice, and he's usually really good at bringing people down verbally. I hated the whimpering when Hermione pointed her wand at him. That was OOC to me; he would not have shown fear, at alone in front of the Trio. That's one of the things I wished hadn't been changed from the book.

(Gah. I could go on forever, ranting about Draco in PoA.)

Maz: Enjoy the movie!

Pri & Jamie: Eeep! *goes off to read*

I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Last edited by inmyeyes; 06-22-2004 at 11:55 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top