Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_316:
<STRONG>

But really, who else could it be aside from Snape and Karkaroff? Crouch Jr. is dead, so I guess it could be him, but didn't he want to return?

Which book was that quote from anyway? I don't remember reading it.</STRONG>
I have no idea. It just seems so predictable..

GoF, the graveyard scene [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

it cant be Crouch Jr... because Moldiemort named him in that speech too, saying his most loyal follower was at hogwarts right now. and Snape wasnt there then... so it really makes sense that its Snape, but on the other hand it makes sense if he wasnt... blah this is so confusing
~*Slytherin Prefect*~
Cheermione Silverstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:13 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

That's kind of scary that it could be anybody else.

McGonnagal?

Hagrid?

Flitwick?

DUMBLEDORE?!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Extreme Fan

*blinks* uhm... i think i didnt say that right..
Voldie told his death eather in GOF in the graveyardscene that is most loyal servant was at hogwarts now, and it was Crouch JR.
But Snape wasn't with Voldie in the graveyardscene, thats why i think he's the one who would never return. although it could have been karkaroff but i seem to recall that Voldie said something else aswell which applied to Karkaroff.. it all leads to Snape being the one that wont return.. AGH! i need to reread that part to really get into this *goes to do just that*
~*Slytherin Prefect*~
Old 04-01-2004, 05:31 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

I thought that Crouch Jr was dead / indisposed at this point.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:52 AM
Extreme Fan

No, because after the graveyard scene and Harry comes back with Cedric's body and the cup Moody (Crouch JR) takes him up to his office to 'take care' of him. so he's still there. And thats when Crouch JR tries to do something or other to Harry.. dont really remember what.. and then Dumbledore, Snape and Mcgonagall come in and he gets busted. So Crouch was still at Hogwarts, probably at in the quidditch stadium, when Voldemort was speeching to his death eathers
~*Slytherin Prefect*~
Old 04-01-2004, 07:17 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_316:
<STRONG>

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HarriFreak: Who is the 'one that never will return' deatheater?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; You have to work it out, but a lot of fansites have got it right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Snape, right?

</STRONG>
I think it's Snape because (as J. K. Rowling says) Dumbledore trusts him and he can't abuse his confidence, Dumbledore is never wrong, right? However, does it mean Karkaroff will return? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Fan

It is a toss up. It seems like it would be Snape.

GoF pg 651 American Version

"And here we have six missing Death Eaters... three dead in my service. One, too cowardly to return... he will pay. (*Has to be Karkaroff, b/c he fled that night*) One, who I believe has left me forever... he will be killed, of course..."

Yeah, Snape did leave forever. So it has to be him. All I really was thinking, was it was easy to guess, unlike Crouch Jr. as Moody.

I have toooo much time...
Old 04-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Is it possible to have tooooo much time? I'm mostly busy. I wish I had time and could reread all HP books again and again...

Quote:
If we ever see Sirius again, what form will he be in?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; I couldn't possibly answer that for fear of incriminating myself.
This answer is riddle for me. Any clues?
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by magicman:
<STRONG>It is a toss up. It seems like it would be Snape.

GoF pg 651 American Version

"And here we have six missing Death Eaters... three dead in my service. One, too cowardly to return... he will pay. (*Has to be Karkaroff, b/c he fled that night*) One, who I believe has left me forever... he will be killed, of course..."

Yeah, Snape did leave forever. So it has to be him. All I really was thinking, was it was easy to guess, unlike Crouch Jr. as Moody.

I have toooo much time...</STRONG>

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I was seriously confused by that even when I read it. But I'm not the type of person to go back and re-read something because I didn't understand it in the HP books. If I did that, I think I would stop more often than I most people.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by magicman:
<STRONG>Yeah, Snape did leave forever. So it has to be him. All I really was thinking, was it was easy to guess, unlike Crouch Jr. as Moody.</STRONG>
Isn't Snape pretending to be a Death Eater again, though? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chippewa Falls Dawson:
<STRONG>

Isn't Snape pretending to be a Death Eater again, though? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That's what it seems like. Which, I know, doesn't make any sense. B/c Voldie said he would kill him...
Old 04-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Extreme Fan

yeah thats what i dont get... he said he would kill him... but he's gone back, and he's still alive.
Maybe Voldy just keeps him around and pretends he doesnt know, so that he can do something horrible later on. at first i was thinking maybe he ment someone else... but he doesnt mention anyone else that hasnt been accounted for right? so it has to be Snape.
wait... i just thought of something, he only mentions the Lestranges not being there cause they are in Azkaban right? but what about the other people who escaped from Azkaban, Antonin Dolohov for instance, they were deatheaters to right? why doesnt he have a spot open in the circle for him?
~*Slytherin Prefect*~
Old 04-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Linda Claudia Behr:
<STRONG>

This answer is riddle for me. Any clues?</STRONG>
Hmmm maybe she'll mention him again as the star ... or maybe he and Harry's parents (and maybe even all of the people Voldie's killed) will come back at the final battle as ghosts (like in RotK) and avenge their deaths ... just a thought [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheermione Silverstain:
<STRONG>yeah thats what i dont get... he said he would kill him... but he's gone back, and he's still alive.
Maybe Voldy just keeps him around and pretends he doesnt know, so that he can do something horrible later on. at first i was thinking maybe he ment someone else... but he doesnt mention anyone else that hasnt been accounted for right? so it has to be Snape.
wait... i just thought of something, he only mentions the Lestranges not being there cause they are in Azkaban right? but what about the other people who escaped from Azkaban, Antonin Dolohov for instance, they were deatheaters to right? why doesnt he have a spot open in the circle for him?</STRONG>
And what I don't get, is that Dumbledore must know that whole Snape situation. And he still sent him..

He should have spaces for the other Death Eaters, you're right. Myabe he just got onto the story of his return before he could finish? B/C that makes no sense. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]