Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Supreme Fan

The latest Harry Potter News #6

the last thread can be found here

Artist posted the link to the DVD launch party photos, go here

Who's that? a girlfriend?

NOOOOOOOOOOO don't tell me Samiel (in my mind he is Samiel, not Samuel, not Thomas) went to the party?? and he's wearing a tie! I love guys with ties he's the cutest thing

danradcliffe.co.uk has more pix

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by Caradeangel; 01-23-2005 at 04:35 AM
Old 11-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Rupert Grint said the following about HP4: "We're about halfway through filming now, it's going really well. In this one you've got the Yule Ball, where we all have to find partners so that will be quite interesting. And I have to wear these horrible dress robes for the ball so I'm not really looking forward to that."

Quote:
Tom to be on television tomorrow

Tom Felton (Draco) updated his blog, saying that he will be on the television show "This Morning with Philip Schofield" tomorrow, November 19. He also mentioned that he recently attended a performance of Jesus Christ Superstar.
Quote:
Scottish band's film status in question

According to The Mirror, a British tabloid, the Scottish band Franz Ferdinand will not appear in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire due to arguments between band members. It was previously reported by many more credible news websites that they would be playing the Weird Sisters in the film. The tabloid says that Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood and Jarvis Cocker will appear instead.

Note: Regard this as a rumor for the time being.

Update: GigWise.com is reporting the news as well.
Quote:
Remember the dvd launches...

November 23 - United States, Canada, Thailand, Hungary, Romania, Singapore, Denmark
November 24 - Sweden, Argentina, Chile
November 27 - The Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Belgium
December 1 - Australia, New Zealand
December 2 - France, Spain
December 3 - Brazil, Mexico
December 17 - Japan
Quote:
Emma flicks switch on Oxford lights

Emma Watson turned on the London Oxford Street Christmas lights earlier today. A special Harry Potter light show will run every night from now until Christmas. Emma said the following: "I have wanted to do it ever since I was very young and I saw the Spice Girls do it. I love Oxford Street. I have come here most Christmases because I love the lights and all the beautiful displays in all the shops."

pictures here
Old 11-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry Alex, I didn't see this thread I closed the other one and topped this news thread

From About.com

Quote:
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is Falling Into Place

With screenwriter Michael Goldenberg now in place, Warner Bros. is close to signing on a director for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." According to Variety, the WB is within days of confirming David Yates as the "Order of the Phoenix" director.

David Yates is better known for his work on TV than his movies. In fact, his only feature film directorial credit is for 1998's "The Tichborne Claimant" starring Robert Pugh and John Gielgud. It was his work on the television dramas "The Way We Live Now" and "State of Play" that caught the attention of the "Harry Potter" powers that be.

In addition to "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," Yates is attached to direct Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany in "Brideshead Revisited."

Production on "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is scheduled to start in late 2005.
Also, a DVD Review from BBC

Quote:
DVD review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
By William Gallagher
BBC News

This third Harry Potter film brought a change of director and a dramatic visual shake-up that really shines on DVD.

Gone are the warm, bright colours found in the two earlier films, Alfonso Cuaron brings in a bleak and cold feel that is simply gorgeous - and looks even better here than in the cinema.

It is all part of the progression of Harry's story into darker areas, but you'll spend time just marvelling at the beautiful Hogwarts landscape.

What do you think of the DVD? Tell us

This is the first Potter film where you get so lost in the screen adaptation that you forget the book.

It is the third year at Hogwarts and studies are interrupted, as they always are, by a calamity that only Harry, Ron and Hermione can put right.

Deleted scenes

It sounds corny. But Harry is no longer the winsome hero, he is a moody teenager and Daniel Radcliffe pulls it off very well.

Emma Watson is ever better as Hermione, and the young stars are joined by the usual myriad famous actors including Gary Oldman and Emma Thompson.

The film itself is the reason to buy this DVD. But it is laden with behind-the-scenes extras, including funny, if shallow, interviews with all the main cast.

But what seems like a long list of features can be swiftly whittled down to the few that you are going to watch.

Younger viewers will go for the games which include a Magic You May Have Missed memory test, and Crookshanks chasing off after Scabbers.

Adult viewers will ignore those and go straight to the deleted scenes.

You will understand why they were deleted but it is fun to see more footage - and not have to hunt through endless menus to find it, as we did on the first Harry Potter DVD.

The most interesting pieces are an interview with JK Rowling in Creating The Vision and Conjuring A Scene, a short featurette about the making of the film's big moments.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 11-21-2004, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Outtakes of the Trio's Teen Vogue magazine photo shoot may be seen here and a new TV segment from the Launch Party may be seen here.

Also, just clarifying something, Cho Chang and Harry's kiss was in OoTP, right?
Old 11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Supreme Fan

no prob Cara, wow, there's lots of news! time to read now

Quote:
Originally posted by artist
Also, just clarifying something, Cho Chang and Harry's kiss was in OoTP, right?
yes it was thanks for those links!
Old 11-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

sorry if this is the wrong place..:Look: if it isn't, direct me where to go, and if it is..well okay then.. :-D

who is going to play Luna and Tonks in the OotP? Those two have become 2 of my favourite characters..
Old 11-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Joshua, as far as I know the only actor casted for Order of the Phoenix is Jason Isaacs. Though I wouldn't bet on that. The site also has Steven Kloves credited as screen writer, and it has been reported that he will not be writing the screenplay for the fifth movie. So I guess we'll have a little while to see who will play Luna and Tonks

Some news on filming 2nd task:

Quote:
Potter magic under the sea
(from The Sunday Telegraph)

FILMING of the fourth Harry Potter blockbuster is well under way – with much of the action taking place underwater.

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire sets new limits for cinematic technology according to producer David Heyman, who said shooting has been a delicate process.

"We have had to build a dedicated tank which was incredibly involved, but I think it will look spectacular," he said.

Filming has taken place in short bursts, with divers supplying oxygen to actors Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.
Not that this procedure is very new. James Cameron did it in "The Abyss". But it's gonna come out great, I'm sure

Last edited by Caradeangel; 11-22-2004 at 06:52 AM
Old 11-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ooooh! That does sound great! Thanks for bringing that over

Lisa
Old 11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Supreme Fan

hi Josh

well, as Cara said, the only person confirmed for OotP is Jason Isaacs, though we assume that Dan, Emma, Rupert, Katie Leung, Gary Oldman, and the teachers that we already know will be too...
nobody has mentioned about the castings for Luna and Tonks yet
Jason Isaacs was confirmed to be in the 5th movie by his own mouth in an interview a few months ago

Quote:
The site also has Steven Kloves credited as screen writer, and it has been reported that he will not be writing the screenplay for the fifth movie
exactly
Old 11-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gary Oldman has been confirmed for Sirius, hasn't he? That's what it said on Mugglenet, at least

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 11-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by L u x i e
Gary Oldman has been confirmed for Sirius, hasn't he? That's what it said on Mugglenet, at least
well I don't know if it's officialy confirmed, but I'm totally sure that he will be, Gary said in an interview that he had a contract for the fifth film, so if he says so, then it's true, also that's the most logical thing to happen because.. we all know the importance of Sirius' role in the 5th book
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Fan

Alfonso Cuarón might direct another HP movie

Quote:
Cuarón Would "Love" to Return to Direct Later Film; Inks 3-year WB Production Deal
from The Leaky Cauldron

More from our DVD launch coverage, this time from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuarón, asked about whether he would return to direct HP 5, 6 or 7:

"Later on if I could I would love to come back and work on another Harry Potter film. It's a gift, it's a gift. It was one of the best years of my life, doing this film.

A reporter then asked about his experience working with children:

I don't think they would appreciate you calling them children! They are teenagers, they are young adults, maybe. It's fantastic. They're amazing. It's an amazing group of actors. At this point they are such experienced actors, they are ... interacting with some of the best actors in life.

In related news, the Mexican director has just inked a three-year, first-look production deal with WB that would allow him to work on mainstream and also smaller-budget Spanish-language films with the company. WB's Jeff Robinov told Variety:

"We had a wonderful experience with Alfonso on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and have been long-time admirers of his work...His deal will give us the opportunity to collaborate with Alfonso on movies that make the most of his artistry and vision and continue to offer him the mainstream worldwide audiences that our studio provides so successfully."
Also, according to The Leaky Cauldron several additional characters have been cast for GoF:

Quote:
A signed first edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is currently going on eBay for more than 750 GBP, as first reported by Veritaserum.

The book is signed by many GoF cast members, including some names that have not yet been confirmed for GoF.

We can exclusively confirm that these names are accurate as GoF cast members. Our trusted sources also provided a few more names. The following people are playing the following parts.

Tiana Benjamin as Angelina Johnson.

William Melling as Nigel, a first-year (this actor has no relation to Harry Melling, who plays Dudley)
Tolga Safer as Karkaroff's Aide (this is not, as rumored, Tolga Kenan, who is and has been Harry's stunt double).
Louis Doyle as Ernie McMillan (who reprises his role from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)

The following will also appear in GoF:

Henry Lloyd-Hughes as Roger Davies (who in the book attends the ball with Fleur)
Charlotte Skeoch, reprising her role as Hannah Abbot from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Robert Wilfort as "Bozo Photographer"

While WB has not officially confirmed these, TLC has never in its history said something was confirmed without meaning it. We are not treating this as a rumor.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I just updated the GoF cast list and the list of release dates in the opening post of our GoF movie thread

Old 11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Merry Christmas, from Dan and the tank crew
In Dan Radcliffe's christmas card this year, (the one he sends out to all the fans that write to him) he includes this picture from the GOF set that shows a large number of cast and crew members inside the huge 60ftx60ft tank they are using for filming the Second Task scene (with Dan's own holiday touch). He also added:

Please find enclosed the Christmas card I will be sending this year. It was taken on the last day of filming the underwater task, 20 feet down in the tank which was specially constructed at Leavesden Studios. This is one of my favourite photos, which I wanted to share with you. Every single person you see, trained, helped and guided me through this very demanding sequence.This card will be sent in response to all letters I receive between now and the end of December.

To read his entire letter to DR.com's Jenna, click here.
OMG!!! It´s such an amazing picture!
And you can also see Dan´s double and (I think) Cedric and his double (yellow uniform). Who´s the girl on bathing suit? I believe not Emma, not Fleur and not Gabrielle....
Old 11-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know!!, who is that girl, some people seem to think it is hermione, but I dunno????
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top