Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
@lumos: We’re marking the 25th anniversary of the fall of the #BerlinWall with a special project from ourselves and founder @jkrowling . Get ready!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Moderator Manager

This was an interesting read on Pottermore. I love it when JKR is writing all these new info on the site.

Quote:
In her brand new writing on pottermore.com, J.K. Rowling revealed the history of every Minister for Magic since the position was created all those years ago in 1707.

We relished finding out all the secrets and conspiracy theories surrounding the various Ministers – we wonder whether the rumours that Muggle Minister Nobby Leach interfered in the 1966 World Cup to ensure England’s victory are true?
Pottermore Insider: Which Minister for Magic did you enjoy discovering more about?

Old 11-21-2014, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Cuckoo's Calling won a Mystery Audio Book award!

Quote:
The Cuckoo’s Calling, part of the Cormoran Strike series written by J.K. Rowling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, was included in the list of award winners during last weekend’s Bouchercon 2014: Murder at the Beach.

Bouchercon, held this year in Long Beach, California, is an annual world mystery convention that brings together readers, writers, and various members of the publishing industry with the purpose of educating and entertaining. The convention was created and first held in 1970 and named after influential writer and editor of mystery and science fiction, Anthony Boucher.

As voted by the attendees of Bouchercon, Galbraith’s first book in the Cormoran Strike series took the award in a brand new category, Best Audio Book, narrated by Robert Glenister. This is not the first time Rowling’s written work has been a recipient of the awards. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix won an Anthony Award for Best Young Adult Mystery in 2004. A full list of this year’s convention winners can be found here.

In addition to selecting various works for recognition, the convention also supports charities each year, including libraries, literacy programs, and non-profit organizations that promote not only literacy and writing but also one-on-one mentoring programs for budding writers. This year’s convention supported Long Beach Library Foundation and WriteGirl.
As well She now has her own spot on Monopoly!

http://www.mugglenet.com/2014/11/j-k...monopoly-spot/

Last edited by baileycat; 11-21-2014 at 05:26 AM
Old 11-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Moderator Manager

First teaser image from BBC’s “The Casual Vacancy” adaptation released! | MuggleNet

I reckon we'll get more soon.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

To have a spot on Monopoly Scotland says a lot. She's a national treasure.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Moderator Manager

x

Old 11-23-2014, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Wow. Those pictures are awesome. Love to see how much they've grown.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jo hasn't grown.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
Wow. Those pictures are awesome. Love to see how much they've grown.
I know right? I know it's not possible anytime soon but I still hope that we get a newer one (with the trio) in the future.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jo's new film series Fantastic Beasts set to start filming next year!
J K Rowling has written script for Harry Potter spin-off film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 3am & Mirror Online
Old 11-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:

@jk_rowling: 'What would you like to be if you weren't a writer?' An otter weigher.

Potter fans will likely recognize the significance of her choice. The Patronus, the result of a defensive spell that channels a wizard’s positive feelings, of main character Hermione (who Rowling has said is based on her younger self) is an otter.

But just in case case Rowling is looking for a second job, we would like to point out that some China Zoos are hiring for panda nannies. Just think of the bedtime stories she’d tell them.
J.K. Rowling Tweets Dream Job If She Weren't Harry Potter Writer

Old 11-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 11-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Lovely new twitter cover by JKR.

Quote:
@jk_rowling: My friend @RGalbraith has agreed to donate a signed copy of The Silkworm and I'll co-sign it http://igg.me/at/lumos

Old 11-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://wearelumos.org/news/1527

Quote:
J.K. Rowling: international aid can help end the institutionalisation of children ‘in our lifetime’
Author launches #LetsTalkLumos campaign for eight million children in institutions or orphanages, of whom over 80 per cent have living parents

J.K. Rowling today urged some of the world’s largest international aid donors to use their financial might to eradicate institutions and orphanages that harm children. As Founder and President of the international children’s charity Lumos, she told a London conference that all children had a legal and moral right to a family life and that institutions, despite the best intentions, cannot give the love and care they need to grow and reach their potential. Speaking to representatives from organisations controlling billions of Euros and US Dollars in international aid - including the EU, the US Government and Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) – the author emphasised the clear economic case for ‘deinstitutionalisation’. Supporting children to stay with their own families in their communities was – in nearly all cases - significantly cheaper for societies than funding institutions, she said.

“I recently committed to becoming President of Lumos for Life,” she added, “and it is my dream that by the time my life ends, the very concept of taking a child away from its family and locking it away will seem to belong to a cruel, fictional world.”

J.K. Rowling addressed more than 50 government officials and diplomats from Europe and around the world, at the major policy conference hosted by Lumos, in Westminster, Central London, entitled In Our Lifetime: a Global Conference to End the Institutionalisation of Children.

The author is also helping to launch Lumos’ online social media campaign, #LetstalkLumos, aimed at raising awareness of the plight of up to eight million children globally who are living in orphanages and institutions, despite over 80% having living parents. The campaign will also raise funds for a special education unit in a mainstream school in Moldova, to demonstrate that children with complex disabilities can be educated alongside their peers without disabilities.

At the conference, J.K. Rowling met Dumitriţa, aged 14, who lived for five years in an institution from Moldova until, with Lumos’ support, she was reunited with her family in 2013. Dumitriţa has been included in a mainstream school and is now an active promoter of inclusive education for all children. The author also met 17-year-old Cristina, the leader of children’s council at Dumitriţa’s school.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top