Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lindsay - Love to hear we actually got a D/Hr moment in there.

Greysjolex - Yeah fanfic writers get to write it from Hermione and/or Draco's pov and that helps a lot. Plus they have so much more time to explore them and get inside their heads.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I'll post that small DHr moment here when I get more online time.

And yes, it was between the canon and non-canon couples. It was pretty crazy but that's how it is being part of the fandom.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Lindsay - Love to hear we actually got a D/Hr moment in there.

Greysjolex - Yeah fanfic writers get to write it from Hermione and/or Draco's pov and that helps a lot. Plus they have so much more time to explore them and get inside their heads.
Yeah exactly I think I just looove getting both of their povs, and that's why I just love their fics. I have always loved Hermione, my favourite character, but if it's possible the dramione fanfics make me love her even more! I just love how strong and passionate she is, which is completely cannon, but I adore how Draco seems to flare it to life even more

Quote:
And yes, it was between the canon and non-canon couples. It was pretty crazy but that's how it is being part of the fandom.
Haha I know crazy fandoms that's for sure man I guess I am glad I wasn't here for it! It didn't bother me, but when jk released that article before cursed child hinting Ron and Hermione may not make it or something to that effect, it must have stirred up quite the reaction ?!
Old 01-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Haha I know crazy fandoms that's for sure man I guess I am glad I wasn't here for it! It didn't bother me, but when jk released that article before cursed child hinting Ron and Hermione may not make it or something to that effect, it must have stirred up quite the reaction ?!
YES OMG. These things are quite a sensitive "topic" for the fandom.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
YES OMG. These things are quite a sensitive "topic" for the fandom.
Hahaha oh man to be fair if I hardcore shipped them I would've been PISSED that she said that so casually after everyone thought thry were endgame what's worse is that she didn't even say 'oh I'm pretty sure harry and Hermione would've become closer' or anything indicating who else they might've been happy with - pretty sure it was just 'yeah they eventually wouldn't work out' how annoying is that!!! Lol

I wouldn't have complained if she had said yeah they wouldn't have worked, but bright side is Draco and Hermione found each other lol Can you imagine the reaction hahaha
Old 01-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL. If Jo said DHr should have ended up together, I think both sides of the fandom will be very angry.

I should probably post that bit of DHr in Cursed Child but my book is in my condo and I'm at my mom's right now. So hopefully within this week.

+

Old 01-30-2017, 02:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
LOL. If Jo said DHr should have ended up together, I think both sides of the fandom will be very angry.

I should probably post that bit of DHr in Cursed Child but my book is in my condo and I'm at my mom's right now. So hopefully within this week.

+
Haha people would go crazy, it would have been hilarious though lol I would've been super intrigued about why and then probably have fallen into the fandom like I have in the past few months and then ended up shipping them like I do now if she said that don't get me wrong, I liked ron and Hermione well enough, but always really liked the trio friendship more. But in terms of fanfic, I would never read a Ron/Hermione fanfic, but i just LOVE DHr cool no rush! awesome pic!!

Last edited by Greysjolex; 01-30-2017 at 01:26 PM
Old 01-30-2017, 11:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Did the books or the movies made you realize that you like DHr more?

Old 02-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Did the books or the movies made you realize that you like DHr more?
I think the movies brought to life Dracos inner torment a wee bit more, if only in the sense that we were able to visually see his struggle and breakdown. We also see a tiny bit more from his perspective as opposed to all of it being through Harry in the book, so in terms of Draco's character, probably the films. And as far as dramione go, I think I've always enjoyed their scenes in the films more as well, Although to be fair I haven't read the books in years and years. I think both definitely had an undercurrent of tension even if it was hate

but i had definitely never thought of them in the context of shipping until I accidentally found a fanfic, and was intrigued as it seemed to be so popular and had a ridiculous amount of reviews! So I tried it, fell in love with them and their dynamic and now I can't ship anything else I did like Ron and Hermione at the time, but I seriously think if DHr were explored properly they would absolutely be each other's matches.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:18 AM
Moderator Manager

Did you ever ship anyone on HP prior to DHr or they were your first ship because of that fanfic you read?

Old 02-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Did you ever ship anyone on HP prior to DHr or they were your first ship because of that fanfic you read?
Yeah well, I guess I shipped Ron and hermione haha without really realising it, I was happy when they sorted it out at the end because I read the books SO long ago, so in the books I liked when they got their happy ending! Didn't really feel them as much in the films, so in terms of actual shipping, I liked R/H and had no complaints about the endgame ships but no, I didn't actively ship on HP until the DHr fanfic!! And now I reaaaaaally love their dynamic! but Its interesting, I haven't read the books in years and years so it would be intriguing to re-read and see how I feel about them all now after reading so much DHr
Old 02-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a cute pic.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Same, I need to re-read the books. It's been so long for me.

Here's the bit of DHr in Cursed Child:

Quote:
DRACO: Hermione Granger, I’m being bossed around by Hermione Granger.

(She turns towards him.He smiles.)

And I’m mildly enjoying it.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That part is awesome.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Moderator Manager

I kind of wanted to see how that part played out.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top