Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Dream Girl!

That's a good point too. Who knows now, cause now I'm wavering with the James theory, oh well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." -- Walter Bagehot
Old 06-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

A Qoute taken from JKR's World Book Chat

"Siriusstar: Is Remus a pureblood?
JK Rowling replies ; Half blood. "

Another possibility for the HBP.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, it definitely could be Lupin. Although, I have been a believer since POA that Lupin is James and the real Lupin is dead. So, who knows.

I have a question on something else. I read somewhere on a website (not sure where though!) that JK has stated that she has lurked endless websites and hears tons and tons of speculation on the romantic pairings, And she said that she has yet to read anyone get the final romantic pairings correct. Some have come close but she has not seen anyone get it right.

IF this is true, then wouldn't the main speculative romantic pairings of H/Hr, H/G and R/Hr ALL be not possible? I mean, these are the three main pairings, and JK has certainly read tons of people talk about these pairings. And if she said that noone has gotten the FINAL romantic pairings right, would all three of these ships be completely nixed as possibilities for final romantic pairings?
Old 06-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Could it be Snape and McGonagall? She's always saying, "As Prof. Snape was reminding me . . ." Seems like she talks a lot with him, but we never actually see it happen huh?

That seems like an unlikely pairing.

-- not serious here, but hey, do we have to be?
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Old 07-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't really have any clue who the romantic pairing at the end will be. I hope it's H/Hr. Just simple cause they remind me of my two best friends. But teacher wise it's hard to say. Never really look for one there

I was thinking about who would be dieing within the next few books. As long as it's not Lupin or Dumbledore, I think I'll be good. BUt I'm still worried about who else might be the next to go.

And way off topic. Everyone must go see Spiderman 2 it twas the Awesome or all Awesomeness!!!!

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." -- Walter Bagehot
Old 07-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Wilpen, I don't know what website you speak of that had that info but on JKR's site, she has stated this about the ships:

"I can't believe that some of you haven't worked this one out yet, but I'm not going to answer because that would spoil the arguments, which I enjoy."

So I think, she's just fueling the flames if you asked me. And really, why would she come out anyway and dispell who will get with who? She wants you to read (and buy) all the books. If she risks losing some fans with this coveted info why would she? She's a smart, slick cookie.

All these HBP theories are so good. I'm just amazed at how many possible choices there are.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, I read what she said on her website. That is why what I read on another site shocked me because it contradicted what she said. It was like on a general message board thread and people were talking about how the main ships cannot be possible in the end because JK has said that the final romantic pairings are ones that most people have not even considered. I actually think the site that I was at was one that JK recommended at her own site. That is why I went there.

Who knows. It was late the night that I was lurking around and I could have been half asleep while reading this info.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Re: Debate\Discussion #1: Facts, Rumours, Speculations

Quote:
Originally posted by ToFuJello

*As for the breaking news of the Half Blood Prince, I think it's Colin Creevy. I'm going to figure it's a person who is introduced in CoS, because of the story change that JK made to wait for the 6th book. And that person just pops up to me, I know it's even a little weird for me.
Colin Creevey was my first guess but I don't have any valid argument... I guess it's because JKR said that the answer was in CoS and Colin was one of the characters that was enhanced (not only for the descriptive parts but also for being one of the students who ended petrified by the basilisc) and who happens to have a big interest in Harry Potter... it may have something more to the story than we initially thought...

Hum... Dean... that's quite a good option...

Lupin, well, that's another character I though of but since he just appeared in book 3 and JKR said that book 2 was the base... i don't know... we'll just have to wait

I Am Mine

Last edited by ~sunshine~; 07-01-2004 at 02:59 PM
Old 07-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
... JK has said that the final romantic pairings are ones that most people have not even considered.
I've never heard that before, and I thought I had read all her interviews.

I really can't imagine she is going to have everyone neatly "paired" at the end. That would be soooo hokey.

I haven't heard any convincing arguments for the HPB being any character that we've been introduced to. For one thing, none of them fits the description of "prince."

Dean seems to be the favorite suspect, but I don't think it's him because JKR said the reason she cut his background is that Neville's was more important. And since the HPB has a whole book named after him, his background has to be at least as importnant as Neville's.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

well, i found some really interesting stuff on JKR official site that can somewhat be an argument to dean being the HBP...

check this out (some rewards I won for exploring her website):

"This very old drawing comes from "The midnight duel" chapter of Philosopher's Stone". As you can see, Dean originally joined Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville for the adventure. As you can see from the written caption, Dean was called Gary in those days"
info on dean
drawing

i guess dean was supposed to have a bigger role than he actually got... hummm...

I Am Mine
Old 07-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Why do you think JKR named the 4th book "Goblet of Fire"? Wouldn't a better title be, "Mad Eye Moody." If you don't have Moody, you've got nothing.
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Old 07-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Qfanny
Why do you think JKR named the 4th book "Goblet of Fire"? Wouldn't a better title be, "Mad Eye Moody." If you don't have Moody, you've got nothing.
yeah but then our attention would have been on Moody a lot more. People might have guessed that he was evil (not moody)
I agree that Dean probably has a role to play but i don't think he's the HBP.

Logan: You're so cute. Listen I'll get you for this. I will.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was thinking about the HBP. I mean would someone of know if they were a prince. I mean with all the books that Hermione has read, wouldn't see of come across it. I'm going to be a little skeptical of how JK decides to show this, and tells us how it's been kept a secret for so long, and it's not in any of the books Hermione has read. Even if it has been, you think with new like that she would tell Harry and Ron. I don't know. BUt I'm sure JK will do a wonderful job anyways.

Old 07-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~sunshine~
well, i found some really interesting stuff on JKR official site that can somewhat be an argument to dean being the HBP...

check this out (some rewards I won for exploring her website):

"This very old drawing comes from "The midnight duel" chapter of Philosopher's Stone". As you can see, Dean originally joined Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville for the adventure. As you can see from the written caption, Dean was called Gary in those days"
info on dean
drawing

i guess dean was supposed to have a bigger role than he actually got... hummm...
See, I think these same things argue AGAINST Dean being the HPB. She keeps mentioning that he was originally supposed to have a bigger role than he does. That means that he does not have a very big role. That's why he can't be the HPB.

Quote:
Originally posted by Qfanny
For one thing, that would have made the full title "Harry Potter and Madeye Moody." Say it out loud. It sounds stupid.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
See, I think these same things argue AGAINST Dean being the HPB. She keeps mentioning that he was originally supposed to have a bigger role than he does. That means that he does not have a very big role. That's why he can't be the HPB.
For one thing, that would have made the full title "Harry Potter and Madeye Moody." Say it out loud. It sounds stupid.
couldn't agree with you more on both fronts! lol

Logan: You're so cute. Listen I'll get you for this. I will.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top