Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Moderator Manager

I'll get back to you once I'm done. I'm excited.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

There's another one that was finished recently, but I still have older fics on my to-read list. I don't like reading fanfics in progress, in case the author ever abandons it or takes a few years to update. I can't be bothered to keep going back to the beginning every time there's a sparse update.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

True. Sometimes I'd rather read completed fics than unfinished ones because those are torture especially if I enjoy them.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, especially if they leave awesome cliffhangers. It's like "I don't want to wait until the next update! "
Old 03-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Moderator Manager

That's the worse of all, those blasted cliffhangers.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the fictions
Old 06-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Anyone have any HP or FBAWTFT fic recs?

Old 07-15-2017, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4627688/1/Mortification
Old 03-29-2018, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2213567...We-Gain-Ground
Old 03-30-2018, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good Friday, all! A one shot for your reading pleasure.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9526039/1/
Old 04-06-2018, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fanfic Friday!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9526039/1/
Old 04-27-2018, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/206998/...-Second-Chance

really enjoyed this one.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1220499...g-Snap-Rematch
Old 07-27-2018, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Adorable one-shot for Fanfic Friday
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12373019/1/Ginny-proposes
Old 08-10-2018, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Someday by cauldronfulloflove on tumblr

Quote:

The room was noisy, and memos zoomed to and fro over their heads. The clock on the far wall showed a hand that was inching ever slowly towards the seven. Several half-empty pizza boxes from a Muggle shop down the street were wafting smells from the conference room. Harry could hear Ron scratching away with his quill on the other side of the cubicle wall. Violet memos were jetting off at record speed from the cubicle across from him. He could hear Robard’s booming orders from the office in the corner.

He stared back down at the pile of papers on his desk and sighed. Several hours of paperwork separated him from the door. Incident reports to write, patrol logs to update, witness accounts to review. There was no chance of making the match at this point, and he had resigned himself to another late night. At least he had told Ginny beforehand the odds were slim to none, so she wouldn’t be expecting to see him at the match. He jabbed his wand at the wireless, and the knobs whirred and spun until the needle hit 79.3. A man’s voice crackled through the speakers, announcing the Harpies/Wasps match was set to begin after a few short words from the sponsors. A catchy jingle for Drooble’s Best Chewing Gum hummed through the air.

Ron popped his head over the cubicle wall.

“Match start yet?”

“In a mo’…toss off is at 10 ‘til.” Ron’s head disappeared. A few more scratches of the quill, the sound of shuffling papers, and the squeak of a chair was followed by Ron’s appearance around the corner.

“Blimey, this is never ending. We should have been warned. We signed up to help catch bloody Death Eaters, not write ourselves into our graves. I’m no closer to finishing than I was an hour ago.” Ron looked gloomily at the clock. “And think, we could be out at the pitch enjoying the nice weather from the box office seats…drinking firewhisky and watching Ginny single-handedly slaughter each of the Wasps.”

It was Ginny’s first start, having only been bumped up on the roster after a teammate suffered a concussion from a cracked skull during the previous day’s practice.

Harry grimaced as he thought about Robard’s reaction if he showed up tomorrow without the finished write-up from the Ballycastle incident. Robards ran a tight ship, and had very strict expectations on deadlines and what happened to those who didn’t meet them. Harry was positive the full week of night shifts he would likely be assigned as standard retribution for unfinished work would make Ginny more miserable than him missing this game.

“Not worth it,” he said.

Ron scowled. “Well, I can’t leave this place soon enough. It was good experience, I’ll give you that, but I don’t think the thrill makes up for the mountains of paperwork we have to put up with afterwards. A few more weeks and I think I’ll have finally convinced George to take me on as a partner…” Ron trailed off.

He’d been talking about it for a few months now, but Harry still felt a little betrayed whenever the topic came up. He tried not to take it personally, but after nine years of Ron having his back, it was difficult to imagine not working with Ron. Not seeing him every day. Not having a friend to joke around with whenever the paperwork became too dull. Not hearing him complain about his job every five minutes…on second thought, he could live without that one.

“Hermione reckons I’m better suited to help George, anyway,” Ron added. “But I think she just wants me out of the Ministry so she doesn’t have to wait around for me to leave with her in the mornings.” He grinned and Harry laughed.

“Still though…it’s a bit of a risk taking up with George,” Ron continued. “It’s not like I could ever replace…well, my ideas aren’t half as good as Fred’s were, anyway.” He frowned.

“You were the one who gave George the idea for the ink-repellant quills.” Harry reminded him. “And those turned out to be a bestseller. George said it himself, he needs someone reliable to run the shop so he can focus on expanding the business.”

“Yeah,” Ron said more cheerfully.

The announcer on the radio began to enthusiastically endorse the Comet Broom Company, gold sponsor of this night’s game.

“I wouldn’t say no to better working hours,” Harry admitted. “I hardly see Ginny anymore, even when the team’s in town. When was the last time we even made it home before supper?”

Ron snorted at the thought. “Try…never?”

“Not exactly conducive for a happy family life,” Harry sighed, scribbling his signature at the bottom of a piece of parchment before casually adding the sheet to the messy stack in his outbox. The outbox groaned in response. He started working his way through the next sheet in front of him, quickly scrawling notes along the empty lines of the form.

“Er- so you two have talked about that stuff?” Ron started, turning a light pink and looking down at a quill he was twirling between his fingers.

“Talked about what?”

“You know…the future. Family. Marriage and stuff.” Ron was getting redder by the second. There was a measured pause before Harry answered. Normally they avoided conversation having anything to do with this subject. Although Ron admittedly had finally come to terms with Harry’s relationship with his sister, he made it clear the less he knew the better.

“Er…Well, yeah. Yeah, it’s come up.” Harry admitted, inadvertently drawing his gaze to his top right desk drawer, where he had stashed a certain velvet ring box a few months back.

Ron fell silent, his face scrunched in thought.

“I mean, no time soon,” Harry hurried to add, looking back at the self-inking quill in his hand. “We reckon it’ll be a few years, Ginny wants to finish a few seasons first.”

Ron grunted, but didn’t say anything more. They listened quietly to an advert for the new Cleansweep 5000, guaranteed to match half the speed of a Firebolt for less than half the price. Harry aimed a questioning look at Ron.

“Well, it’s only we haven’t discussed it at all,” Ron confessed, still looking down at the quill. Harry thought about this as he read down the parchment with his finger. It wasn’t strange, really. It was true that he and Ginny had spent quite a bit of time fervently talking about the future together, mostly while procrastinating over a pile of work or chores. From the day they got back together they had both felt confident about where they were headed, which, he reminded himself, probably wasn’t normal. Normal people took time to decide on things like love and marriage.

Even so, he felt that Ron had nothing to worry about. He highly doubted Hermione had any other sort of future planned out. Despite her initial uneasiness around babies, even Harry had noticed how fondly she hovered over the little ones at family gatherings, occasionally smiling at Ron from across the room. Harry was starting to become uncomfortably familiar with the “someday” look. Ginny would get the same distant gleam in her eyes as she bounced Teddy on her knee or rocked Victoire in her arms.

“I wouldn’t worry about it, mate,” Harry said firmly. “She’s said it for years now, she wants to focus on her career first. Freeing house elves and-er- increasing centaur representation. You know better than me how much she fancies a family. And really, you knew what you were getting into when you two started this,” he added with a note of finality, unwilling to go deeper into the conversation.

Embarrassed, Ron nodded slowly. “Yeah…yeah, I know.”

“Just bring it up if it bothers you that much. Women love talking about those things. She’s probably just waiting for you to bring it up.”

Ron sputtered something about “doesn’t bother” and “no pressure.” Harry refrained from rolling his eyes as he glanced back down at the report he was working on. That was one of the many things he appreciated about his relationship with Ginny – he could rely on Ginny telling him when something was bothering her. Ginny would be hard-pressed to keep her feelings about anything a secret.

They both turned their attention to the radio, which had finally started the live broadcast of the match. Both of them grinned when they heard the announcer shout off “Weasley” in the string of starting players. Ron flung himself into a spare chair, kicking his legs up onto desk as they settled in to listen to the game. If they were lucky, they’d get enough paperwork done during breaks in the programming to make it home before midnight…
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top