Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

I want to second the request for any scenes with Hermione and Malfoy in them.

go here and read all about it
~ Sade

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 06-02-2004 at 10:32 PM
Old 06-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Marauder's Child *
Oh, and *Sooz*, what can you say about Snape's comment to Lupin/Sirius?

*cackles*

~ Sade [/B]
I never understood the 'beauty' of the Remus/Sirius pairing. I don't think I 'got it.' I'm very close to understanding now after the shack scene...

Word cannot convey the sheer slashiness. It was ON FIRE!

Quote:
[B]
I think when they sais thet it was darker they don't mean that it was just that. Yes, it IS darker, the train compartment scene impressed my friend who has said time and time again that "the Harry Potter movies are [b]kiddie flicks who're just a wrong turn away from Barney's greatest adventures". BUt at the same time it's also funnier. :0 I actually think that I laughed more in this movie than in the previous 2, beacuse the funny bits have a habit of sneaking up to you when you least expect it!
I was expecting it to be darker than it was, because of all the reviews I read, some parts are darker, but I think it's also the funniest movie of the three.

The Dementor/Train scene was the scariest scene out of all three films IMHO. It was dripping with tension.

P.S. How many times has Ron stood on Hermione's foot? I'm sure he did in PS as well.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Sade - Wow. I can't wait. I didn't read your entire post though. Getting the movie tomorrow! Philippines will be getting PoA tomorrow (June 2).
Old 06-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by abby-anne
Philippines will be getting PoA tomorrow (June 2).
In Spain it will open june 18th

Thanx everybody for the reviews
Old 06-01-2004, 09:10 AM
ABG
Loyal Fan

How was the time-turner and whomping willow scenes? Sade, dahling, if you can search your memory and give me the blow-by-blow i would love you forever. I swear, I will.

go here and read all about it
~ Sade

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 06-02-2004 at 10:33 PM
Old 06-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Passionate Fan

***edited***

Please see the Official Fan Forum Rules # 2 and 3

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 06-01-2004 at 12:16 PM
Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I was just wondering if they had the scene where draco and co dresses up as dementors during the quidditch match and harry throws a patronus at them. I doubt they did but a girl can hope
Old 06-02-2004, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, me too Ashli I didn't remember that part, but now that you mention it...
Old 06-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Just saw this film and fell inlove with Gary Oldman. Wow, he really gave justice to the role. And David Thewlis IS Remus. They did such an amazing job. The WHOLE cast did wonderfully acting-wise. The movie scenery is beautiful. The movie is beautiful.

Ahhh SLASH ALERT for Remus/Sirius. It is soooo GOOD! I find it really sweet when Sirius stayed with Lupin during his transformation... ahhhh!

Draco turned from a nasty git into a scaredy prat around Hermione. What's up with that ? He really looks scared when Hermione gave him the wand. I love Draco...

And the twins! My goodness! Are they hott or what? And don't get me started with Ron and Harry!

I enjoyed the script, the movie is entertaining, funny, witty lines. So many shipper moments, especially for Harry and Hermione.

The scene that I love the most is the Shrieking Shack scene. When Harry met Sirius, and the camera shot from Sirius's boots, panned upwards, and the audience first had a glimpse of him, WOW WOW WOW! That is one of the greatest scenes I have ever seen. I don't know why but that scene still stucks to my mind till now. It's just the look on Gary's face - a vibe of someone who is intimidating and yet.... man I can't really put it into words. I was totally riveted by that.

Another scene that I love is when they are in the boy's dormitory. It is a simple shot but it captures so much... it's like you know the characters... it seems so real. Typical teenagers hanging out and having fun. It's beautiful.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

I just saw it today!

Okay. I wasn't as good as I expected but it was overall okay nonetheless. Especially the special effects, IMO. It was really weird though, at first, coz everyone are all so grown up...the part where Dumbledore said that no one would believe them (about Peter Pettigrew and Sirius) coz they're only 13. Btw- the new Dumbledore seems smaller somehow...less magical? I dunno. Maybe it's just me. And in this movie, I absolutely Ron. He's adorable. He's the one who got the laugh out of me.

*** edited to remove the Spoiler Tags. You could say all the spoilers you want here.
always open in the middle

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 06-02-2004 at 12:45 PM
Old 06-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait to see PoA.
Here in Uruguay it's opening on the 11th (and the tickets are already sold out for that day).
For sheer luck, I bought mine a week ago (smart girl).
Old 06-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ok, you guys say the end is a freeze frame of Harry's face? Do we see him at the train station with the Dursley's at all? Does he get his permission slip from Sirius for Hogsmeade??

Little questions I know, but I've always pictured Mr. Dursley's face as Harry was telling him about Sirius

Lisa
Old 06-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

*sigh* Why do I always have to be an active poster in the "controversial" threads?

Ok, so, I'm told that my previous analogy is somewhat too risque for some people's taste. Here's a new one, hope it's not too controversial anymore. And besides this is a true story, so I can't be accused of not knowing what I was talking about, because yes, this happened.

When I was little, I'm really really close to my grandmother, she would often tell me stories about her life when she was younger, or just the funny things that happened when my father and his siblings were growing up... no matter how many times she tells them, I just never get tired of hearing them. I know them by heart, and yet, when starts telling them, I always listen again and again.

Actually, whenever I'm at her old house, and I'll be playing the piano, or turning on the antique electric fan, I always end up smiling and remembering the story of the time that their house burned down. The thing is, my father (one of the youngest) single-handedly saved the piano, and my uncle (one of the oldest) only managed to save the electric fan. And the thing is, it's not even big, or expensive, and quite old already, so she always says, "Of all the things that he could've saved!" Now, like I said she has told this dozens of times, and whenever any of my aunts or uncles would hear it, they would say, well, Uncle Ooch (that's what I call him so deal! ) was busy looking for his kids at that time, or that, "hey! that electric fan was quite valuable too".
But grandmum would always insist that she already told him that the kids are with my other aunt, and while SHE was carrying out clothes and other valuables, my uncle just wandered around the house carrying nothing.

OK, now what does this have to do with the PoA movie review thread?
Nothing, really.

I'm just saying trying to prove that different people have different interpretations.
We have the facts: the house burned down and the only HUGE things saved were the piano & the electric fan.
But in my grandmother's retelling of HOW it happened, we get some other facts. We get told the small details of HOW it happened including some unrelated stuff.
Like, if you ask the question "What was saved?", you won't just get the answer, you will be told other things like "Oh, I was crocheting in the veranda at that time, when suddenly there were noise from the neighbors. At first I just ignored it, and kept on working on the pattern... Oh, I think it was that doily under that lamp. Well, anyway, it wasn't until the noise got so unbearable that I decided to get downstairs and ask your aunt what was happening. But they were already outside and...".

And although it completely deviates from what you wanted to know, you can't help but be amused by it. That somehow, those little pieces of trivia makes the retelling of the fire more real. It gives you a better appreciation for the actual items saved, because you KNOW how it happened, and the quirky story itself gave you the feeling that you were actually there.

Now, the question is: "Is my grandmother's version of what happened completely ACCURATE?"
Well, I guess not, because my aunts and uncles would always contradict some parts And when they tell their version of it, some parts are different. But that's just how it is, right?

Now, what am I trying to say here?
It's that people see things differently.
Some might see a certain aspect of it as trivial, but for another, it's of vital importance.

Each retelling of the story is DIFFERENT.
Because a retelling is that person's perspective of what happened. It's his version of telling you HOW it happened, and in his small way, trying to make you see it with his eyes.

Am I saying that Alfonso Cuaron is my grandmother?
Hell NO!
I'm just siting an example, an analogy, in the vain hope that you (the readers of this post) would understand what I'm trying to say.

The PoA movie is his vision of JKR's world and what happened to it in Harry's 3rd year.
He added some "extras" and not included some parts of the book.

Yes, some of your favorite parts of the book will be cut.
If the filmmakers included ALL the things that were said in the books, and followed Harry's every step, every train of thought, every class he took, every little thing that he noticed, we'd be in the theater half the day!

So I repeat, what I'm just trying to say here is to try to see the film a separate reality from the book.
The film is NOT the book.
And just try to appreciate it.
Do not reread the book BEFORE seeing the film and TRY to forget the chronological order of HOW it happened in the book.
Don't wait for a particular scene, a specific line,
Or you won't enjoy it.
If you want to see the book exactly as you read it onscreen, I strongly suggest you don't see the film.

That's all.

Oh, and...

Yes, the analogy I gave sounds trite and a bit childish doesn't it? But I guess that's the price you have to pay for political correctness. *wry grin*

I was initially thinking of replacing my previous analogy with a story about the war.
(But this time it's a true story as well, not just a random example that came to my mind)
I thought about telling the story of how my grandparents hid my aunt (their eldest daughter) because they feared that the soldiers might get her and raped her. I was told this story personally by my grandmother, when she found out that we were discussing it in out History class. Now that fact was not found in History Books in elementary school. And in truth, I really didn't need to hear about it. But somehow, after knowing it, I had a better appreciation for the soldiers who fought FOR us.

But I won't get into that anymore and provide more detail because I fear that I might offend some people yet again.

BUT if I angered yet another poster, remember, please forward all flames to my PM, ok? [img]http://www.*******.com/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
Things could be settled privately... we don't need to start a flame war here and make the other posters uncomfortable.
I'm trying my very best to make this board a nice and friendly place to go to, to the extent of settling squabbles between posters, and defending some "risque threads" here from the management team, I just hope the "misunderstandings" could just be addressed privately. Thanks.
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 06-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Answers to specific questions:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashli
I was just wondering if they had the scene where draco and co dresses up as dementors during the quidditch match and harry throws a patronus at them. I doubt they did but a girl can hope
Harry didn't conjure a patronus at them. The only time he managed a corporeal Patronus was when he saved Sirius and himself from the flock of dementors.

You get to see Draco & Co. imitating Dementors though. But you KNOW that it was them, and it was obvious that they did it to irk Harry.

It was during Care of Magical Creatures class. You get to see this scene in one of the trailers actually, I think there are actually pictures of this around somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sooz*
P.S. How many times has Ron stood on Hermione's foot? I'm sure he did in PS as well.
Yep. He did.
And those were actually Hermione's exact words: "Ouch, Ron! That was my foot!"

It was when the trio were underneath the invisibility cloak on their way to "Fluffy". It was right before Hermione does the Alohomorad the door.

Quote:
Originally posted by guerinschick
Ok, you guys say the end is a freeze frame of Harry's face? Do we see him at the train station with the Dursley's at all? Does he get his permission slip from Sirius for Hogsmeade??
Yes. No. No.

For the second year running, the mvie doesn't end in the train station. And no, aside from Buckbeak's feather, there is nothing included in the "Firebolt package".

The 3nd to the last scene was Harry visiting Lupin and seeing him packing his belongings. Lupin gives him back the Marauder's Map.

Harry then goes into the Great Hall and see that there's a commotion in the Griffindor table. Turns out, "somebody" [img]http://www.*******.com/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] sent him a Firebolt.

Last scene was this whole lot of students led by Harry running into the courtyard, all abuzz with questions like "How fast is it?"

So Harry dlies it, and zooom! It was fast!

He over the lake and then freezeframe.

That's the End.

Instead of fading to black, the screen slowly fades to black until only Harry's face is visible.
When it's pitch black, you'll hear Harry's voice suddenly say: []"Lumos!"[/i]
You'll see a parchment.
And then "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good."

And the credits is shown "via the Marauder's map".

That would have to be THE coolest credits I have ever seen!

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.

~ Sadé
Old 06-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

'Shippy moments

OK, here's the DETAILS to all the spoiler whores or to be polically correct, all those who wants to be spoiled rotten.

Draco/Hermione
(as requested by Aimee and igloo155)

Oh, dear.
If you guys are expecting those "Gee, your hair smells terrific!" shampoo commercial footage from Chamber of Secret's Flourish and Blotts scene...
Sorry, but I think Hermione used a different shampoo, here. *lol*

BUT, I guess if we try to be optimistic and scrutinize each scene, we'd see moments nevertheless...

*starts grasping at straws*

1) Like, Hermione and Draco both have bandages on their right hands at one time.
Yey!
I'd like to thank the wonderful people at Contra Veritas for pointing this out months ago when the first promotional pictures were distributed.
It made me notice it and giggle *lol*
(But sadly, Lupin also has bandages on his right hand in the end. *pouts* The make-up artists/costumiers have a right hand fetish in my opinion! ) LOL

2) Then there's this scene in the Great Hall where Draco was showing Pansy his "wounded arm".
Pansy was all: "Does it hurt?"
And Draco was all: "Yes, but I think I was actually lucky... it could be worse..."
Hermione (and Ron & Harry) looked in their direction and noticed them.
Plus she was frowning *beams*
It's very blatant of Draco to show it off in the Great Hall, he might be making people other than Pansy to notice *wink*

But the Harry/Draco 'shippers could also argue that it was Harry's attention that Draco was trying to get so... *cackles and shakes head*

3) Draco was leering at Hermione in their DADA class when Snape substituted for Lupin.
OK, so this is only in the trailers *pouts*

BUT when Hermione answered Snape's question of what the difference between an werewolf and an animagus is...
when she said that "The werewolf only answers to "the call" of it's kind",
Draco interupts and howls.

Yes, HOWLS like a wolf.

This became semi important (well it depends on how you see it, actually), because this could be argued as what gave Hermione the idea to howl like a wolf to save past!Harry when they turned back in time. *beams*

4) Draco blew the paper crane to Hermione's direction.

Ok, so the "note" was for Harry, but Draco was blowing in Hermione's direction nevertheless *wink*

5) Hermione was very concerned when Draco got slashed by Buckbeak.
Draco was all: "It's killed me. It's killed me. *sob* " LMAO
Hagrid just said that "it's just a little scratch"
BUT HErmione was adamant and said: "No! You'd have to take him to Mdme. Pomprey!"

6) In the Care for Magical Creatures class, Draco and Harry had a "confrontation", and it was Hermione who broke it up, and she made a "face" at Draco.

7) Draco & co. were using binoculars and spying on Buckbeak's "execution".
Draco: "Well, well, you've come here to enjoy the show?"
Hermione: "You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!"
She storms straight to him. Points her wand right under his chin.
Draco wimpers
She lowers it.
He follows the loweing of the wand. Then he starts getting cocky and laughed, as if saying you can't do it, could you?
So she punches him.
He falls to the ground. Then his minions help him up. And runs back to the castle.

8) While the scene above was happening, Future!Hermione and Harry were watching them the whole time. Then she goes: "Malfoy's coming!" then F!H&Hr jumps off a window and crouched on the ground and hid behind the mini!pyramid. You'd be able to hear Malfoy saying to his cronies not to tell anybody about what happened and that the mudblood would pay, or something like that..

9) Oh, and right after Harry flew Buckbeak for the first time, I don't know if it was Hermione's voice that you would hear screaming "Way to go/That's great Harry!"...
But if that IS her, LLs could argue that Draco stormed into the front of the class because he wants Hermione's attention too! *wink*

Gosh, I think that's it. I'll add more when I when I remember more.
If you want a blow by blow acount of any of the scenes that I mentioned above, just tell me which one

P.S.
I'm sorry to say this LLs but Pansy is cute!
I was just taken aback by that. Not pug-nosed at all. Actually she's so ickle you'd want ruffle her hair. But then she's got that haughty "You're nothing to me." look that is just perfect for GoF!Pansy.
I can just picture her saying: "Stunningly pretty? Her? What was she judging against - a chipmunk?" :-)

====================================================

(These are for Q Spoiler whore extraordinaire)

NOTE:
I know WHY you're asking me about these scenes! But oddly enough, what happens after them are what I find more note-worthy, so I hope you don't mind if I add them [img]http://www.*******.com/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

TimeTurner Scene

Sadly, there aren't any broomcloset scenes... *pouts*
My pervy!side wept for this fact! *lol*

I think the publicity picture of them wearing the timeturners around their necks is either one of those scenes you have to "freeze frame" in the DVD (if they do include it in the DVD coz it's not in the film) to see the "Sex" as Alfonso said, or it's a D/E moment like the "snuggling in the Hospital bed" one *wink*

When Hermione puts on the timeturner, the camera is moving, so what you'd see is actually the back of her head. When the camera settles on their side (as in the picture), the timeturner is already on their necks and Hermione has started tinkering with it. Harry is looking at it curiously, and makes a grab for it, but Hermione slaps his hand away. *lol*
You then see the activities of the Infirmary for the past 3 hours including a person being wrapped like a mummy.

Harry: "What happened? Where's Ron?"
Then Hermione goes: "7:30, where were we at 7:30?"
Harry: "I don't know, going to Hagrid's?"
Hermione then starts running, out the informary, across the bridge, with Harry following her, all the way asking "Hermione what happened, where were we?"
Until they reach the passageway.... er, I don't know what to call it, so I'll call it the passageway, ok?
But Q, remember the "Hermione just got lucky" Auror inside joke picture? Well, that's when they happen to see their past selves.
Harry: "Is that us? How can we be there?" or something like that...

And then
Hermione suddenly turns around, pushes Harry so he begins stepping backwards, and slams him backwards into the wall.

You'd want a freezeframe of THAT! LOL

And then...
Hermione starts reaching into her sweater...

Meh! to take out the timeturner!
You have a dirty mind!

So she explains that "this is a timeturner, this is how I've been getting to all my classes".

Another freezeframe-worthy moment is kinda related to this is when Future!H&Hr return to the Infirmary, you get a view of Past!H&Hr standing really close to each other right before they vanish.

Oh, and when Hermione was removing the timeturner from Harry's neck, they get really really close. *beams*

Womping Willow scene

After the "trio hug", I should point out, that my "non-HP fan" friend (who is currently looking over my shoulder right now) *rolleyes* *lol*
Well, he started laughing and said: "Yep, 'from the director of Y Tu Mama Tambien, alright' "
*sigh* It's sad how a dirty mind works! *lol*

Anyway...

Ron got bit by Scabbers. Scabbers runs away. So Ron chases after him.
H&Hr runs after him.
Hermione: "Harry, do you know what tree that is?"
Harry: "Ron, run!"
Ron catches Scabbers, but then he looked at H&Hr and saw "the Grim" behind them. He shouts "It's the Grim! Behind you!"

Padfoot jumps over H&Hr and bites Ron's leg and drags him to the hole in the Womping Willow Tree.
Ron screams "Harry!".
Harry runs, dives, and tries to catch Ron's hand and pull him back, but he was too late.
Hermione then catches up to Harry and they both try to get into the hole as well.
But the WW has other ideas.
WW started swinging it's arms at H&H.
They get thrown back and landed on their bums.
Hermione helps Harry up.
Together they run back to the hole while avoiding the branches.
At one point, Hr screams "Duck!", while she ducks to avoid getting hit by the branch.
H got hit and his glasses fall off. He then proceed to pat the grass and find it. (I guess his vision is that bad *wry grin*)
Hr stands up, but then another branch comes swinging her way, she jumps to avoid it, but another branch swung.
She got hit perpendicularly on her stomach, and she sort of doubled over, so instead of getting thrown off her feet, she got carried by the branch.
I guess she decided to hold on eventually so she got carried around by the branch while screaming (boy, Emma sure does have power-lungs! )
H finally manages to find his glasses, puts them on, and then he sees Hr getting swung around by the branch. He just looks on helplessly while avoiding getting hit by a branch.
The branch carrying Hr swings by H again, and then Hr suddenly grabs a handful of H's shirt. <--- funny scene, H's face was priceless!
They get swung by the branch together.
And then quite suddenly, they got dropped.
H slides down, gets on his feet and then get toppled over
ummmphh!
H landed on his stomach into the ground of the passageway to the Shrieking Shack.
Hr slides down, and like H,
ummmphh!
Hr landed on her stomach flat into H's back.
(*cough*) at this point, my pervy!side is thinking: "I just have to wonder how many times they have to that scene... and I just have to say that I'm glad that it was Hermione who landed on Harry's back, because I don't know what the censors are going to think of a freezeframe of Harry lying ontop of Hermione... and goodnes!!! from the back?! My gosh! *lol*

Hr: "Sorry." (sheepishly) Then starts getting up

H: "It's alright."

But like I said, it's what happens after this that I liked more.

So, they get up.
Hr: "Where are we?"
H: "I have a pretty good idea."

It then shows a scene of Harry emerging from an underground hole.
He gets out, then he puts out his hand to assist Hermione up.
awwwwww Such a gentleman! *squees*
And then they don't let go, and climbs up the stairs still holding hands.
aaaawwwww

satisfied, Q?

NOTE:
To all the other shippers, I sincerely hope that you guys won't MST what I have written here in your threads. *lol* Those are the scenes that I talked about because those are the scenes that were asked.

If you also want a blow by blow account of your particular ship's scenes, all you have to do is ask

*looks around*
So... are there any Snape/Hermione 'shippers out there who wants to talk about the SS/HG scenes?
C'mon! I was to talk about them! *puppy dog eyes*

~ Sadé
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top