Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2015, 04:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I think (just my opinion) she's really done writing the HP books and want to try other avenues. It doesn't bother me that it's only in the UK since it's a play (I still haven't been to Broadway which sucks, it's in my Bucket List). I think it's great if it would be either a movie or a book but she's already doing Fantastic Beasts (movie). Maybe in the future, who knows?
I agree with you, though she does keep adding facts to make them a part of the Harry Potter universe and then she's come up with this play. I think it's best she step away from the Harry Potter universe for a while and focus on other things.

I still wish I could see the play, though. I just read SS/PS the other day, and honestly was incredibly curious about Harry's life in between the first and second chapters.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Moderator Manager

I know what you mean about wanting to see this and make it available for everyone to see, like a book for everyone to read. I'm curious about what the story for this will be. We know very little, only that it's not a prequel.

Tickets in the UK will go on sale this autumn. I think this will be sold out pretty fast.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I can definitely see it becoming sold out pretty quickly.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Moderator Manager

And hopefully we get cast announcements soon.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hopefully, it'd be nice to know who will play a young Harry.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
It’s been a little over a month since we received confirmation that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child would be the title of the new play coming to the Palace Theatre. The play, with a new story developed by J.K. Rowling, has many fans eagerly anticipating more information and the chance to buy tickets. Today, we got one step closer!

Those who signed up for notifications on the play’s website were sent an email today confirming that they were now “priority members” and would have the first chance to buy tickets before they go on sale to the general public. Tickets will be available this fall, and the show will open summer 2016.

Hopefully, this email means we will be getting more information, including show dates, very soon!
Priority members confirmed for “Cursed Child” ticket sales | MuggleNet

Old 08-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Max Weitzenhoffer, co-owner of the Palace Theatre in the U.K., gave a few new tidbits about the upcoming Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play, including that tickets will be on sale sometime in October, casting has not begun yet, and that quite a bit special effects is expected for the production.

Of particular note, Weitzenhoffer said:

• Tickets for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be available starting this October (around the 19th, apparently)
• It has been written specifically for the stage, and Rowling is producing it with Warner Bros, along with Sonia Friedman Productions
• Casting has not yet begun
• The Palace Theatre will have a 'big presence' with Harry Potter products, throughout the concession stands, and this will include products from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Harry Potter film series from Warner Bros.
• Sets will be put into the Palace Theatre two months before it opens to the public next summer
• There will be 'serious special effects' for the show
• Author J.K. Rowling wants 100 seats per night for ALL shows to be available for children who can not afford tickets for the Palace Theatre (which seats 1,400)
• He expects press and publicity will be humungous for the opening next summer, and expects cast from the film series to attend
• He believes that the play will come to New York City/Broadway
Video: 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' tix available October, will have special effects - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 08-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for sharing this, Lindsay!

It would be great if it went to Broadway.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Moderator Manager

How long does rehearsals for a play usually take place? And we still have no casting announcements yet.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Cursed Child is someone we know already!!!!

Old 08-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

37.5% it's Ron
37.5% it's Hermione
25% it's a classmate from Harry's year

Only my prediction, that is all.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I seriously doubt its Ron or Hermione. Their story is played out. It has to be someone who we know not very much about. Who ever it is Harry is included into THEIR story and their journey. Teddy Lupin? OMG if its Teddy I will die!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Great theories Bec. I'm kind of hoping that the Cursed Child is one of the Potter kids or Teddy Lupin (just cause he has a similar/shared experience from Harry).

Funny article on Mashable as they posted tweets of people starting to theorize after that tweet.

J.K. Rowling drops hints about the identity of the 'Cursed Child' in upcoming Harry Potter play

Old 08-22-2015, 04:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I seriously doubt its Ron or Hermione. Their story is played out. It has to be someone who we know not very much about. Who ever it is Harry is included into THEIR story and their journey. Teddy Lupin? OMG if its Teddy I will die!
While I'd like it to be Teddy Lupin or one of Harry's children, the writers did state that the setting for the play is between chapter one and two of Sorcerer's Stone. This means it has to take place between 2nd November 1981 and 22nd June 1991.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah so then it could just be himself then. Petunia and Vernon deciding what to do with him all the while trying to keep his 'curse' hidden and repressed from the world as conservative muggles tend to do with anything unusual. It could be a just a tale about us as a society and how kids like Harry need to thrive to better us all in the end. And if not given those opportunities to be themselves we all suffer as a result.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top