Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Don't know anything about the actress who'll be playing Rita...but she looks the part well enough......
Old 04-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah she's very pretty. Although I pictured someone a little less supermodelish, but whatever.

Actually, when the false rumour about Kate Winslet was bouncing around for the part of Fleur. My immediate response was "Nuh uh she's be perfect for Rita!" and now that I think of it, she'd still be a good Tonks.

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited baileycat ]
Old 04-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
<STRONG>So what do you think of Rosamund Pike, she of Die Another Day fame, being rumoured to have the part of Rita Skeeter?</STRONG>
What??? I mean - I like Rosamund Pike but she is 25 or something. She's way to young!!! Isn't Rita Skeeter supposed to be 43? I could imagine her playing Fleur though. She's pretty pretty [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited Caradeangel ]

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat:
<STRONG>Yeah she's very pretty. Although I pictured someone a little less supermodelish, but whatever.

Actually, when the false rumour about Kate Winslet was bouncing around for the part of Fleur. My immediate response was "Nuh uh she's be perfect for Rita!" and now that I think of it, she'd still be a good Tonks.

[ 04-12-2004: Message edited baileycat ]</STRONG>
I agree. She looks to pretty. Rita Skeeter is just... different. She also is suppossed to have large, mannish hands [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

GOF Movie November 18th, 2005?

Release Date: November 18th, 2005 (wide)

Release Date Notes: (3/23/03) Warner Bros. has made no official annoucements yet about a year of release, but because the films are being made quickly while the kids are still kids, 2005 seems the most likely target. The third film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is scheduled for release in June, 2004. (7/5/03) In conjunction with the media hype for the fifth book, a Warner Bros. spokesperson recently announced that the target release for this movie is November, 2005. (4/11/04) Specifically, WB is aiming for November 18th, the Friday before Thanksgiving, which currently puts them up against James Bond 21. The two movies appeal to different audiences, so I think they might actually both stick to this date.

Yahoo!Movies

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited bency ]
Old 04-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Addicted Fan

The IMDB also states November 18th as the release date for GoF. Only in the UK though, for USA, France and Japan it just says "November" as release date. And for all the other countries, there is no date set yet.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Supreme Fan

HarryandHermionerocks1 thanx for the link to the pictures

I still think about this stuff of the Dursleys beign cut, and it bothers me to think that all this happens because certain people ( [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] ) don't want to make a longer movie, what's wrong with 3 hours???? if they did 3 hours (and I bet all the fans would love that) there would be place for the Dursleys and other scenes

Quote:
Only in the UK though, for USA, France and Japan it just says "November" as release date. And for all the other countries, there is no date set yet.
well, in Spain the movies always come a month later than in UK, so if it's November in UK, we'll prolly see it on December
Old 04-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -:
<STRONG>
I still think about this stuff of the Dursleys beign cut, and it bothers me to think that all this happens because certain people ( [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] ) don't want to make a longer movie, what's wrong with 3 hours???? if they did 3 hours (and I bet all the fans would love that) there would be place for the Dursleys and other scenes
</STRONG>
I think it will be 3 hours even with no Dursleys. CoS was 3 hours, and GoF is about twice as long, book-wise.

So are they definitely sticking with the same kids? I know they were originallysigned on for only 3 movies. I hear Tom Felton is 16 now, which means he'd probably be 17 when they're filming, trying to play a 14-year-old. That just wouldn't fly.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sure it would. You see 20 somethings play teenagers all the time on TV. I don't think their ages will be a problem. And recasting would be such a headache. Plus girls dig Tom. Can't see anyone else playing Malfoy or any of the main cast for that matter IMO.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

I don't really have a problem if they look older than their parts. But I WOULD have it if they got changed. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited Sharon86 ]

Old 04-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharon86:
<STRONG>I really don't have a problem if they look older than their parts. But I WOULD get angry if they recasted them. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!

===================================================================
This is the end of this thread, kindly proceed to the next one:
HP News Thread #2
click THIS to instantly be transported to the first post of the next thread

See you all there,
~Sade

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited Marauder's Child ]