Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
JK has said that the final romantic pairings are ones that most people have not even considered.
I remember reading this somewhere, too. But I dunno, I don't really believe it. For one thing, practically every pairing possible has come up in fandom - who's it gonna be in the end, Harry and Winky?

I personally don't think Harry should be matched up with anyone at the end. He has this huuuuuge weight on his shoulders with the prophecy and Voldemort - a romance for him is too much. Maybe a hint of future relationships, but I wouldn't like to see the series end with Harry and his beloved walking off into the sunset. I would prefer the trio walking off into the sunset.

I have no clue who I think the HBP is. I do like reading the theories, though. Right now I'd say I'm going with the suggestion that its Seamus. It has been mentioned very clearly that he is halfblood, and I'd say he has a large enough role in the books that he could end up playing an important part.

icon credit
Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ToFuJello
But in the chapter 26, seen and unforseen in OotP Harry pg. 591 american version:
That's exactly why we think he is spying on the Death Eaters.

Quote:
Another thing that makes me wonder about Snape is Chapter 23, Christmas in the closed ward, pg. 494-495, American version:

With that whole conversation is makes me wonder. I think that tid-bit about adding the slytherins saving their own neck was necessarily for that conversation, you know.
He is saving his neck. Maybe he expected Voldemort to be defeated, so he wants to be onthe winning side. Remember, they're always saying Dumbledore is the only person Voldemort was ever afraid of. It makes sense to choose Dumbledore's side if you want to win, even if you don't care about the cause.

Quote:
I can find it within the book right now, but Ron accuses Snape of opening up his mind to Voldemort, and Hermione gets on to him about. But this time Ron is the one the suggests it and Ron is the only one that says it. And is just seems that every prediction Ron makes comes true.
Oh, god, are people STILL on about that Ron-as-Seer thing? That's just completely silly. I thought the idea had finally died out.

Anyway, Ron HATES Snape. Naturally he's going to assume the worst about him; he has been since the first book. You can't take anything Ron or Harry thinks about Snape as truth. They've been treating him like he's evil, just because Snape doesn't like them. There have to be people you don't like. Does that make you evil?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well I still am not convicned either way, I just noticed more things than usual that maybe Snape maybe on the Death Eater's side.

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." -- Walter Bagehot
Old 07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

JKR answered the Mark Evans poll question on her site...

let me just say I am pissed!

Yes put on your goatee JKR......
Old 07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

You know, I thought that Mark Evans was going to be something a bit more. However, as a writer trying to figure out JKR's tapestry, I couldn't think of exactly how she was going to use him. Oh well.

Anyway, I thought of another reason this morning what James is the HBP, IMO:

The Potters were famous before Voldemort attacked. Per Hagrid in SS.
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Old 07-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm behind the times...what was the Mark Evans poll question and what did she say about it?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pretty much that the names Mark Evans mean nothing. It was nothing more than a common last name

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." -- Walter Bagehot
Old 07-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh ok, thanks muchly I go to JKR's site every once in a while, but I get frustrated with solving the puzzles to get information...I'm old and impatient
Old 07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Total Fan

"dumbledore he's like the yoda of all the wizards!"

Your right about that. Though I believe too Dumbledore is trying to follow the prophecy. If he were to kill Voldermort he may kill Harry as well.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 07-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Total Fan

I'm so pissed off, I voted so many times to have the Sirius question answered and it wasn't and I'm even more pissed because mark evans isn't even important!!!!

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:45 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Luinélwen
I'm so pissed off, I voted so many times to have the Sirius question answered and it wasn't and I'm even more pissed because mark evans isn't even important!!!!
But then if Mark Evan had been important, I bet you wouldn't have minded so much.

Although I voted for the Sirius one as well, because I always believed Mark Evans was nobody important. So I'm annoyed too.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

I voted for Sirius question too... When I saw the pool I thought who is Mark Evans? I couldn't remembered him ... I mean the important caracters are always the same...

What a pity

Old 07-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Passionate Fan

What was the Sirius question? I want to be frustrated too!!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Sirius one was: Did Sirius really die?

I think that was it, I didn't vote for that one, I voted for the other one, and the funny thing now is I can't even remember the question. I only voted for the other one cause those were the obvious choices, but the first one just seemed out of place, maybe out of place enough to hold some importance. And I'm glad Mark Evans was no one cause I think that would be just too much, yet another back story to tell. I'm not annoyed either way.

Old 07-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ToFuJello
The Sirius one was: Did Sirius really die?

I know he died but I need JKR telling something like people who are behind the veil are in a paradise or in a good place...

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top