Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Absolute Fan

The two questions that stood out the most to me:

Quote:
Arianna: Can we believe everything the sorting hat says?
JK Rowling replies -> The Sorting Hat is certainly sincere.
JKR's always very careful about how she words things, and here she doesn't directly answer the question. Her calling the Sorting Hat sincere gave me the impression that the Hat might not always be right, but it believes what it's saying. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] But don't mind me. I always go into word choice far too much, and I'm always, always wrong.

Quote:
Sirius Kase: Will we get to know the Grangers? Is Hermione an only child?
JK Rowling replies -> I always planned that Hermione would have a younger sister but she's never made an appearance and somehow it feels like it might be too late now.
She never answers the first question. Will we get to know the Grangers? Personally, I think they're going to die, which would explain why she only focused on the nonexistant sister.
the laziest little sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sarah [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
You're not the only one, when I saw that question I thought she didn't answer it ... but she did that with a couple of them. And it would be horrible for the Grangers to die! The Weasleys would have another orphan on their hands! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I don't know if this is spoilerish. I guess if you haven't read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them it is...
You know the question where someone asks what Crookshanks is?
Well I looked in my Fantastic Beasts book and the animal which most closely resembles Crookshanks is a Kneazle. Techniqually (I can never spell that word!) he's a wild animal but if they take a liking to a human they can make excellent pets. They also have a knack for spotting and I quote 'unsavory or suspicious characters'.

.... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited elethoniel ]
Old 03-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by elethoniel:
<STRONG>Well I looked in my Fantastic Beasts book and the animal which most closely resembles Crookshanks is a Kneazle.</STRONG>
I think I read somewhere that Crookshanks is half Kneazle, but I'm not sure if that was just a theory or if JKR confirmed it.
the laziest little sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by the laziest little sidekick:
<STRONG>

I think I read somewhere that Crookshanks is half Kneazle, but I'm not sure if that was just a theory or if JKR confirmed it.</STRONG>
He is hald Kneazle. That's been confirmed before I think. Because we talked about him being an animgaus but deduced he wasn't and someone had some quote from somewhere I think.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

*Sniff* Fine ruin my big announcement ... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Yea makes more sense he's half anyway caus it sad they were small cat like creatures and in PoA (that's when mione get's him right?) it says Harry thought he was either a big cat or a very small tiger (&lt;-- [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love that describtion)

And I'm really sorry for my disgusting spelling .. aparently I left my brain on holiday because it doesn't want to work [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, and it makes a lot of sense too. I just checked FBAWTFT, and it says:

"The Kneazle has an uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters..."

So it fits very well [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] After that JKR chat I read the whole thing over to see what she meant by Crook. being not all cat [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Cookie246122: Why did you kill Sirius? It made me very sad
JK Rowling replies -&gt; I'm really, really sorry. I didn't want to do it, but there was a reason. If you think you can forgive me, keep reading, you'll find out. [I feel really guilty now].
well this is good and bad to me, bad because even though I had a feeling, it would seem it is a certian death, not much of a maybe return, but at least there will be something signifigant as a result or in relation to it which I was greatly hoping for ........

magicman I *LOVE* your Avatar !!!! I adore RENT!! Actually until today I was storting a semi- RENT Avatar, Constantine Maroulis who plays Roger on the current Collins tour.

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited LadyOfLorien ]
Old 03-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyOfLorien:
<STRONG>

well this is good and bad to me, bad because even though I had a feeling, it would seem it is a certian death, not much of a maybe return, but at least there will be something signifigant as a result or in relation to it which I was greatly hoping for ........

magicman I *LOVE* your Avatar !!!! I adore RENT!! Actually until today I was storting a semi- RENT Avatar, Constantine Maroulis who plays Roger on the current Collins tour.

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited LadyOfLorien ]</STRONG>
But she left us guessing. Everyone who can't see Thestrals wasn't there when Sirius fell. SO we don't know if he is dead or not. But it looks like it now... [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Thanks! I love rent too! Going to see it on the 10'th [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] If you even wanna talk about it PM me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by magicman:
<STRONG>
But she left us guessing. Everyone who can't see Thestrals wasn't there when Sirius fell. SO we don't know if he is dead or not. But it looks like it now... [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yes I did notice that about the missing people from the scene all being the ones who couldn't see Thestrals, BUT , between Lupin,Dumbledore etc. responses in the book, and J.K's comment in this chat, I say sadly it sounds like its for good [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] but of course I'd like to hope, we never know do we?

Quote:
<STRONG>Thanks! I love rent too! Going to see it on the 10'th [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] If you even wanna talk about it PM me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Are you seeing the current touring company?? If so yeah!! Constantine is the best Roger I've ever seen *LOVE* him [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'll pm you for further discussion [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Well hello folks, there are a few things I found rather interesting in the chat, so I'm gonna point them out.

Quote:
miggs: Is there going to be a new minister of magic in the next books?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; Yes. Ha! Finally, a concrete bit of information, I hear you cry!
Well, this is good news given that Fudge proved himself to be both selfish and unable to accept that things may not be the way he wants them to be, but that's life.

Quote:
HarriFreak: Who is the 'one that never will return' deatheater?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; You have to work it out, but a lot of fansites have got it right.
It's Snape, right?

Quote:
* LRGS School: Which character do you most dislike ?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; Probably Uncle Vernon.
Not Voldemort, not Lucius Malfoy, but Uncle Vernon? Weird.

Quote:
bubbles: if you were harry potter for a day what would you do?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; If I, personally, were Harry Potter I think I would go and hide somewhere, but that's because I know what's coming!
This scares me for Harry. When the person writing the book is asked what they would do if they had one day to be them and their answer is to hide...that's not a good sign!

Quote:
Chibimono: Do you have any future plans in particular for Draco Malfoy?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; I've got plans for all my characters. Actually, this is a really good place to answer a question about Draco and Hermione, which a certain Ms. Radcliffe is desperate to have answered. Will they end up together in book six/seven? NO! The trouble is, of course, that girls fancy Tom Felton, but Draco is NOT Tom Felton! (My daughter likes TF very much too, because he taught her how to use a diablo)
I actually found this to be a bit insulting. As a fan of Draco, not necessarily Tom, I don't base my like for him off of Tom Felton. Draco could be a very complex and deep character if she wanted for him to be. My mom, who has now read all 5 books, said to me just the other day that maybe with his father out of the way that he might behave himself a bit better. But the truth of the matter is I don't really want him to. I like him as the bad guy and I don't want him to change. The Draco in my head is a snobby little thing and I wouldn't change him if I could. He's so much more fun to read, to me, being as naughty as he could be.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Supreme Fan

I thought the deatheater who would never return is Karkaroff... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I dunno though..but didn't karkaroff run? Snape did go back to Voldie didn't he? But maybe it means he went back physically, but mentally and as far as loyalty goes, he's on dumbledore's side..hm..

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriela:
<STRONG>I thought the deatheater who would never return is Karkaroff... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I dunno though..but didn't karkaroff run? Snape did go back to Voldie didn't he? But maybe it means he went back physically, but mentally and as far as loyalty goes, he's on dumbledore's side..hm..</STRONG>
I'm a little confused by this too. I mean, Snape did return, but as a spy, and Karkaroff just disappeared. It would seem more logically for them to say Karkaroff since he's no longer in the picture, but as far as underlying meanings, I think she could be talking about Snape. Because, as you said, he returned physically, but mentally he's with Dumbledore's side.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Here's my little outlook on the chat... WARNING: its long...

Quote:
"Chibimono: Do you have any future plans in particular for Draco Malfoy?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; I've got plans for all my characters. Actually, this is a really good place to answer a question about Draco and Hermione, which a certain Ms. Radcliffe is desperate to have answered. Will they end up together in book six/seven? NO! The trouble is, of course, that girls fancy Tom Felton, but Draco is NOT Tom Felton! (My daughter likes TF very much too, because he taught her how to use a diablo"
*looks mockshocked* He's not? Rats! *makes 'shoot' handmovement* there goes my whole outlook on life.

Quote:
Kelpie_8: Will the two way mirror Sirius gave Harry ever show up again?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; Ooooo good question. There's your answer.
*wiggles eyebrows* [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

Quote:
Potter47: What is the sixth book going to be called? The seventh?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; It will be called 'Harry Potter and...' something. Catchy, don't you think? And I think I'll follow the same model for seven.
*raises eyebrow* way to do the sarcastic line JK....

Quote:
Echo: Was Percy acting entirely of his own accord in Order of the Phoenix?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; I'm afraid so.
I love Percy... but i've always known he acted in his own free will... but still this got to me, i wonder whats up with that. *huggles Percy*

Quote:
renata: What happened between hermiona and viktor krum during the summer?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; Ron would like to know that, too.
aawwww finally an answer which tickles my fancy. *huggles Ron* I feel for you hun

Quote:
Siriusstar: Is Remus a pureblood?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; Half blood.
for some weird reason, i find this really interesting *shrugs* I thought his middle name (John) was interesting to goes to show you...

Quote:
Sussie: Does Harry's eyecolour become important in the future books, like we've heard?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; No comment!
AHA! sorry... i just meant AHA!

Quote:
Luisa: Is Draco an only child?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; Yes. You wouldn't want more Dracos, would you?!
uhm... how to say this without sounding like a total fangirl.. YU-UH! does she even have to ask?

Quote:
Cookie246122: Why did you kill Sirius? It made me very sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
JK Rowling replies -&gt; I'm really, really sorry. I didn't want to do it, but there was a reason. If you think you can forgive me, keep reading, you'll find out. [I feel really guilty now].
little late for that isnt it? although its good she's sorry....*sigh* well i know how she can make it up to us.... bring him back *wiggles eyebrows* [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

Quote:
HarriFreak: Who is the 'one that never will return' deatheater? JK Rowling replies -&gt; You have to work it out, but a lot of fansites have got it right.
uhm... Snape right? no wait.. he's there *pounders* or maybe Voldy is already on to him? i was thinking it was Karkaroff when i read it... but since its on fansites i think i might be wrong there

Quote:
Bobby: Any thoughts about a prequel series?
JK Rowling replies -&gt; No, no prequels here. You won't need them by the time I've finished, you'll have all the back story you'll need!
well there go my hopes on a Maurading book meh... something along the lines of 'The Marauders and the way of the moon' maybe teehee

As for that part about being Harry for a day and then go to hide... i didnt even catch that! blah!
It scared me when i read it though.. Harry already has it ruff. Moldy Voldy is probably coming after him... poor Harry, cause yeah if the writer wants to go hide then there's something terribly wrong
~*Slytherin Prefect*~
Cheermione Silverstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_316:
<STRONG>

I'm a little confused by this too. I mean, Snape did return, but as a spy, and Karkaroff just disappeared. It would seem more logically for them to say Karkaroff since he's no longer in the picture, but as far as underlying meanings, I think she could be talking about Snape. Because, as you said, he returned physically, but mentally he's with Dumbledore's side.</STRONG>

For me, it seems that the death eater being Snape is too... easy. It just feels like it'll be someone that we haven't thought about or even read about yet. It could very well be Snape, but it seems to guess-able.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

For me, it seems that the death eater being Snape is too... easy. It just feels like it'll be someone that we haven't thought about or even read about yet. It could very well be Snape, but it seems to guess-able.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
But really, who else could it be aside from Snape and Karkaroff? Crouch Jr. is dead, so I guess it could be him, but didn't he want to return?

Which book was that quote from anyway? I don't remember reading it.