Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Which Harry Potter Student Are You?

Quote:
You are Hermione Granger! Intelligent, fair, and compassionate. You are the glue that typically holds everything together. You can see the logical side in anything and are always the person people turn to if they need help. You have a strong sense of right and wrong and sometimes that makes you unable to see a situation from somebody else's perspective. You are always prepared for anything and love your friends more than anything.
Some things never change. I've been getting Hermione on these quizzes since I was nine years old. In fifth grade, we had a "Harry Potter" group among my classmates, and I always was Hermione. (Though there was one girl in class who was also Hermione). We asked our teacher if we could put our Harry Potter names on our papers.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for that. I got Harry Potter.

Quote:
You are Harry Potter! Brave, adventurous, and righteous. You aren't afraid of responsibility or doing what needs to be done, especially if it serves the greater good. You don't like to rely on anybody but yourself. You always help those in need, even if it's somebody you dislike. All violent mood swings aside, you are a very good, honest person, just like the Chosen One.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My gosh been forever and I still HP; really should do a re-read again have read the books so many times
Old 02-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

I got Hermione.

Quote:
You are Hermione Granger! Intelligent, fair, and compassionate. You are the glue that typically holds everything together. You can see the logical side in anything and are always the person people turn to if they need help. You have a strong sense of right and wrong and sometimes that makes you unable to see a situation from somebody else's perspective. You are always prepared for anything and love your friends more than anything

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You are Harry Potter! Brave, adventurous, and righteous. You aren't afraid of responsibility or doing what needs to be done, especially if it serves the greater good. You don't like to rely on anybody but yourself. You always help those in need, even if it's somebody you dislike. All violent mood swings aside, you are a very good, honest person, just like the Chosen One.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Moderator Manager

You & I both got HP, Sarah. I wasn't expecting it tbh. I was expecting I'll get Ron, I see some of my traits in him.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Moderator Manager

for this. I know we have more than 10 but interesting list.

Quote:
10. Hedwig’s Death
I refuse to believe that I am the only person that was traumatized by the death of Harry’s beloved owl companion, Hedwig. In Deathly Hallows, she dies helplessly in her cage, which I believe to be an unfitting end for a character that showed strength and sass without a single word throughout the series. The movie depicted her death more heroically though I cannot exactly call that a comfort.

9. Winky the Alcoholic
Winky had an incredibly hard time accepting her freedom from House Elf life, which is understandable, not everyone bounces back from dramatic change so quickly. The WTF moment here was that a former House Elf actually became a raging alcoholic in the kitchens of Hogwarts. Perhaps this was an attempt to introduce the problem of alcoholism to the series, perhaps it was for comedic effect; either way, this is something I still wonder about.

8. Veela
The performance of the Veela at the Quidditch World Cup still has me saying WTF. Enchantingly beautiful half-humans with anger issues as cheerleaders for the Bulgarians…I really don’t know what else to say.

7. Peter Pettigrew as Scabbers
While I concede that Peter Pettigrew being disguised as Scabbers for over a decade is an incredibly important plot point, it is something that will always have me saying WTF. A grown man acting as a pet rat…he slept in Ron’s bed quite frequently. Just makes the skin crawl a little.

6. Draco as the owner of the Elder Wand
Something that should have been blatantly obvious after Draco disarmed but didn’t kill Dumbledore was his rightful possession of the Elder Wand. Of course, I (and I hope I am not alone) was wrapped around the idea that Snape killed Dumbledore, so the wand was his. The revelation at the end of Deathly Hallows that the Elder Wand was basically Harry’s once he stole Draco’s at Malfoy Manor was a big WTF moment for me. Well played, Jo.

5. Mad-Eye’s Demise
The assumed death of one of the strongest characters of the series is a huge WTF moment for me. Partly because the death is never truly confirmed – he was seen falling from his broom, but come on, he’s Mad-Eye! he could’ve survived, right?! – but also because Mad-Eye had the dull sense to trust Mundungus in the first place. Goes to show that even the strongest among us make mistakes, I suppose.

4. Dudley’s Attempt at Feelings
I remember reading the departure of the Dursleys from number four Privet Drive in Deathly Hallows and being in awe. Of all his family, I least expected Dudley to be the one to offer Harry an ounce of affection on his way into peril.

3. Voldemort’s Family Story
The heiress of Slytherin, a borderline Squibb, creates a love spell to enchant a muggle and conceives a child before he leaves her and she dies. WTF.

2. Snape the Great
The whole entire time, through mockery and detention and hundreds of points taken from Gryffindor…Snape was watching out for Harry more than anyone else. The greatest double-agent of all fiction as far as I’m concerned.

1. All was well
After seven years of hell and countless beloved characters lost, once Harry defeated Voldemort, all was well. No followers remained. No evil endured. One man was responsible for all the hate in the wizarding world, and a teenaged boy stopped him. Love conquers hate. It all just ended right there.
10 ‘WTF’ moments from the Harry Potter Series | MuggleNet

Old 01-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

There wasn't a general thread for the books, just each book, so I just wanted to say that I got the cool boxset that's shaped like a chest (even has a latch on it) and has all the hard cover books inside!! This was a great gift to myself to get back into the series properly! I'll be starting to read the first one this week!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

That's great, Matt (and expensive) but worth it especially if you are a HP fan.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

yeah, I bought it 3 months ago, but I think it was about 120 dollars. But you're right, so worth it. Of course, I have no spot for it so it's on my dining room table, haha (we don't eat there).
Old 01-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Moderator Manager

$120 is expensive but usually when it's stuff I like, money is no exception. I think that box set (with the latch) costs about $200 here.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:40 AM
New Fan

To visit Harry Potter Studio

Hey!

It is the great wish of my kids that in this summer we should visit Harry Potter Studio, I have to come from New York. Please guide me, how to reach from London railway station to studio?
Old 01-12-2016, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi elisagrace!

I moved your post here because it was the most relevant thread for your question. Hopefully someone has answers to your questions. If you googlmap it I'm sure that's good start though.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
$120 is expensive but usually when it's stuff I like, money is no exception. I think that box set (with the latch) costs about $200 here.
Dang, I got a good deal then. You're right...if it's something you want and something you like, money shouldn't be an issue (to a certain extent, at least)
Old 01-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Hey elisagrace! Welcome to the HP board. Sorry I'm not from London so I can't help you. Hopefully some of the other posters here can help out.

Matt, yes you got a good deal. Now you need to find time to re-read them all.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top