Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallyna
My parents haven´t complained about me staying 16 hours non-stop reading OotP, why would they forbid me for going to the movies for 3 hours?
exactly! it's about time they get a new excuse
Old 09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Loyal Fan

*sigh* Let's face it, the main reason behind cutting the length of the Potter fics is money.

Shorter movie = more screenings per day = higher revenues
$$$ caching! caching! caching! $$$

Sadly, in the end, no matter how "family oriented" the Potter series is, it's still business.
It's still all about the Benjamins
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 09-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Money explains not shooting some scenes in the firt place - it doesn't explain CUTING scenes they already spent the money to shoot, like they apparently did in PoA.

I saw that movie twice in the theaters, and there was NOT ONE CHILD there either time.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, but like I said, shorter movies means more screenings per day.
And more screenings per day means more people could see the movie that day.And it's very vital specially if the movie is just released and "fresh" so to speak.
More people are interested to see it, and less likely there are bootleg copies yet.
The end result is more money.

You know, it's sad how those people who just wanted more profit
It pains me to think how the director feels when his work is butchered for the sake of good ol' Mr. Benjamin Franklin.

But then again, there's always DVDs
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 09-04-2004, 06:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Jason Isaacs to start GOF filming

Jason Isaacs, Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies, is traveling to Britain to film his scenes in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Though his character was mentioned in the third book, Isaacs was not in the third movie. The character of Lucius Malfoy is in the following scenes in the fourth book (highlight due to plot spoilers):

- The Quidditch World Cup
- The graveyard scene
Old 09-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone know how I can contact Padm鱲3 ... or Padm鱲3 if you read this please eMail me: Caradeangel76@yahoo.de (it's about your screen name)

Okay... that was not really news. But since Padm鱲3 is just online I was hoping she might read this. I tried to PM her but that's not possible because of the special characters in her name.

Back to HP news now

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Supreme Fan

k, we'll tell her if we see her.. post a poster "Most wanted user in HP forum"
Old 09-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Jason Isaacs to start GOF filming
Woohoo!!!!!

Old 09-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Jason....
Old 09-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Addicted Fan

This is from Godric's Hollow

Quote:
Harry Potter Cast Members to Attend this Years Collectormania 6

Numorous actors from the Harry Potter films will be attending this year's annual Collectormania 6 in Milton Keynes, England on October 1st through the 3rd. They will be signing autographs on the 2nd day of the Collectormania. There will also be a special, one hour, Harry Potter Talk on Sunday, Oct. 3rd from 3 to 4pm. This includes a Q & A session. Tickets for the talk will be sold separately.

Devon Murray (Seamus), Matthew Lewis (Neville), Jamie Waylett(Crabbe) and James & Oliver Phelps (Fred & George Weasley) are all confirmed to be attending.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

sweet- thanks for the info!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Extreme Fan

I've never posted on this board before seeing as I'm fairly new to the Harry Potter fandom (about 2.5 months now) but I've been lurking for a while and felt compelled to comment about the whole "Harry Potter movies can't be longer than 2.5 hours" bull*****.

It seems pretty obvious that parents who would say this have children that have trouble sitting still for more than 2 hours at a time. IMO, any child that is too young to sit still for more than two hours shouldn't be allowed to see GoF anyway. I know if I had a child that young I wouldn't allow them to sit in that theater and see...certain things that happen in that novel come to life on the big screen. Anyway, that's just my two cents.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:17 AM
Total Fan

There was an article in my newspaper about Jk's website and how you could get the HBP snippet from behind the door.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Supreme Fan

I agree with you Heather. A kid than can't sit still for more than 2 hours even if what he is watching is a movie of their fave books, then that kid is too yougn to watch certain things in the movies.

Quote:
HP cast arrives at Fort Williams

The Harry Potter cast has arrived at Fort Williams, where they will be filming a scene in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire involving a computer-enhanced fire-breathing dragon. Security is stringent, and the main actors were flown in via helicopter.
Quote:
Better-quality pictures of Dan on set

The pictures keep rolling in! Three better-quality pictures of Daniel Radcliffe.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Supreme Fan

New pictures of Emma Watson on the set

The Daily Express newspaper printed a similar picture along with this blurb on GOF: "It's quite a spell now since they first appeared as Harry Potter's helpers. But you can't wave a magic wand in real life and make time stand still. Take Emma Watson, 14, for instance, who plays Harry's companion Hermione Granger. Quite the confident grown-up, she joked with other youngsters as she waited to go into make-up during filming of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And Irish actor Devon Murray, 14, who has played one of our hero's Gryffindor House friends in all four movies, had a quiet cigarette away from the rest of the cast. Filming has now moved to Fort William, Scotland, where Emma, Devon, and Harry star Daniel Radcliffe - now with shaggy haircut - are shooting at the 400ft Steall Falls. The plucky friends will fight a computer-created dragon. For release in November next year, it will introduce fans to Katie Leung as Harry's love intrest Cho Chang."
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top