Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Supreme Fan

My god!!! I like this Clemence girl, although I don't think they have chosen her for being super beuatiful, I know other actresses who are more beautiful, but she does have that veela scence, don't you think?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, in the first pic she looks pretty scary, but in the second one she looks very pretty and cute. I'm glad she's had a lot of experience acting, she should be able to do it justice.

Thanks for the news!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info! I don't know anything about her but she looks like a good choice for Fleur.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I've been neglecting the news thread!

Great to now the Sirius in the Dorms scene was shot!!!!!! That was one I was quite upset at being cut!!! Yeah DVD!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Total Fan

hmmm, she looks like she'll be a good fleur, I know a girl that tried out for the part of fleur, I don't theink she would have done a vary good job and she's too young.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Total Fan

Clemence is 21 - I'm hoping between her, and Christian Coulson (Tom Riddle, who was into his twenties when he played the role), it will be well and truly proven that the trio will be able to portray characters a few years younger than them, if it comes to that.
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 06-16-2004, 12:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Peeves & SS Directors cut!!!

This is from a recent chat with Chris Rankin (Percy):

"CR: The longest scene I've ever shot was on this first film. It was the scene with Peeves the Poltergeist. We shot it in Gloucester Cathedral cloisters.

Sadly it never made it to the final take although I hear Chris Columbus is going to be making a director's cut. In which it will be reinstated.
"

Wow I never knew anything with Peeves was shot!!! Aww!! I so want to see that now! Also even though I know its very much a "rumor" type statement right now...great to know CC is even thinking of a Directors cut! That would be so great!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 01:53 AM
Supreme Fan

wow! Peeves! I really want to see it! and they will do a director's cut? that's awesome
Old 06-16-2004, 05:35 AM
Banned

i wanna see peeves to. he is just to kool.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Alyssa Milano/Hermione + Tom Welling/Harry?!

WB Launching Americanized Harry Potter Series In Fall 2004

The WB network has announced it is launching a new series in the fall based on J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books.

"We're very excited about this addition to our lineup," said WB co-CEO Jordan Levin. "The Harry Potter books have proved wildly successful when transferred to film, and we think a TV series is the next logical step for this franchise." The WB is owned by Warner Brothers, which has produced the first three Potter films.

The series, provisionally entitled "HP," will be an Americanized adaptation of the original books, more in keeping with the typical teen dramas which are the trademark of the WB.

"The first two movies did okay, but the third one [Prisoner of Azkaban] has been much better received. And do you know why? Because the kids are becoming teens," said Levin. "We think a teen Harry Potter drama really has potential to connect with our prime demographic – especially once we tone down the British cultural references."

The network's controversial decision to Americanize the series and re-imagine Hogwarts School of Wizardry as a high school in Malibu has incited an uproar from Harry Potter fan communities. The WB has expressed confidence that viewers will change their minds after the pilot airs in September, but critics are not so sure.

"The prime-time soaps aired by the WB are beyond awful," said television critic Gregory Vinson. "They're filled with ludicrously attractive twentysomethings pretending to be teenagers and sleeping around at the drop of a hat. The very concept of "Hogwarts 90210" makes me want to retch."

The decision to cast the muscular, six foot three Smallville heartthrob Tom Welling as Harry Potter has already sparked a storm of discussion on fansites worldwide.

"We think that Tom has already shown the brooding intensity you need to play Harry," countered Levin. "I mean, he's already got the dark hair. A pair of glasses and a little scar, and it'll be like Harry walked out of the book."

Fellow WB star Alyssa Milano, who has played a witch for years on the cult favorite Charmed has been cast as Hermione. The part of Harry's pal Ron Weasley has not been cast yet, but the network has confirmed rumors that the role is being "tweaked" to better resonate with American audiences.

"J.K. Rowling's books are extremely British," said Levin. "America's a much more diverse place than Britain, and we really needed to introduce a more urban element to the very provincial original. So it seemed logical to cast an African-American in the role of Ron."

Rowling herself has not officially commented on the new series, and there has been no mention of the series on her website. However, in an online chat over the weekend, she did offer the following enigmatic advice in closing:

"Make bloody well sure," she noted, "you always, always, always read the fine print when you sign something."

Old 06-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Where is that article from? I don't believe a word of it. I think someone wrote that as a total joke!

It's actually funny to me!

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Funy and scary I would have to say!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

yeah that seems like a joke to me as well, considering both of those actors have series to go back to next fall. But if they do it, i will never EVER watch it.

-Maria

Angel: I'm not sure that's the word.

"This isn't real, but I just want to feel" -Buffy
Old 06-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Oh God I hope it's just a stupid joke

HP into a series would be a big mistake, casting Tom Welling as Harry would be a bigger mistake, casting Alyssa Milano would be a HUGE mistake, and "making more american the series" would be the biggest of the mistakes.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 06-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Extreme Fan

What a joke!

I mean, you hear reviews about Dan, soon being too old to play HP, and then we hear of twentysomething year olds to play HP, Ron et al

What a laugh!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top