Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

I think it will be something for adults this time. Not like HP wasn't appealing to people of all the ages, but I mean that this new book might be specifically designed for adults by JKR herself. And I think it will have some major mysteries and maybe a sad/tragic ending. Don't know why but for some reason I think so.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Moderator Manager

It's confirmed to be for adults but as for the genre, not yet. For sure once the promotions for the book comes out and is released, people will definitely line up for it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

I think all the JKR fans will be pleased to read it The ones who grew up with her books will appreciate the fact that she tries herself in other genres which I think makes a way for an interesting creative experience for her as a writer. Even though she is already great and skilled at writing doesn't mean there are no ways of learning more and challenging yourself and I'd love to see her new work.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Me too. She's associated highly with Harry Potter and this will be an entirely different thing so I'm excited to find out what it is.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was watching a documentary on Margaret Mitchell and Harper Lee last night and how they were so successful with their first novels that the pressure to write more and have the second novel be equally successful was too much for them. They couldn't do it. Made me think of Jo. How not only did she write a whole series which each of them more and more successful than the one previously, she's about to publish her first non-Potter novel. And even if she feels the pressure that these two woman had, she's still doing it. She's not afraid of failure.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Love the Mugglenet April Fools Joke BUT I wonder who else fell for it? So curious about her book already.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I'm excited to see Jo's new book. I have my doubts just like the rest of the world, I don't think it will be as great as Harry Potter, but I love that she's taking the risk and I'm sure she'll surprise us.

What did they say, Lindsay?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Moderator Manager

This one, Catia.

J.K. Rowling's adult novel titled 'Lairs of Lady Po' | Shelf Life | EW.com

Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I was watching a documentary on Margaret Mitchell and Harper Lee last night and how they were so successful with their first novels that the pressure to write more and have the second novel be equally successful was too much for them. They couldn't do it. Made me think of Jo. How not only did she write a whole series which each of them more and more successful than the one previously, she's about to publish her first non-Potter novel. And even if she feels the pressure that these two woman had, she's still doing it. She's not afraid of failure.
I'm really proud of JKR for what she is doing, for trying herself in something new even if it can be (and most likely will be) not as successfull as HP. Yet she still wants to evolve and progress as a writer. I'm not saying I don't understand how those other writers with similar experience felt though, it must have been incredibly hard for them to realize they will never possibly write something that impresses and inspires so many people and they were deadly afraid to not only disappoint everyone but to disappoint themselves first and foremost. Especially taking that writers' nature is really sensitive and many of them tend to want to be perfect and can get really depressed if their writing goes downhill, or if they think it does. I just hope JKR enjoys writing what she writes and I'm sure we will enjoy to read it.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Moderator Manager

So far the e-books are doing good and to think people have read them already.

JK Rowling's Pottermore Breaks eBook Lockdown, Might Change eBooks Forever

Old 04-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watching the Life and Times doc again and WEEPING again. When she breaks down? *tears*
Old 04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Total Fan

Who has seen Magic Beyond Words? I just watched it

That Life and Times doc gets to me too
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-Skins (View Post)
Who has seen Magic Beyond Words? I just watched it
What do you think? I still haven't gotten around to watching it so thanks for reminding me. I'll watch it this weekend.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
Watching the Life and Times doc again and WEEPING again. When she breaks down? *tears*
Does anyone have a link to that? Because I don't remember watching it... maybe I did but I can't remember and I'd have a look at it.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Moderator Manager

J.K. Rowling's Website, Pottermore, Finally Available to All Fans | Bangstyle :: A Global Network Promoting Independent Artists

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top