Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Moderator Manager

It's true. You kept telling me to read "The Fallout" because it's the best thing ever and you were right.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you both !!! Yeah of course, I agree, they really should have been friends, I just meant that out of the two I probably would have preferred her with harry, but their friendships scenes are very sweet! How did the rest of you grow to love dr/H, I'm really curious!! Makes me wish they were canon soooo bad. I really have a weakness for their relationship trope - there's something I really love about the idea that someone as misguided and misunderstood as Draco could have his beliefs and values influenced by someone like hermione, once he gives her the chance to. Their potential is endless !!!

Yeah I've just read the fallout!! Thought it was great, and I did really love it, in fact it was some of the best writing I've ever come across in fanfic, and the imagination was incredible!!! The thing I found interesting was that it was entirely from hermiones point of view. Which I loved, but sometimes I did wish a wee bit to get a glimpse into dracos perspective. But having said that, such a big part of the brilliance of the story comes from the fact he IS a blank canvas that we get to know at the same distance as hermione, and that is very intriguing too!

I've been looking on that site but if there's any in particular on hawthorn and vine that you want to recommend I'm on the lookout! Other than that I've read isolation on fan fiction.net, which I loooooved, and also hunted by the same author which I enjoyed aswell. I've read a couple of others but I'm keen to hear some of your favourites and I'll give them a go!
Old 01-10-2017, 01:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Thank you both !!! Yeah of course, I agree, they really should have been friends, I just meant that out of the two I probably would have preferred her with harry, but their friendships scenes are very sweet! How did the rest of you grow to love dr/H, I'm really curious!! Makes me wish they were canon soooo bad. I really have a weakness for their relationship trope - there's something I really love about the idea that someone as misguided and misunderstood as Draco could have his beliefs and values influenced by someone like hermione, once he gives her the chance to. Their potential is endless !!!
I do have to say that the movie influenced me in liking DHr (not the books) but I bolded the part that I agree with you that in some AU for me, I would love for these two to be together.

Quote:
Yeah I've just read the fallout!! Thought it was great, and I did really love it, in fact it was some of the best writing I've ever come across in fanfic, and the imagination was incredible!!! The thing I found interesting was that it was entirely from hermiones point of view. Which I loved, but sometimes I did wish a wee bit to get a glimpse into dracos perspective. But having said that, such a big part of the brilliance of the story comes from the fact he IS a blank canvas that we get to know at the same distance as hermione, and that is very intriguing too!
I wish we got The Fallout in Draco's POV but yeah it was interesting that it was in Hermione's perspective which I loved.

Quote:
I've been looking on that site but if there's any in particular on hawthorn and vine that you want to recommend I'm on the lookout! Other than that I've read isolation on fan fiction.net, which I loooooved, and also hunted by the same author which I enjoyed aswell. I've read a couple of others but I'm keen to hear some of your favourites and I'll give them a go!
I'll leave it to Heather to recommend because I suck at recommending fanfics (not just DHr but in general).

Old 01-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I do have to say that the movie influenced me in liking DHr (not the books) but I bolded the part that I agree with you that in some AU for me, I would love for these two to be together.

I wish we got The Fallout in Draco's POV but yeah it was interesting that it was in Hermione's perspective which I loved.

I'll leave it to Heather to recommend because I suck at recommending fanfics (not just DHr but in general).

Ahhh I have just found one that I read non stop for hours, which luckily I had time off to do but it was ADDICTIVE!!! If you haven't read tender vengeance on hawthorn and vine I STRONGLY recommend!!! It's extremely complex, and captivating, and quite possibly one of my favourite fanfics I've read out of all my ships. It touches on ideas that are quite complicated and contentious but the author explores them with SO much talent and depth. I didn't think I would be okay with it at first but I can't even express how good their writing is, it's another from hermiones POV but we do get dracos perspective. I don't think I've ever loved their characters more when reading it! Luckily it's being updated again, because I hate finding unfinished fics
Old 01-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh it's unfinished? How many chapters is it? I'm in a fic reading mood lately so I'll let you know when I've started reading it.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Greysjolex - The first HP movie I saw was the 2nd and when it got to the scene where Draco is looking down at them in that bookstore I was already thinking hmmm. But then the conversation with Lucius happened (where he's heard all about Hermione) and I was hooked after that. I remember asking my cousin if he liked Hermione and he goes he's a bad boy. And my sister and I laughed and was like so yeah there's something between them. So after that I was hooked on D/Hr.

The Fallout is one of my ultimate favorite D/Hr fics. I could have seen D/Hr actually getting together like that. They remained perfectly in character but still grew. And I love the story.

Hawthorn and Vine is such a good site to go for their fics. I'll start getting my recs together.

I have read Tender Vengeance and loved it. Didn't know it was being updated again.

So I just decided to go back a thread as I remember I gave some recs then and these would have been the ones I recommended now. There are more fics I love but these are the mains I think about (minus TF as I know you've read that one). Also the ones listed as unfinished might not be unfinished anymore but figured I'd keep it up there just in case.

A Pound of Flesh {MA}
Chosen's Trial {NC-17}
The Beggar-Thief {NC-17}
Claiming Hermione {MA} Unfinished
When the Bell Tolls {MA}
Parade of the Sun {MA}
The Symmetrical Transit {MA}
Finders {MA}
Love In A Time Of The Zombie Apocalypse {M} Unfinished
Out of the Silent Planet {NC-17}
The Dragon's Bride{NC-17}
The Revenant {MA}
Silencio {MA}
Secrets - Sequel to Silencio {MA} Unfinished

Last edited by fractured moonlight; 01-10-2017 at 10:02 PM
Old 01-11-2017, 12:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Oh it's unfinished? How many chapters is it? I'm in a fic reading mood lately so I'll let you know when I've started reading it.
It's quite long, 18 long chapters at the moment, but it's soooo great.

Quote:
Greysjolex - The first HP movie I saw was the 2nd and when it got to the scene where Draco is looking down at them in that bookstore I was already thinking hmmm. But then the conversation with Lucius happened (where he's heard all about Hermione) and I was hooked after that. I remember asking my cousin if he liked Hermione and he goes he's a bad boy. And my sister and I laughed and was like so yeah there's something between them. So after that I was hooked on D/Hr.
Ahh that's so interesting!! Yeah I think looking back, he's always intrigued me and I definitely started caring a lot more about Draco after HBP. There's something Bout their dynamic that is just soo rootworthy, probably because Draco has such a big journey to enlightening his beliefs and in some cases redemption that I love reading if it's done well. I also love reading hermiones slow progression of feelings towards him as well!

Quote:
he Fallout is one of my ultimate favorite D/Hr fics. I could have seen D/Hr actually getting together like that. They remained perfectly in character but still grew. And I love the story.

Hawthorn and Vine is such a good site to go for their fics. I'll start getting my recs together.

I have read Tender Vengeance and loved it. Didn't know it was being updated again.

So I just decided to go back a thread as I remember I gave some recs then and these would have been the ones I recommended now. There are more fics I love but these are the mains I think about (minus TF as I know you've read that one). Also the ones listed as unfinished might not be unfinished anymore but figured I'd keep it up there just in case.
The fallOut is definitely incredible!! One of my favourites too, I might even need to do a re read of that already haha!

Thank you for that list that's brilliant!!! The only one I think I've came across is the revenant, which I thought was fantastic !! Will give them a go
Yes it's being updated !! I didn't even realise but they started writing it ages ago and she's recently came back and the latest chapter was only the 18th December, thank god, because I REALLY need that to be finished haha!!
Old 01-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Draco was always my fave. I felt he was so interesting and so much potential there and so much to learn and to see him grow would have been so amazing. And it was (what we did get).

I have reread TF so many times.

You're welcome and The Revenant is so amazing! I love it! So glad to hear TV has been updated! I definitely need to do a reread and catch up.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree that Hawthorn & Vine is a good site for DHr fics. I just need someone to recommend them to me cause I don't trust myself looking for fics myself.

Heather, thanks for all those recs! I can always rely on you for fic recs.

Greysjolex, The Fallout was longer so 18 is a piece of cake especially if the fic is good. Thanks again.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah he did have amazing potential, I did like the fact it was continued in the sense he didn't give them up at the manor, but it was sad when you see him walk over to his parents and Voldemort in the final battle - I understood why of course. I just would have loved for jk Rowling to have focused on him s little more st the end as well!

Just finished a pound of flesh - (don't judge, I'm ill at the moment and it's so addictive ) that was absolutely incredible as well!! So insanely creative, I have no idea how these writers do it!! That one had me hooked from start to finish, such a different concept, and so well written. And yes let us know when you've read Tv, they've left it at such an intense place, it's so frustrating

And yeah TV doesn't even feel long Lindsay, probably because I literally flew through it Hahaha
Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Moderator Manager

I know what you mean about a fic being so good that you usually read it right away. It took me a year to finish TF. I was so busy back then and my weekends were packed. I just didn't have the time to sit down and read.

What happened to the Malfoys in DH was really sad. The fact that they associated themselves with the Death Eaters & Voldemort is really a recipe for disaster. I'm just glad they were able to walk away from it all in the end (and lived).

Old 01-13-2017, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lindsay - You're welcome.

Greysjolex - I understood why he did too. He still loved his family. And I'm glad in the end it was shown they realized the mistakes they made. I kinda loved them walking off together.

I would never judge as I do that with fics too. So glad you loved Pound of Flesh.

I will definitely let you know.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:15 AM
Moderator Manager

Hang on, I think I was recommended to read The Symmetrical Transit. I probably should start reading that.

+

Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I think I recommended it to you.

That looks like it actually happened.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:21 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm sure you did. And because I enjoyed TF, I would really like to start reading that already. Good thing I am in a fic reading mood lately.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top