Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay! Let me know how you like it.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:38 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm pretty sure I will since you recommended it. I trust your taste.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah pound of flesh was great!! I'm going to try the symmetrical transit too, I just finished parade of the sun- it probably wasn't my favourite of theirs but it was very creative! Much much preferred the fallout though!! I'm making my way through your list embarrassingly fast probably coz I can't access the live journal ones, but that's ok I really should stop reading fic hahaha

And that gif
Old 01-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I absolutely love Parade of Sun.:love; It starts off a little slow but I love it so much.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Haha, Greysjolex, how many fics have you read so far (at least for this week)?

Old 01-17-2017, 04:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

none this week so far lol nah I read 3 last week though which was bad haha!!

Trying to take a step back and not read them as fast but it's so difficult once you get sucked in !!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I know what you mean. When I'm in a fic reading mood, I always read everyday, even just short ones.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know it's killed so many hours of my time
It always amazes me how good they are though, I really hope some of the writers have careers in writing because some of them are just too good not to be!!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:19 AM
Moderator Manager

Fics really help us in coping with missing the fandom. It's been years now and that's why I'm also in the mood to read fics lately.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Fics really help us in coping with missing the fandom. It's been years now and that's why I'm also in the mood to read fics lately.
That's very true!! Im kind of glad I didn't ship them until now, because at the time it never really bugged me about hermione/Ron, I wasn't overly into them, and didn't think they really matched as well as people thought, but I'm glad I didn't ship Draco hermione then be because I don't take it well when my ship isn't endgame hahaha I actually hate shipping because it's so stressful lol and I always try and avoid it when starting a new show, but sometimes a couple just grabs you and you can't help it now it's kind of like a damn, they could've worked really well!! But at least at the time I wasn't holding out for the chance of them happening to be thoroughly disappointed haha
Old 01-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked D/Hr from the very beginning but even without knowing just who would end up with who it I was pretty sure D/Hr wouldn't end up together. And again I'm kinda glad. With the books being from HP's pov and me thinking JKR isn't the best romance writer I don't think she would have done them justice.

And honestly as much as I do love the books and the movies I end up reading more fanfic than I do rewtaching the movies or rereading the books.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:30 AM
Moderator Manager

I never really got into shipping until HP. And I agree, it's stressful since we don't know if our favorite couple is endgame. But part of shipping is also accepting the fact that no matter happens, if your favorite couple doesn't work out, then that's fine. What mattes is we have our reasons for liking them and if no one agrees, that's fine too. Like I keep mentioning on this board, ship and let ship. We are all allowed to think differently.

I'm currently reading 2 books right now (re-reading the other, which is Cursed Child) so I'll most likely start on TST tomorrow. I"m excited.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I see what you mean, jk is an amazing writer but I think when it comes to Draco and Hermione the fanfic writers bring them to life in a way that is so true to their characters, but I don't think jk would have handled them the same way. So I agree with you on that!!

And Lindsay yes exactly, and hahaha that's a very zen way of looking st it and I wish everyone else had that view, because then some of the fandoms I've ended up in would have been a LOT more bearable lol I agree, and I think most of the time I feel like that too! I only have an issue if the writing becomes horrendous and characters start acting completely ooc just for drama purposes! If it's organic and makes sense I don't have a problem and will accept when they don't work!

I've never read cursed child, I've seen the play but never read it! The show was fantastic, I really should get around to reading it
Old 01-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Moderator Manager

If you were posting here back then when the books/movies were out, it got pretty toxic with shipping here. That's why on threads like this, it was drama-free than the canon ones. Good times back then when I look back at it now.

Cursed Child has a bit of a DHr moment actually. I don't have my book now but I can post it tomorrow.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
If you were posting here back then when the books/movies were out, it got pretty toxic with shipping here. That's why on threads like this, it was drama-free than the canon ones. Good times back then when I look back at it now.

Cursed Child has a bit of a DHr moment actually. I don't have my book now but I can post it tomorrow.
Oh I see haha was it between RHr and Hhr shippers? I know someone who shipped harry/Hermione who was ultimately pissed off after the 6th book obvs yeah I would've been happy in this non cannon bubble defo 2 of my other fandoms are exhausting enough!!

Aw cool!! That's the thing about the play is that when your watching it and not reading it,'it's hard to recall things that happened!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top