Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Devon smoking...
Old 09-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Dan definitely needs a haircut!

Smoking at 14! Where is that boys mother??

Lisa
Old 09-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Supreme Fan

<---- that was exactly my face when I read about Devon smoking, and then I did this--->

and Dan needs a haircut I can barely see his face! I thought he would keep the PoA hair
Old 09-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved Dan's POA hair... it looks so huge in this picture. I wonder why they decided to have it back. Oh well he is still cute as a button.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Supreme Fan

maybe with glasses he looks better... I've always liked Dan as Harry more than as himself, with glasses he's ultra yummy
Old 09-07-2004, 08:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Goblet of Fire cast takes a break

Jamie Waylett (Crabbe) has updated his online diary, stating that the cast of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is on a week-long break. However, this may not include all of the leads, who have been filming the First Task at Fort Williams over the past few days.
And mugglenet is the winner of "site of the month" in jkrowling.com

Quote:
It's high time I paid homage to the mighty MuggleNet. Where to start? I love the design, (I currently favour the 'Dementor' layout) the polls, (I actually voted in the 'Who's the Half-Blood Prince?' one), the pretty-much-exhaustive information on all books and films, the wonderful editorials, (more insight there than in several companion volumes I shall not name), 101 Ways to Annoy Voldemort, (made me laugh out loud), the Wall of Shame, (nearly as funny as some of the stuff I get) ...pretty much everything. Webmaster Emerson, Jamie, Eric, Damon, Ben, Matthew, Rachel, Jamyz and Sharon, I salute you.
Quote:
Tom Felton updates his webpage and answers some fans questions

Fans are still asking questions so here are a few answers.

I don't have any control over my hair colour - it's the Director's decision as to style - nothing to do with me!
Did I know Emma, Daniel and Rupert before Harry Potter - answer is no and I'm not going out with Emma.
I am nothing like my character which is a questions lots of fans ask including Amy from Rush in Texas
What would I do instead of acting - answer is a professional fisherman
My favourite actors I have worked with are - Brendon Gleeson who is such a nice person, Kenneth Branagh who is a brilliant actor.
Favourite actor in another film I have done has to be CHOW YUN FAT who played the King in the film 'Anna and the King' (he taught me how to sword fight with real swords!).
Favourite female actress I have worked with is Julie Walters.
Favourite actors who I haven't worked with are Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt.
I'm doing a new photo shoot tomorrow so new photos for my Christmas card etc. I'll get some posters done in case anyone wants one. Hope you are all ok and not ill like me!
Old 09-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

hmm, glad to hear about mugglenet-its a way cool site

and cant you just imagine the annoyed look on Tom's face as he typed the response about being Emma's boyfriend?
Old 09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow, Tom Felton has great taste in actors. Kenneth Branagh and Anthony Hopkins are two of my favorite actors, and Chow Yun Fat and Brad Pitt are high on the list too.

I'm surprised anyone would think he had any control over his character's hair. What a strange question.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Tom is funny.

I was looking at his site the other day and I say the post on his diary about the NY premiere he said about Emma looking so beautiful.

There´s a pic from them at the party that they are cheek to cheek. I know they haven´t dated, but I´m positively sure he likes her. Of course he can´t say it for everyone to read it.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tom Felton is too old for Emma Watson. I shouldn't think they'd be dating. Do they live in the same part of England? She's a good enough actress, but I've not the kid particularly pretty. At all. Very ordinary looking as fits Hermione. She does look good with hair and make-up, but then so does Oprah. Most anyone looks better in makeup.

That must be a pre-make up photo, cause Hermione has to be curly if not bushy. And surely they aren't going to film kids with pants that low. I went through high school/college in the '80s and '90s when pants came to the waist and shirts were baggy/boxy. Seeing lowrise pulchritude on school kids offends me. Especially when you can see their underwear.

Sorry 'bout the sartorial rant. It's just that so many kids are sold clothes and marketed styles that are only fit for the sexually mature. It's vastly annoying to see men leering at schoolgirls.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Love's Bitch
Seeing lowrise pulchritude on school kids offends me. Especially when you can see their underwear.

Sorry 'bout the sartorial rant. It's just that so many kids are sold clothes and marketed styles that are only fit for the sexually mature. It's vastly annoying to see men leering at schoolgirls.
I agree. I'm 37, and it really creeps me out to see little girls wearing stuff like that.

But I do think Emma Watson is pretty good-looking. She has really pretty eyes. But just because Tom Felton noticed she looked beautiful at the premier doesn't mean he's interested in her; it just proves he has eyes.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
'Eragon' author enjoys HP series

Christopher Paolini, author of the popular Eragon trilogy, had positive things to say about the Harry Potter books at a Comic-Con convention in July. Eragon fan site Shurtugal.com has a transcript from the interview:

Chris Paolini: I read the Harry Potter books after I wrote Eragon. I actually did not read them until the fourth book came out. I didn’t even know about them. I wasn’t in a regular school so I never even heard of them until the fourth one came out. I read the first one, I really enjoyed it. And I have enjoyed the rest of the series. I think it’s really good because JK Rowling is in a great deal to get attention for young adult literature and to encourage others to read and write. So I’m a big fan of them. She better finish them up soon. I’m waiting for the next book!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Love's Bitch
Tom Felton is too old for Emma Watson. I shouldn't think they'd be dating. Do they live in the same part of England? She's a good enough actress, but I've not the kid particularly pretty. At all. Very ordinary looking as fits Hermione. She does look good with hair and make-up, but then so does Oprah. Most anyone looks better in makeup.

That must be a pre-make up photo, cause Hermione has to be curly if not bushy. And surely they aren't going to film kids with pants that low. I went through high school/college in the '80s and '90s when pants came to the waist and shirts were baggy/boxy. Seeing lowrise pulchritude on school kids offends me. Especially when you can see their underwear.

I don't think Tom is to old for Emma... he's 16/17 and she's 14. That's only a two year age different. In American High school's she would be a Freshman and he would only be a Junior. At my old high school that wasn't so uncommon.

About the clothes thing, I'm 18 and through most of high school I dressed in the typical West Coast styles (low jeans, small vintage shirts...ect)and I had been doing it since the 7th grade. Maybe its just me but I think girls should be able to wear whatever they want with out having grown men staring at them regardless. Its not the girls fault.

Change of subject-

It's so cool that Christopher Paolini reads Harry Potter! I love Eragon.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Elle*
I don't think Tom is to old for Emma... he's 16/17 and she's 14. That's only a two year age different. In American High school's she would be a Freshman and he would only be a Junior. At my old high school that wasn't so uncommon.

About the clothes thing, I'm 18 and through most of high school I dressed in the typical West Coast styles (low jeans, small vintage shirts...ect)and I had been doing it since the 7th grade. Maybe its just me but I think girls should be able to wear whatever they want with out having grown men staring at them regardless. Its not the girls fault.
I agree with every of your words I'm a university student and I ALWAYS dress with baggy clothes, my underwear is always showing but I don't give a s-it, everyone's free to dress as comfortable as they like to. I've been like this since I was in school, I was like this in high school, and I haven't changed. And most of people in the world dress or act weirdly, but who cares...
And Tom and Emma have only 2 years of difference, in my high school my 15-year-old friends dated 25-year-old men and right now one of my friends is dating a 34-year-old men and she is 18.... I don't think 2 years is a problem. Appart from that, I don't think Tom likes Emma, I mean, obviously she is super pretty, and she is in that HP world where most of the people that surround her are boys, so they all focus on her.. but I see it as something physical, I don't think they like each other or anything.
That's my opinion

Last edited by - Alex -; 09-08-2004 at 08:08 PM
Old 09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

On the age difference, we'll agree to disagree. I thought as a high schooler that there was a world of difference between 14 and 17 (which Felton will shortly be). And my mom agreed with me. Having lived through all of it, it is still clearly a tremendous developmental difference. Just out of junior high versus on the way to college.

Also, if you have 15 year old friends dating grown men, you'd be doing them a favor to mention that to their parents. I continue to regret not sounding alarm when one of my 9th grade pals was having an affair with 35 year old man. It's illegal (in the US) and wrong. Those adults need to be dealt with immediately.

As to clothing, not to further highjack the News thread, but it's not really up to teenagers to wear "whatever" they want. Are men wrong for leering? Sure. But the age of majority is 18 (in the US) and that line holds up in a court of law. The line is blurred when you have minors dressed like grown women. Clothing used to be a rite of passage, strictly enforced for age-appropriateness, for boys and girls. Little girls in training bras, or just off to the prom should be clearly distinguished from adults. This is totally a whole other topic that hearkens to, among other things, the age bar for sexual behavior moving lower and lower.

Hving passed 30, I know have a clear perspective on what we thought as teens and what actually was appropriate. Thank God for the 80s.