Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
Yeah, what did she say about Snape?

Personally, I think that Snape is on Dumbledore's side for real, but his hatred for Harry keeps messing him. In OotP, if he had been able to teach Harry Occlumency, Sirius wouldn't have been killed.
Speaking of which do you think Harry will have like the biggest guilt trip ever in the next book. I know he felt pretty bad at teh end of OOtP but wouldn't something like that just make you feel even worse as time goes on?
bowlnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 86amanda86
are you sure you don't think its snape, cause frankly he's been a bit of a pill lately...
Well, I guess Snape could be Voldie's spy in Hogwarts, bu to me that would seem kinda anti-climactic. So many people are believing Snape is really evil that it would be a big let-down if he really was. And I'm pretty sure that the person that Voldie was referring to when he said that one of his followers was lost for ever was Snape. JKR said that several websites had identified this character correctly and many postulate that it is Snape...which I agree with. And the coward that Voldie was talking about was the headmaster of Durmstrang(I forget his name).

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

I think thats what she wants us to think, then she's going to drop the bomb. now im not saying i think its snape for sure, but its definately someone we havn't thought of....
86amanda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bowlnoodle
Speaking of which do you think Harry will have like the biggest guilt trip ever in the next book. I know he felt pretty bad at teh end of OOtP but wouldn't something like that just make you feel even worse as time goes on?
I think that's likey.

Quote:
I think thats what she wants us to think, then she's going to drop the bomb. now im not saying i think its snape for sure, but its definately someone we havn't thought of....
No - Voldemort's entire line is, "One, who remains my most faithful servant, and who has already reentered my service... He is at Hogwarts, that faithful servant, and it was through his efforts that our young friend arrived here tonight." Barty Crouch was the one whose efforts brought Harry to Voldemort that night.

And if Snape were Voldemort's most faithful servant, then who do you think he was referring to when he said, "One, who I believe has left me forever... he will be killed, of course..."

And who is the one "too cowardly to return"? Could that be Snape?

Either way, Voldemort would kill Snape on sight if he saw him, either for being a coward or for leaving him. I think that's going to be important in the next book. Ever since book #1, I've predicted that Harry will have to rescuse Snape from Voldemort at some point, and that will really piss Snape off and make him hate Harry even more.

Last edited by Crossbow; 09-06-2004 at 01:14 PM
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

I actually agree with you. I just think its fun to get everyone argueing.... No, I have thought that to, that Harry will end up saving Snape, which will chap snape's arse like nobody's buisness, and that the coward was karkaroff, loyal one was barty crouch, and he feared snape had left him forever....but since snape is so good at occlumency, he was able to convince voldemort that he was still loyal.

*cough cough* half blood prince is godric gryffindor...*cough cough*
Old 09-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
the coward was karkaroff,

*cough cough* half blood prince is godric gryffindor...*cough cough*
Oh yeah, I forgot about Karakoff. I think you're right.

Godric Gryffindor? Why? We don't have any reason to think that he was either a half blood or a prince. My money is still on Lucius and Petunia's illigitimate son.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

No - Voldemort's entire line is, "One, who remains my most faithful servant, and who has already reentered my service... He is at Hogwarts, that faithful servant, and it was through his efforts that our young friend arrived here tonight." Barty Crouch was the one whose efforts brought Harry to Voldemort that night.

And if Snape were Voldemort's most faithful servant, then who do you think he was referring to when he said, "One, who I believe has left me forever... he will be killed, of course..."

When was this line spoken? Cause you never know I could have been Cedric Diggory
Old 09-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I also think that the half-blood prince is Godric Gryffindor... I think that it fits for several reasons.

Of course, I have seen very good arguements that it is not him but I still can't give that idea up.
Myrddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Myrddin
I also think that the half-blood prince is Godric Gryffindor... I think that it fits for several reasons.
Like what?

Quote:
When was this line spoken? Cause you never know I could have been Cedric Diggory
Well, it's just after he's killed Diggory, so I don't think he'd be referring to Diggory in the present tense.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Well, it's just after he's killed Diggory, so I don't think he'd be referring to Diggory in the present tense.
Well you never know, Voldie is a couple cards short of a deck...
Old 09-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

I don't know about you, but I think it is him for several reasons.

#1- CoS was named HBP for a while but then Jo decided to get rid of that plot completely from that book, but she said part of the story was mentioned in CoS....which was the only time she mentioned Godric Gryffindor.
#2- I think that Just as Voldemort was the heir, the last remaining descendant of Slitherin, Harry is the hier of Gryffindor. I think this becuase it would make sense, it would explain why Harry is "the one with the power to vanquesh the dark lord." It also explains why he pulled the sword out of the sorting had, no, I don't think that Dumbledor meant he was just a Gryffindor at heart when he said, "true Gryffindor."
#3- I think that both Godric and Salazar both lived in the early days of wizzardry, around the time of Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, etc...I think Godric probably was royal, maybe a son of Merlin/muggle queen or princess, or someone royal. Which would explain the bit about being a half blood.
#4- My research into the description of the sword of Gryffindor, its size etc..., has led me to beleive that it was not a battle sword, but a cerimonial sword, which in those days, was only held and used by someone royal....

I have more reasons but that should give you some food for thought...any more brain busters?
Old 09-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Well you never know, Voldie is a couple cards short of a deck...
Well, that's true...

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I think it is him for several reasons.

#1- CoS was named HBP for a while but then Jo decided to get rid of that plot completely from that book, but she said part of the story was mentioned in CoS....which was the only time she mentioned Godric Gryffindor.
But she also said that all traces of the HBP plot had been removed form CoS, and I think Godric's sword would be a trace of that plot. (JKR's appearance in Edinburgh transcribed on her website.)

And the sorting hat said Salazar and Godric were great friends, and I don't think Salazar would be friends with a half-blood if he wouldn't even lower himself to teach them. (Sorting hat scene in OotP.)
Old 09-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah Godric Griffindor being the HBP, its not that it's too obvious, it's just that it's not very surprising, especially since I've seen so many people with that theory. It reminds me of before the Order of the Pheonix came out and everyone was saying it was gonna be Hagrid that died. Hell, by the time the book casme out I was 99.9% sure it was going to be Hagrid because of the things that I heard, but that's also probably why I cried so much at the end of OotP. Getting to the point I just think its going to be the person that only one or two people have suggested. Me? my suggestion is Tom Riddle. I'm not quite sure why I think I just wanna see Tom again
Old 09-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think the HBP might be Dean Thomas, because he's not purely Muggle as he believes himself to be. Jo mentioend it on her site that his father never told Dean's mum that he was a wizard so he could protect her, and ended up being killed by the Death Eaters when he refused to join them. To join the Death Eaters you must be a pureblood also, so that would make Dean a half-blood, right? The only reason I think that this theory doesn't work is because Jo says that she had to sacrifice Dean's story so she could discuss Neville's, which she says is important to the central plot. So if his story was replaced by Neville's I doubt he would become the main point of one of the books. But I'm sticking to this theory for awhile, until something better surfaces.

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
L u x i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

I just think Harry being a descendant of Godric Gryffindor too cliché. *shrug* I mean, come on. It would make too much...sense. It'd take away the element of surprise.

I <3 the story of Dean, and I really wish JKR had been able to keep it in. *sniffle* But I don't think it will make it in, nor do I think Dean's the Half-Blood Prince, because she wouldn't have put it on her website if it were in the book.

And I believe the comment JKR made about Snape was something to the effect of, "I don't know why so many people like him as there isn't much really told about him." but I could be wrong.

Speaking of Snape, I am starting to believe that he could very easily become just a bastard character.

I fully believe that there is so much more to Snape that we will never understand, but if JKR just keeps showing us his whiney, bitchy side, I will be sorely disappointed.

It's like Draco. Sure, he's a bully, but he has the potential to become either a snarky good guy, or a really good, nasty bad guy - like Lucius. (*drool*) But, unfortunately, Draco has just become one-dimensional. I mean, all he does now is taunt Harry, and it's getting OLD. He's, what, fifteen, sixteen? Grow up. Get over it. *sigh* Boys are stupid.

Anyway, point is, I've given up on Draco (going good OR bad) and I really don't want that to happen with Snape. I hope she can give us some more insight into that man.

Anyway, I need to reread the books, and I plan to once I finish this lovely little Kurt Vonnegut book I've been reading, but yeah, I need to brush up.

OH!

And let me just say:

LILY POTTER IZ TEH EVIL!!11!11ONE!1111!!!!
Maresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top