Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gavrock
Hello people!

I found out today that PoA has been given an M15+ rating, because of horror themes. Considering that the target audience for the movie is below 15, this was a bit suprising.
I read that to. But also that Village Roadshow was trying to challenge it. IMO it'll prob come down to a M rating...which is pretty much just a PG anyways...
Old 06-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by chuppa_chup
Ohhhh YAY! Even better! This way I won't have to tape it. I don't like to watch those making of's before I see the movie, because I find it's like reading spoilers. Although in this case I know what's going to happen in genearl anyways ...but I've been soo tempted to read spoilers so far and I'm holding out...*chants to self* only 6 days to go

Thanks for that tho!
Yeah, I'm cautious about watching them for that reason too, Bec. However I felt the last one was relatively spolier free since they edit the interviews pretty heavily so as not to give anything too big away. It's just the new scenes you have to be careful of.
Haha, you're doing a good job.

I just found out that the behind the scenes thing will air today for those with cable, on Fox 8 @ 5:30pm today. I'm gonna be weak and watch it.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 06-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Ooh, spoling friends is the ultimate crime! Actually I'm gonna have to keep myself from spoiling my best friend. She won't get to see the movie till the Friday night 'cause she has exams through Thursday and Friday. I know It'll be so tempting to let something slip.

Thanks so much for the heads up on the special, Katie! Weee, just like last year. I'll check my guide to make sure its a national thing.
My friend's a big HP fan and Auror like me, so i know that if i find out something juicy, she wants me to tell her! I'm going to see the movie with her as well next Thursday (we have an exam next weekend as well, but it's not going to be too hard, and we have our priorities ) There will be much squeeing!

No problem with the heads up. No point being selfish in things HP-related!
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 06-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe the rating. M15 in Australia.....the little kids will be upset
Other countries rated it PG

Do you agree the latest Harry Potter movie should be rated M15?

20%
Yes

80%
No

Poll from todaytonight.com.au

Last edited by -Kelly-; 06-04-2004 at 10:53 PM
Old 06-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Question: why did Tassie get it before us? Anyone know?

QLDers -- we get the making of PoA at 12:30pm tomorrow (Sunday)

Old 06-05-2004, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by trash addict
My friend's a big HP fan and Auror like me, so i know that if i find out something juicy, she wants me to tell her! I'm going to see the movie with her as well next Thursday (we have an exam next weekend as well, but it's not going to be too hard, and we have our priorities ) There will be much squeeing!

No problem with the heads up. No point being selfish in things HP-related!
Priorities. Nothing was gonna stop me from seeing this movie the day it came out either. Hope you have yourselves a great time. I'm sure you will.

I'm in agreeance there.
Speaking of which, hopefully those with cable were able to see my annoucement about it airing on Fox 8 today.

It was just like last years "Making of". Alfonso's quite a character. He's very excitable. I won't go into much more detail except to say, it lots of great interviews with cast and crew and a snippets of some really great new scenes.

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
I can't believe the rating. M15 in Australia.....the little kids will be upset
Other countries rated it PG

Do you agree the latest Harry Potter movie should be rated M15?

20%
Yes

80%
No

Poll from todaytonight.com.au
Kel ~ Interesting poll. The M15+ rating doesn't mean the kids can't see it though. It's just a recommendation. Kids can still see MA15+ if accompanied by a parent too. I actually think the higher rating might be a good thing. There's a great deal of supernatural/disturbing themes through this movie. If they wnet ahead and released it as PG, imagine the complaints from parents who were lead to believe it was ok to show their younger kids. At least now parents will be more aware. They've been warned that they might want to reconsider taking their younger children along.

ETA: Just wondering if anyone's heard anything from Tina (~*coconut ice*~)? She hasn't posted at her regular threads in quite a while.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 06-05-2004 at 03:34 AM
Old 06-05-2004, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good question Sarah

True Kat
Old 06-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I just found out that the behind the scenes thing will air today for those with cable, on Fox 8 @ 5:30pm today. I'm gonna be weak and watch it. [/B]
Nooooo! Here I was being good, staying off the computer and studying for my exams...and I miss your post about the Making of HP! I could've taped it cos I would've been at work anyway

Do you know if they're going to repeat it? Good to know it wasn't very spolierish...it's taking all my will power
Old 06-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nooooo! Here I was being good, staying off the computer and studying for my exams...and I miss your post about the Making of HP! I could've taped it cos I would've been at work anyway

Do you know if they're going to repeat it? Good to know it wasn't very spolierish...it's taking all my will power
Aww, bugger. Don't worry though. Just checked the Foxtel guide and it is repeated. It was on at 10am this morning, but it's on again tonight at 6:30pm and tomorrow (Monday) at 10am. Good luck catching it, Bec!

icon by *Evie
Old 06-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Aww, bugger. Don't worry though. Just checked the Foxtel guide and it is repeated. It was on at 10am this morning, but it's on again tonight at 6:30pm and tomorrow (Monday) at 10am. Good luck catching it, Bec!
Yay! Thanks heaps! I have to work 2nite, but I'll be sure to catch it 2moro!

Did anyone get the Herald Sun today? Had a nice poster of Harry and some tidbits in there including an interview with Robbie Coltrane & Alfonso C. (can't spell his last name )
Old 06-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

It was just like last years "Making of". Alfonso's quite a character. He's very excitable. I won't go into much more detail except to say, it lots of great interviews with cast and crew and a snippets of some really great new scenes.

I feel like I've seen all the good bits in the movie now. Between that show, and trailers, and *cough*readingeveryspoilericomeacross*cough*, i don't know, i'm a bit worried. Not that that fact is going to stop me from watching my tape of it every day til thursday.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Did anyone get the Herald Sun today? Had a nice poster of Harry.
I'm so sad, I yelled out "YAY!" when I found it in the paper today. I wish it was one of the trio, that would have been cool. I was just devouring everything I could in the paper today to do with Harry Potter, I'm going Potter mad not being able to see it and have everyone talk in spoiler code on other threads, LOL!

Thursday could *not* get here any quicker. I'm dragging my nan and cousin along with me to see it on the day, and then I'm going to see it again on the weekend with my friend. Hee!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 06-06-2004, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
I'm so sad, I yelled out "YAY!" when I found it in the paper today. I wish it was one of the trio, that would have been cool.
Me 2, or one of just H/Hr hehehe but obviously not everyone would've liked that (don't wanna start a ship war!)

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
Thursday could *not* get here any quicker.
Definately! My friends and I take up a whole row in the cinemas 10 18yo's all in a row watching HP...
Old 06-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

Definately! My friends and I take up a whole row in the cinemas 10 18yo's all in a row watching HP...
i don't have enough HP-obsessed friends to take up a whole row! at least, i don't have more than 2 who are nerdy enough to go on opening day!

I'm so obsessed I got up at 6am to watch sunrise and then the story wasn't on til 7:40. but i got it taped. more scenes, and little interviews.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by trash addict

I'm so obsessed I got up at 6am to watch sunrise and then the story wasn't on til 7:40. but i got it taped. more scenes, and little interviews.
Bugger I forgot! But I think I value my sleep to much and even if I did remember, and set an alarm, as soon as it went off I would've decided that sleep was more important.

Quote:
It was the Tony awards on...? But I checked the foxtel guide anyways, and it says its on 10am next Monday (14th). Which in a way works out good with my whole "don't wanna watch Making of before movie" thing.