Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Here we go again:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kilikena Miki:
<STRONG>Okay, jus to be clear I will quote from the WWP Guide to HP...page 346
ON JAMES COMING OUT OF THE WAND&gt;
"Harry then sees his father and mother spill out of the end of the wand. His father says to him, 'your mother's coming...she wants to see you...' Many discussions have taken place about the apparent wand order "error" in which Harry's father comes out first and announces that his mother is following. WWP was never bothered by that at all because, if we accept the already strange concept that these shadows knew of each other and were able to communicate between themselves BEFORE they both emerged from the wand, we figured it was easily possible for them to switch places INTENTIONALLY before coming out. If Harry's father can say, "Your mother's coming...," then he can also have come out first of his own accord. WHY IS THAT ALL HE SAYS TO HARRY, ANYWAY? THAT IS, ITSELF, A CLUE! Nothetheless, it was changed in later editions. Therefore, if you are readinga newer edition, it is Harry's mother who comes out first- then his father, who whispers in his ear and tells him about the Portkey. So, is this writer's license, a legitmate capability of these shadows, or unanswered mysteries?"
</STRONG>
For all I know (that means heard), they changed who came first because of the order of death because of the spell that shows your latest spells (like the one they put on harryīs wand to see if it was that wand that had set the dark ark at the quidditch cup).

Quote:
PLUS&gt; If I am correct and James is in Remus' body, then Remus was in James' body when he died. So who we see coming out of the wand is actually Remus in James' body.
Considering people are made of a phisical body and a spirit, it would be Remusī spirit in James body if they actually had changed before Voldie coming. If Voldie killed the phisical body (Jamesī) then we would have Remusī spirit coming out of the wand.

Quote:
That would explain the "your mother's coming" instead of a "Hey son how you doing?"
Why would somebody say "how are you doing" in a time like that? Makes it look like a walk in the park!

Quote:
On Gringotts&gt; What do you mean "nothing points to it?" There is a reason JKR put in all of those Goblin rebelions.
Or not. Not exavtly everything has to have a secret meaning. Look at the *** at the end of the comments.

Quote:
St. Mungos&gt; If say a corrupt MoM, under orders from his Voldie-loving patron (MALFOY), was keeping certain people from being healed to conceal secrets, I would say that is a plausible theory.
Iīll keep a neutral point in this.

Quote:
Notice in Chap 27 of book 4. A news article says That Crouch has not been seen by anyone lately, and St. Mungos declined to comment. Why would it decline to comment? The only reason would be to cover up or protect info. If Crouch wasn't a patient thats all they had to say, does that mean they had seen Crouch? Not a very trust worthy institution.
Surely something that still has to be explained.

Quote:
About Memory Charms and Gilderoy&gt; In Chapter 1 of book 4 Voldie says, "Memory Charms can be broken by a powerful wizard..." Surely at a Wizarding hospital there are wizards powerful enough to break thru to our drea sweet demented-ex-proffessor.
In the specific case of Gilderoy I have to agree with you. Memory charms are rather easy to be broken.

Quote:
Rita&gt; Maybe she is a metamorphagus. A man-metamorphagus.
Have we seen any methamorphagus in HP yet?

Iīm usually the kind of person that doesnīt speculate much. I like to wait and see.

I have to make clear that I think those are very interesting theories in deed and it would be really wonderful to have them explained and showed for a good reason in the story. Iīm just trying, with this discussion to see how much we can clear up the speculations.

**** Those speculation things always remind me of an interview with a very known poet from here about one of his pieces.

It started with "there was a rock in the middle of the way / In the middle of the way there was a rock"

If you had any idea how many theories about what that meant youīd be amased.
And then, one day, obviously somebody went to the author and asked about one of the biggest misteries of Brazilian poetry and he said~"I just saw a rock on the floor and wanted to talk about it! Thatīs all"

[ 02-05-2004: Message edited Sallyna ]
Sallyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I understand not believing a theory because it is just a theory. However why disagree so adamently about something that is plausible?

First of all....Tonks was a metamorphagus!

But what about Malfoy being a patron to the MoM do you disagree with? It has been said several times that he has given "generous contributions" to not only the Ministry but to St. Mungos. Why is it so hard to believe that he may be keeping them under his thumb?

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)
Kilikena Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I understand not believing a theory because it is just a theory. However why disagree so adamently about something that is plausible?

First of all....Tonks was a metamorphagus!

But what about Malfoy being a patron to the MoM do you disagree with? It has been said several times that he has given "generous contributions" to not only the Ministry but to St. Mungos. Why is it so hard to believe that he may be keeping them under his thumb?</STRONG>
First, Iīve already agreed before that I Lucius has the MoM under his control. But I try not to be too radical because itīs like saing everybody there is corrupted and we have to remember that Arthur is a employee there too and heīs not corrupted.

Now explaining...

Sweety... things donīt work that easy for me. Iīm the weird one here. You see, if I start agreeing with the theories Iīll start believing in them and then my head will get all messed up when I start reading the books again.

Usually it happens to me after reading too many fanfics. I start confusing cannon and fannon. Itīs a personal problem, mine!

Understand that not agreeing, in my case, does not mean disagreeing. I just like to have thinks more clearly said because I have a fish-tankīs memory. It takes me centuries to memorising something.

It took me 3 books to memorise who was who! Iīm the worse when it comes to names.

With that in mind added to the fact that Iīve read OotP in a very short period of time, including a marathon of 450 pages in one day to finish at once I give myself the right to forget things about anyone, even more Tonks that is a new character.
Thatīs why I asked about the metamorphagus. Itīs because the word and Tonks donīt link in my mind, at all!

I still think itīs more plausible to have a woman playing Rita then a man. And if it really sonds like somebody in a wig, it doesnīt sound like a metamorphagus.

If Lucius is really controling St. Mungoīs (yes, it is possible) why did Mr. Wesley got out of there so fast?

Letīs just speculate over speculation!
Sallyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I just wanted to know why you didn't agree because even if I might not have explained these theories clearly, they are perfectly clear to me.

These are just speculations but I think that they are completely possible.

I meant the Lucious had the MINISTER of magic hunder his thumb, not the whole ministry. I know that not everyone can be manipulated because of people like Arthur, Kingsley, Fletcher and others (more specificly the Order).

I too have trouble with the line between Canon and fanfic. However, I have a memory like a sponge But I like to speculate till my bum is sore. Even if my specs are completely wrong, I will take them God's holy truth until I am proven wrong.

I still believe that if you actually go back and read the books it will help to only prove my theories.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Something else about the James in Lupin's body thing- If Lupin were really James, then in the 4th book while in the shrieking shack with sirius, they are discussing who's the spy and the whole switcheroo of the secret keeper. Lupin has no clue that Sirius and Peter switched until this point in the book. James would have known about the switch.

Of course, he could be faking. All of the points listed were very good. Made me think. Which is bad, cuz then I get confused when actually reading the books but thats ok.

-Audrey Hepburn
Celebrian Saralonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
1. The name Remus come from the legend of Romulus and Remus...Remus was killed by his bro or his bro's follower (Pettigrew?)
This is true, but has nothing to do with the thoery. Peter and Remus can still kill one another without James being Peter.

A major flaw in that theory is: if James trusted Remus enough to do that spell, why not make him the Secret Keeper? Sirius was James' best friend and Dumbledore was also trusted by James. If Dumbledore suggested the Secret Keeper thing, and Dumbledore is very trustworthy, why would James go against that? And not even tell anyone, when there's a war going on, and he knows there's a spy somewhere, that it could be Remus, and it's all very dangerous?

Quote:
Remus is the only person we never witness staring at Harry's scar or commenting on how he looks like James. He addresses Harry by name as if he is already familar with him.
Remus does comment on how Harry looks like James, doesn't hhe? In OOTP, Kingsley says something like "you were right, Remus- he looks exactly like James".
In PoA, he didn't do this to Harry because Harry didn't know Remus and James were school friends.

As for Luna and Ron being together when they were younger- Ron didn't really seem to know Luna.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I have thought about that. Maybe James and Remus switched bodies before Sirius could tell that they switched as Secret Keeper. He could also be acting to keep his identity secret. However, I really have no idea. The whole mystery of HP revolves around why James Potter and all future Potters were indanger from Voldie. James' need for extra protection is at the heart of the mystery. And as for Dumbly being trusted, sure he was. But they didn't always tell him everything now did they? He didn't find out till recently that they were Animagis. So, they probably wouldn't have told him about this.

Yes, but if you read what I said, I commented that we never witness him saying that directly. And it doesn't matter if Harry didn't know they were friends in school, if he knew what James looked like he could comment on it.

Ron and Luna may not have been sweethearts when they were younger but there is deffinently some important connection there. Notice how familiar Luna is with Ron and how quickly she stares dreamily at him, there is some familiarity there. Maybe she was Ginny's friend and he was too busy playing with the twins to remember her.

Sorry to sound bratty but if you guys want to continue to nay-say my theories please back it up with as much proof as I have in support.

[ 02-07-2004: Message edited Kilikena Miki ]

Old 02-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
James is alive (PM me for details)

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited Kilikena Miki ]</STRONG>
Whoa, that just made so much sence when you said that!

I mean they talk about Lily dieing to save Harry, but they never actually said James died in the progress.

Theory: When James let Lily go and run with Harry, he fought against voldemort, but then thought and animal would do better so he changed into his amnigus(sp?) form of a stag. He tried to fight Voldemort with his stag antlers but got injured, Voldemort assumed he was dead. When James was consious again. He lost his memory and now is a muggle in the streets of london, in a future story to be found by Hermione!

Kris, no matter how much I love Remy and James, thats just no. I don't see it. that wouldn't work I mean think about Sirius he would be able to tell if Remus was suddenly acting like James and vice versa.

Sirius is NOT Dead

I was attacken back when i saw NOONE mentioned this. Okay it says he went into the arch. The arch has a drape, he went throught there.

Some my theory is that. He faked his death. He waited until everyone left and contacted Dumbledore. Why was Dumbledore so calm about Sirius being DEAD! So I think Sirius is hiding in the arch, with help from Dumbledore.

Switching isn't possible because Harry looks like James. And You said Lily did the switch thing in hogwarts therefore, it's not logical.
~*Jessie Flower*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Jessie Flower*~:
<STRONG>
Sirius is NOT Dead
</STRONG>
I very much like this theory. And I've often thought something of the same because there's a reason for that veil. Something that I think though it why would Sirius fake his death? HE does'nt seem like the type to do that just so he could stop dueling Bellatrix.

Also, I'm not sure what this has to do wth anything but has anyone noticed the conversation between Bellatrix and Voldemort after she kills Sirius and chases Harry up the ministry to Voldemort. I'll go find the conversation now.

Got it.

Quote:
"Master I am sorry. I knew not I was fighting the Animagus Black!" sobbed Bellatrix, flinging herself down at Voldemort's feet as he paced slowly nearer. "MAster- you should know-"
"Be quiet Bella," said Voldemort dangerously, "I shall deal with you ina moment. Do you think I have entered the ministry of magic to hear your sniveling apologies?"
"But master- he is here- he is below"
(pg 812 v.US)
So, basically, the fact that he is an animagus must be important for some reason and also, how does she know? Peter might have told or soemthing because supposedly nobody knows but Harry Ron Hermione, and Dumbledore. Plus James, Remus and Peter. This has bothered me for a while so make of it what you will.

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited Celebriän Sáralondë ]

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmm, that is strange. But i think he would fake his death just to attck in the final fight. Like a secret weapon. Or he could have been knocked unconscious, and when he awoke, my theory all over again.
~*Jessie Flower*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Supreme Fan

ok..something I found kinda interesting..and I think someone made a comment about it earlier...
I bought the paperback (newer) version of GoF and in that book, Harry's mother comes out before his father. Later, i read the hard cover of GoF and in that one, his father comes out before Lily.
This was a correction. The newer versions of GoF have lily come out first b/c that follows with priori incantatum..they come out in reverse order..so the first copies of GoF were wrong.
as far as james being remus...hm...I guess I don't really buy it..some of the "proof" given doens't really seem like proof...

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Jessie Flower*~:
<STRONG>Or he could have been knocked unconscious, and when he awoke, my theory all over again.</STRONG>
I read a fanfic about that once. Its very possible, actually. We never hear Bellatrix shout the killing curse and there's no mention of green light. What other curse kills? none that we know of. So he could have just been knocked over, maybe hit his head and Bellatrix coulda thought he'd died. Or maybe she knows he's alive and has some evil plan for him... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] maybe not that..

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by W:
<STRONG>James is dead, I'm positive. Although I admit that this certainty comes more from literary reasons than actual proof in the books.

Besides, I have this theory that the order in which the Marauders are first introduced, namely...
1.Moony 2.Wormtail 3.Padfoot 4.Prongs
is the order in which they will [have] die[d], backwards. Until now, I'm right, and I refuse to believe Peter will be the last Marauder standing, that's just wrong [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That is certainly very interesting..hm...I hadn't ever thought about that before. And we all JKR has a habit of making seemingly little details into major storylines.
I definitely agree about the Peter being the last marauder..that is just wrong.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think anybody being the last marauder is just wrong! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but since someone's gotta die last, i hope its remus. Ur right, Peter as the last marauder is just wrong.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Agree!

[img]smilies/group_hug.gif[/img]
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top