Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla:
<STRONG>

I love that scene so much. Can't wait to see it in the movie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
They'd better keep everything it that whole phase of chapters pretty much (from the time they all go under the Whomping Willow to the time Lupin turns Wolfy and Wormtail runs off) EXACTLY how it is and not exclude anything or I'm going to be SO dissappointed [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Yes I also love that hug moment- will be great to see on screen!!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

I know. That's my one concern about the movie, really. I'm generally pretty philosophical about the changes from the book to the movie. It happens, I know it's going to happen, and the book version is almost always better. I accept these things going in to the movie. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But that is one of my favorite scenes ever in a book, and I really want them to show it the way it was written. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Guess we'll see.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Loyal Fan

OMG, I finally saw the new trailer, and I saw the werewolf. EEK! I guess I was hoping for a cute, cuddly, fuzzy Oz-like werewolf....or something. That just....freaked me out!

Anyone else disturbed by this, or am I just a freak?

wyatt: how exactly did i die again?
me: beeker shoved a huge snake fang through your diary
wyatt: my WHAT?
Old 04-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

Haven't seen it yet. But I've been hoping for it to not be an Oz-type werewolf, because, while I absolutely adored Oz, I never really liked the werewolf special effects. Haven't seen the Remus one, though, so can't comment on it.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Extreme Fan

well I know changes will be made from book to film- they have to- I am just very protective of that phase of chapters (all about my Sirius mostly...)

I agree Oz's wolf was very cheesy- particularly earlier on, Lupin's wolf is very CGIish to me though, but a scary CGI....
Old 04-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, Lupin's wolf is definitely creepy. I was hoping he'd look a bit more, you know, wolf-ish, but then again, he IS a werewolf.

I think the first scene I think of him is either the chocolate-on-the-train scene or the boggart-in-the-wardrobe scene. And yay, we get both!

Hey, what do you guys think of David Thewlis? I hope he's all right - I somehow always pictured Lupin to be more, well, attractive.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EphramIsHot:
<STRONG>Hey, what do you guys think of David Thewlis? I hope he's all right - I somehow always pictured Lupin to be more, well, attractive.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You aren't the only one thinking that...when my friends saw who was playing Lupin they all said the same thing...
I guess he really doesn't fit my image of Lupin at all, but I think acting-wise he'll be really good. I pictured Lupin as younger-looking, but a face tinged w/ age...but I also think Snape should look younger as well. Lupin, Snape, Pettigrew, and Sirius are all supposed to be around 36 or so aren't they? I think I read that somewhere. So I guess they really couldn't have Lupin looking really young and Snape looking quite a bit older than him.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EphramIsHot:
<STRONG>I was hoping he'd look a bit more, you know, wolf-ish, but then again, he IS a werewolf. </STRONG>
YES! I was thinking more wolfish, too.

Quote:
<STRONG>Hey, what do you guys think of David Thewlis? I hope he's all right - I somehow always pictured Lupin to be more, well, attractive.</STRONG>

Yeah, I was thinking more along he lines of attactive myself....totally not my image of him. Someone once put the thought in my mind of Anthony Stewart Head as being Lupin-ish, and that has stuck with me, so....yeah....

Old 04-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Scary werewolf, huh? You guys are getting me a bit apprehensive.

Still, while I never really thought about it that way (for some reason, not sure why exactly), I guess the werewolf should be really scary. I'm curious to see this trailer now.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla:
<STRONG>Scary werewolf, huh? You guys are getting me a bit apprehensive.

Still, while I never really thought about it that way (for some reason, not sure why exactly), I guess the werewolf should be really scary. I'm curious to see this trailer now.</STRONG>
It's not so much that it's scary, it's just... weird, I guess. Like, computer-animated weird. I don't really think it fits in with all the other stuff the HP creators have come up with. It's skin doesn't look like fur, it looks like, well... grey skin. Too bad.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Supreme Fan

You're right about it looking like grey skin...

I found a pic of him as a werewolf...

Piccie from www.godrics-hollow.net [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited Gabriela ]

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Was just thinking of something....one of the OWLS question was how to distinguish a werewolf from a regular wolf (or something along those lines) Right? Wouldn't that, then, imply that a werewolf looks more...well, wolfish?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Total Fan

It doesn't look very wolfish, it is kinda freaky though, I think the Oz warewolf in Buffy was better.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

The wolf does look a little weird. Like a cartoon almost and it doesn't really even look like a wolf. More like a dog. Oh well I guess.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, yeah, gotta say that's not at all how I imagined the werewolf either. Wonder how it's going to look in actual action in the movie.

icon by lunas_borednow
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top