Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

starry-eyed: Write On is a cute fic. I read it earlier this morning. From what I heard about Playing With a Dragon’s Fire, I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. I definetely let you know what I think about it.

igloo155: I'm a fan of The Play's the Thing too. I was a lil' leerly about starting it, but I'm glad I did. Hopefully she'll update soon. I agree with you about the amount of dialogue from the actual play. If I wasn't a fan of both the movie and play, I probably wouldn't of stuck with it.

Priya: I stumpled onto Ad Astra awhile back and is actually how I became a fan of D/Hr. It's a great site and recommend it to everyone. Some of the best fanfic is rec'ed there.(Was lurking over at the OTH B/L Thread just now and had to come and praise you on your avies. I totally snagged for later. Really beautifully done!)

*edited to praise Priya*

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited Naive Girl ]
Old 04-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by IndianSpice:
<STRONG>Mel: Jamie is a Trory Goddess. Even if I didn’t ship the couples she wrote for, I would read her work just for the incredible writing style. Goood stuff.</STRONG>
I will have to read some of her stories then [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] What ships dont you ship that she writes?

Nice start Ashleigh! I love the title!
Old 04-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelVartanIsSexy:
<STRONG>I will have to read some of her stories then [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] What ships dont you ship that she writes?</STRONG>
Fortunately (for me at least) none so far. Hee. We 'ship the same couples mostly since our couples have a lot in common (Trory, D/Hr, Lucas/Brooke, Seth/Summer, Pacey/Joey) but I do write Louistan (yes, I am a bad Trory, I know this) and I'm not sure if she reads that. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I wouldn't blame her. Priya is a die-hard Trory.

Icon by wicked_one
Old 04-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Louistan *cringes* that is so sad! Stick with Trory! They are so much better!
Old 04-04-2004, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Louistan *cringes* that is so sad! Stick with Trory! They are so much better!</STRONG>
Don't say such things. [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] I happen to love Louise. I wish both her and Madeline both had bigger roles. There was so much potential there. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Don't worry about being a bad Trory Jamie, I happen to like Tristan with either Louise or Madeline... or hey possibly both. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Witter:
<STRONG>
We 'ship the same couples mostly since our couples have a lot in common (Trory, D/Hr, Lucas/Brooke, Seth/Summer, Pacey/Joey)</STRONG>
hehe. those are all my 'ships too! They do seem to share a common theme tho. lol.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Louistan *cringes* that is so sad! Stick with Trory! They are so much better!</STRONG>
Hey! You never know until you try. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Besides, it's future fic so it's very much a possibility.

Suzy - Hee, yeah, our Tristan is a manwhore.

Maz - Yeah, I think it's the banter and natural chemistry that those couples have that draw us to them. Those couples all have the love/hate vibe going for them (except L/B) so that makes for great UST. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Icon by wicked_one
Old 04-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Jamie: Tristan makes an awesome manwhore.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey all! I got a fic rec for ya. It's cute and amusing, you guys have to give it a try.
Elves Without Clothes by WhompingWillow.
Summary: AU Hermione doesn't understand Winky. What could be better than being free? She decides to take extreme measures to find out what goes on in the mind of a house-elf. HGDM and a touch of HGSS
Old 04-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Aw, Suzy, you’re too sweet, dear. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Ad Astra has converted quite a few people into D/Hr lovers, even James, who despised HP beforehand. But shhh! I never told you that. *hides* BTW, all this manwhore talk is making me want to bust out my HA av.

Hey, Stefy! How’ve you been? [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] And thank you for your compliment, darling. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Of course I’ve read your Louistan, James! Secondhand Emotion kicks some major arse. But, per usual, I’ve been bad at reviewing. Dude, I even read some of your Passion fics like waaaay back when, which you deleted. (silly girl) I had no idea what the hell was going on since I had never seen that show before, but I read it for your writing. Hott smut. So, yeah, if I can do that, then you should give Louistan a chance, Mel. Or just Jamie!Writing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think it's really amuseing how most of us also ship Rory and Tristan. I love couples like that too.

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited igloo155 ]
Old 04-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm, I'd thought I'd been here, but I guess not. Hey whens the new movie coming out&gt;?

): )
Old 04-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

I think POA comes out June 4th. I could be mistaken though.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

POA comes out 4th of June in America, 10th of June in Australia and 2nd of June in some other places [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You have all got me needing a trory fix now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>POA comes out 4th of June in America, 10th of June in Australia and 2nd of June in some other places [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
I really should remember that not everyone live in America. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
You have all got me needing a trory fix now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
You should go and give into temptation. Start by reading Jamie's excellent fic Whatever Tomorrow Brings. She just updated it too.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Suzy: You’re such a good pimp. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Guys, I have excellent news! I talked with shakespearechick, author of The Play’s the Thing, and she told me that she just sent out chapter 11 for beta-ing, and will post it on Schnoogle as soon as she gets it back. Hee. I’m so excited about that fic!