Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

EXACTLY, there is no need for this - I wish I could read books 6 and 7 now. I´ll buy them as soon as possible. The premiere of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will be on June 10th in my country, I can´t wait, too!

[img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
HP
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Where are you from, Linda? (If I may ask [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Caradeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

You may, of course! I live in Europe, Czech Republic. And you? Thanks for posting the picture, I know it and like it, particularly Hermine looks good!

[img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm from Germany .
I live in Berlin now but I grew up in Görlitz which is only about 40 minutes away from the Czech border (Liberec) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

There are a couple more pics of the movie floating around. But I didn't really have time to look for a better one ;o) But I also LOVE this one

Old 03-15-2004, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Lily is EVIL!

That is all.

*scurries off*

*scurries back*

I don't know who said it, but the one who said that Ron did a lot of foreshadowing? Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but remember what Ron saw in the Mirror of Erised? Head Boy, Quidditch cup, Quidditch captain.

Head Boy - Most people believe that you have to have been a Prefect if you're to be Head Boy/Girl.

Quidditch Cup - While Ron didn't play as well this past year, who knows what could happen.

Quidditch Captain - Ron is a GREAT stratigist. He would run a Quidditch team wonderfully.

*gets her hopes up for Ron*

Voldie and Bellatrix had a little somethin-somethin going on on the side. I mean, think about it. He called her BELLA. 0_0

Which leads me to this: Bellatrix was a Hufflepuff.

Hear me out.

What is the number one quality of Hufflepuffs? LOYALTY. Bellatrix firmly believes she is Voldie's most faithful servant, and it seems to be so. While most of the other Death Eaters were after power, it appears that Bellatrix seems more devoted to Voldie and his cause rather than gaining power.

Of course, there is this:

Quote:
Excerpt from HP:GOF; chapter 27

"Snape knew more curses when he arrived at school than half the kids in seventh year, and he was part of a gang of Slyterins who nearly all turned out to be Death Eaters."

Sirius held up his fingers and began ticking off names.

"Rosier and Wilkes -- they were both killed by Aurors the year before Voldemort fell. The Lestranges -- they're a married couple -- they're in Azkaban...
Now, you can read that as they were both Slytherin OR you can look at that as one was in Slytherin, because odds are, you don't get put into Slytherin at 11 and be married. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, that's all my theories right now. I must leeeeeave.
Maresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EdwardNortonGal:
<STRONG>Head Boy - Most people believe that you have to have been a Prefect if you're to be Head Boy/Girl.</STRONG>
Did you read TOotP yet? If not, I don't want to spoil it for you, but Ron actually IS a Prefect [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Caradeangel:

<STRONG>I'm from Germany .
I live in Berlin now but I grew up in Görlitz which is only about 40 minutes away from the Czech border (Liberec) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Great! We´ll see later on icq, I hope... [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Quote:

<STRONG>Lily is EVIL!

That is all.

</STRONG>

Why do you think?

Quote:

<STRONG>

I don't know who said it, but the one who said that Ron did a lot of foreshadowing? Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but remember what Ron saw in the Mirror of Erised? Head Boy, Quidditch cup, Quidditch captain.

*gets her hopes up for Ron*

</STRONG>
I remember what Ron saw in the Mirror of Erised, I must think of it very often but you can´t expect anything because Rowling´s ends are mostly very surprising... gah!

Quote:

<STRONG>

Voldie and Bellatrix had a little somethin-somethin going on on the side. I mean, think about it. He called her BELLA. 0_0

Which leads me to this: Bellatrix was a Hufflepuff.

Hear me out.

What is the number one quality of Hufflepuffs? LOYALTY. Bellatrix firmly believes she is Voldie's most faithful servant, and it seems to be so. While most of the other Death Eaters were after power, it appears that Bellatrix seems more devoted to Voldie and his cause rather than gaining power.

Of course, there is this:

Now, you can read that as they were both Slytherin OR you can look at that as one was in Slytherin, because odds are, you don't get put into Slytherin at 11 and be married. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

</STRONG>

I´m not certain of Bellatrix. I supposed she was in Slytherin but she could be in Hufflepuff. It doesn't matter because she is Death Eater...
Old 03-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Caradeangel:
<STRONG>
Did you read TOotP yet? If not, I don't want to spoil it for you, but Ron actually IS a Prefect

</STRONG>
That's what I was getting at. How many of us actually believed he would be a Prefect? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, I think that is some foreshadowing. And I know Ron was a bit blah at Quidditch this year, I think he could end up captain and possibly win the Cup.

And yes, Bellatrix is a Death Eater, but I can't be the only person completely fascinated with her.
Maresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Extreme Fan

OHMIGOSH! Thanks soooo much for posting the interview with JK Rowling. She was quite nice the way she answered the questions, don't you think? I can't wait for the next book. I wonder what's it about. . . .

Sean loves Emma
Eman[n]: Faith - Cuz I got it!
LilDegrassiPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

That's what I was getting at. How many of us actually believed he would be a Prefect? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, I think that is some foreshadowing. And I know Ron was a bit blah at Quidditch this year, I think he could end up captain and possibly win the Cup.

And yes, Bellatrix is a Death Eater, but I can't be the only person completely fascinated with her.</STRONG>
I know what you mean about Ron. Also, even though he was crap at Quidditch at first, he had ha big part in winning the Quidditch Cup in TOotP. I believe he just needed the confidence that he can play Quidditch just as well as his brother. And that confidence he gained during that last match. I am sure we're gonna see Ron as an awsome Quidditch player [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

And... what about Harry? Umbridge won´t be in Hogwarts next year and he can play Quidditch again. Perhaps they will set new records together! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I luv Harry Potter. He's great and I luv the writing

Sean loves Emma
Eman[n]: Faith - Cuz I got it!
LilDegrassiPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Me too! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] What about HP do you like the best, LilDegrassiPrince?
Old 03-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I had a little time and found other Harry-Potter-names origins... I think these are fabulous!

Hermione Granger

Hermione means well born or stone. It´s feminine version of Hermes (the Greek messenger). In Greek Mythology, she was the daughter of Helen of Troy and King Menelaus of Sparta. Hermione is also a character in Shakespeare's A Winter's Tale. Hermione is my favourite character, I´m bounded to Sidekickerliciousness! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gilderoy Lockhart

Gilderoy was a highwayman known for being handsome. The name may also come from the word "gilded," which is defined as having a pleasing, showy appearance, which covers something of little worth. The name "Roy" is old Old French for "regal one" or king.

Argus Filch

Argus was a monster that had a hundred eyes and was ever-so-watchful, in Greek mythology.

Filch means "to steal".

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~~Alex~~~:
<STRONG>Interesting Thread! I know the meaning of the name Argus Filch. To "filch" means to steal in a nasty way, and in Greek Mythology "Argus" was a monster with eyes all over his head. This is significant since Filch seems to know and see everything that happens at Hogwarts.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>

Lily Potter

Lily means "pure".

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited Linda Claudia Behr ]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited Linda Claudia Behr ]
Old 03-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I found in a dictionary about names another meaning for Hermione...

It cames from Harmony and means help and concert. She was Mars and Venus daugther and she wore a necklace vith a curse.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] by the way I'm new here...

estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top