Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Moderator Manager

With Lupin's teaching skills, I definitely agree that I like him. I'd probably pay more attention to him than say having Snape as my teacher.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:57 AM
Total Fan

Is "Who would you cast in a Marauders movie?" a question we can add to the list? Or is that discussion better suited to a different thread?
Old 07-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylvan (View Post)
Is "Who would you cast in a Marauders movie?" a question we can add to the list? Or is that discussion better suited to a different thread?
I'll add that in the OP. And we can discuss it for next week? Unless you all want to answer some of the questions in the OP before we proceed?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fine by me
Old 07-11-2016, 02:09 PM
Loyal Fan

"Why did Dumbledore trust Snape?"

Snape made several sacrifices, which cost him his life in the end. Dumbledore always knew he was a good man for the light side. He knew the love Snape had for Lily was real and Dumbledore knew Snape would never admit it, but he loved Harry as well. That is pretty evident in his final moments, willing to relinquish memories to Harry about him, him and Lily, and just exactly where stood on the two sides between the Light and Dark.

I think Alan Rickman just made it even more believable, and especially so when you go backwards after seeing the scene where Snape died and Harry saw the memories he was given.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, it all made sense in the end for Snape. Early on in the books/movies, it was pretty vague but given that Snape & Dumbledore knew each other since Snape was a student in Hogwarts, the trust is definitely established. Snape wasn't an evil person, he's not going around killing people for the sake of it. He was a Hogwarts teacher and to some extent, Dumbledore trusts his teachers.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree on Alan, Jenna. He did it so well!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Moderator Manager

I'll start our new discussion this weekend. I already have an answer for it.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Great, can't wait to see what the new discussion will be on!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Moderator Manager

It's already in the OP but I'll need to update the thread title this weekend when I get more online time.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I have really no idea what I would answer
Old 07-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Changed the thread title to our current new discussion. I need to think about this but I have to say off the top of my head: Ben Barnes as Sirius, Andrew Garfield as Remus and AaronTaylor-Johnson as James (thanks to Tumblr, haha!). Still thinking for Peter. Lily would be Karen Gillan.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Total Fan

Didn't realize the new discussion started, sorry!

Aaron Taylor-Johnson would probably do a great job. Same for Karen Gillan, Nebula was so different from Amy Pond and legitimately intimidated me. Andrew Garfield I've only really seen in Spider-Man, but apparently he does a lot of theatre and even won some awards for it, so he'd probably do Lupin justice. Ben Barnes I'm only familiar with from Narnia though, so can't form much of an opinion on him.

Lily Evans - Rose Leslie
James Potter - Iwan Rheon (Misfits showed he can play compassionate older James, Game of Thrones showed he can do douchebag younger James)
Severus Snape - Kit Harington (He knows how to brood, and has experience playing a character picked on by Rheon and in love with Leslie)
Sirius Black - Dominic Cooper (A little older than the others, but he's such an amazing actor)
Remus Lupin - Arthur Darvill
Frank Longbottom - Richard Armitage
Alice Longbottom - Gemma Whelan (A bit younger, but GoT proves she can play badass Auror Alice, and she seems so lovely IRL I'm sure she can do loving mother Alice)
Fabian & Gideon Prewett (if they're not twins) - Toby Stephens & Damian Lewis
Fabian & Gideon Prewett (if they are twins) - Luke & Harry Treadaway
Molly Weasley - Kelly Reilly
Arthur Weasley - Kevin McKidd
Mad-Eye Moody - Graham McTavish
Minerva McGonagall - Michelle Gomez (Can do the strict takes no ****s headmistress type, but is also a fountain of humour and warmth)
Albus Dumbledore - Charles Dance (Has shown he has the gravitas to play 'serious' Dumbledore, but also the sense of humour to portray 'whimsical' Dumblydore)
Lord Voldemort - Benedict Cumberbatch
Antonin Dolohov - Peter Stormare
Bellatrix Lestrange - Eva Green (Oh, she can do the crazy)
Rodolphus & Rabastan Lestrange - Michael Fassbender & James McAvoy (This one's more for fanservicey fun, letting magnificent actors play deliciously psychopathic villains/brothers, and Fassbender just has such an evil smile)
Lucius Malfoy - Tom Hiddleston
Fenrir Greyback - Andy Serkis (The man is a beast, he can be very intimidating, has experience studying animal behaviour, is the best choice for motion capture, and even looks like a werewolf without make-up)
Regulus Black - Harry Lloyd
Igor Karkaroff - Oscar Isaac
Barty Crouch, Jr. - Asa Butterfield
Bartemius Crouch, Sr. - Timothy Dalton (Has shown in many roles he has the kind of intensity and gravitas needed to play a man who exhibits the same ruthlessness and brutality against Death Eaters as some of them do against their victims, his character on Penny Dreadful practically screams Barty Crouch, Sr. to me)

Last edited by Mori; 07-20-2016 at 12:56 PM
Old 07-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow, I like your cast list. Very well thought of. And most of them are British. Some of them I don't know like Kelly Reilly, Oscar Isaac & Asa Butterfield.

I'm kind of thinking Harry Lloyd as Peter Pettigrew for me.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I only recognized Kevin McKidd and Benedict Cumberbatch from that list.

A Marauders movie... That really depends, in my opinion.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top