Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2015, 10:37 AM
New Fan

Harry Potter Music Thread

I thought there should be a thread for this! I looked for one but I couldn't find it...if there is already a thread could a moderator please help and move this post?

Anyway I love all the music for Harry Potter. What are everyone's favorite tracks from the movies and scenes with music?? Anybody like wizard rock too?

Also I don't know if these belong in the fan video thread, but I made these videos wondering what it would have been like if John Williams did the music for Harry Potter 4-8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtnL...ewovSKPU4Q1dm4

And this one wasn't allowed on YouTube but it's The Forbidden Forest and full King's Cross scene from Deathly Hallows 2 with John Williams music: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1...RSLXJhMFE/view

mrbellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Hello and thanks for the new thread. Yes we don't have a thread for the music from the movies so thanks for opening one.

I like the music used by Desplat in DH. Preferably the music used during Snape's memories in DH2. It was sad but used very well in the movie.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

At this very moment it's 'Statues' off the last movie's soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat

But the soundtracks of HP movies have always been SO great.
Mazza d'Evill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Moderator Manager

That's just wow, Mascha. Desplat coming on to make the music for HP is just wonderful.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

I totally hadn't realized Desplat wrote the music for these movies until very recently.
I LOVE the music he wrote for The Imitation Game, and I really hope he's gonna do many more movies I love

This guy is capable of raising a movie to the next level using music, it's not just background, his music is connected to each movie in a way not too many composers can achieve

(Yes, I'm a soundtrack nerd, usually the music is what gets me emotionally sucked into a movie )
Mazza d'Evill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Moderator Manager

I didn't know he did the music for The Imitation Game (I still haven't seen that movie). Do you know of other movies where he did the music?

Old 12-29-2016, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm trying to think of my favorite HP movie with the best score... Gobblets of Fire stands out b/c that movie had a choir in a scene
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top