Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Granger Geeks: She's the most wonderful person we've ever met. We couldv'e kissed her

Brunette, bushy-haired and formerly bucktoothed, Hermione was at first a bossy know-it-all who irritated Ron and Harry tremendously, that is until a shared traumatic experience with a troll. After that, she became an appreciated and vital part of "the trio". Though often referred to as "the brain" of the outfit, she is also "the glue" that holds the three of them together (especially when Ron and Harry fight) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hermione was born to muggle parents who happened to be both dentists, oblivious to the excistence of the wizarding world until the arrival of her letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But her muggle upbringing did not hinder her from being the top of her class, knowing charms above her level, and casting jinxes that even highly trained witches can't counter.

As the best student Hogwarts has seen for many a year, she can be uptight about rules and school work, she often chastised Harry and Ron's constant and often careless rule-breaking. But although she has "loosened up" a great deal in recent years, she has kept a good head on her shoulders. Now, she doesn't hessitate to "bend" a few rules if she knows it's necessary for a good cause. She has also developed a social conscience. During her fourth year she makes great humanitarian efforts towards house elf liberation.

Quote:
"It's S-P-E-W. Stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare."
"I was going to put Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status - but it wouldn't fit..."
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
- GOF ch20
The years have been kind to her as well. Though oftentimes dismissed by Ron and Harry as "one of the boys" by her fourth year, she has proven that she is indeed a pretty GIRL,
Quote:
"Hermione, Neville's right - you are a girl. . . ."
Ron, GOF ch22
=======================================================
Krum was at the front of the party, accompanied by a pretty girl in blue robes Harry didn't know.
His eyes fell instead on the girl next to Krum. His jaw dropped.
It was Hermione.
But she didn't look like Hermione at all. She had done something with her hair; it was no longer bushy but sleek and shiny, and twisted up into an elegant knot at the back of her head. She was wearing robes made of a floaty, periwinkle-blue material, and she was holding herself differently, somehow - or maybe it was merely the absence of the twenty or so books she usually had slung over her back. She was also smiling - rather nervously, it was true - but the reduction in the size of her front teeth was more noticeable than ever; Harry couldn't understand how he hadn't spotted it before.
- GOF ch23
catching the attention of famous international Quidditch superstar, Triwizard champion and hero of the Quidditch World Cup, Viktor Krum.
Quote:
"I vant to know," he (Krum) said, glowering, "vot there is between you and Hermy-own-ninny."
He (Harry) couldn't quite believe he was having this conversation with Viktor Krum, the famous International Quidditch player. It was as though the eighteen-year-old Krum thought he., Harry, was an equal - a real rival -
- GOF ch28
'He didn't only want to be your pen-pal,' said Ron accusingly.
OoTP ch16
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Well, since we're on the subject of Hermione's "lovelife"...

[img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] The lives and loves of Ms. Hermione Granger [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img]
Quote:
"I've been asked this by so many people. It's so embarrassing. 'Ah, so you're going out with Daniel?' 'No.' 'Ah, so you have the hots for Rupert?' 'No.' I think I'm going to be single and I think Hermione will wind up single. I do."
- Emma Watson
I'm sorry, but we have to disagree with that, now, don't we?
*wink*

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Hermione ships [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img]
As "the heroine" of the series and basically the only girl around tons of available guys, Hermione became known as "the most shippable" HP character. Fans have been known to read and re-read the books numerous times and spot these so-called "Hermione's shippy moments"

There's
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Justin Finch-Fletchey
"And you're Hermione Granger, always top in everything"
Terry Boot
"With a mind like yours, you should be in Ravenclaw"
Oliver Wood
He could have kissed her."
Neville Longbottom
"She's always been really nice, helping him out with work and stuff- "
"Professor" Remus J. Lupin
"You're the cleverest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione."
Viktor Krum
He'd never felt the same way about anyone else.

But the most popular thus far is pairing her with everyone's favorite blonde, brunette, and redhead.
[img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]

Professor Severus Snape
"Miss Granger, HOLD YOUR TONGUE!" [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

====================================================================

[img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Emma Watson [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img]

Ms. Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson's first foray into the world of professional acting came at the tender age of 10, when she made her superb debut in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, though her natural ability has been evident since an early age with highly praised performances in several school productions.

Inspite of her inexperience as a professional actor and the fact that it's often said she's "too cute" to play the "supposedly" plain Hermione, Emma portrayed her adorably, making it possible for us all to see a litle of ourselves in her character, and earning rave reviews from critics and fans alike.

TRIVIA: Although she played the part of bosy know-it-all quite effectively onscreen, in real life, Emma is a bit shy.

Quote:
KNEBWORTH, England -- Emma Watson can seem so poised, so self-possessed that it's hard to remember she's only 11 years old.
Until, that is, she is seen stepping outside for a walk and a quick cry,
taking a break from dozens of media interviews scheduled back-to-back for two days.
She answered questions with perfectly polished paragraphs and seemed to brim with confidence.
"It's nice that it comes across like that. Really, inside I'm shaking my head off," she says, her dark blonde hair freed from the twin braids she wore earlier.
see full story

source: Toronto Sun
article: "Hermione: Watson poised for stardom" by Claire Bickley
Quote:
it was Emma's birthday the other day and we were doing a great hall scene - and suddenly all the lights went out and we all broke into "Happy Birthday" bless her - she was so embarrassed! and someone came in with a huge cake! I've never seen anyone go so red!
-Chris Rankin

told on his official site
also told in
BBCi: Norfolk Kids; article: Potter party for COS DVD launch

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Granger Geeks [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

A - Addicted to love, ABG (Kieu), /./ Aya /./, (Nellie), Ashli (Ashley), **Andrea**, *antarian angel*, Anoel, AI: Momo (Joey)

B - blueangel (Din), BuffyAngelFan04 (Jessie), Bookish Hermione (Amanda), belotien, Bloody Brilliant, Butters (Kel), *Ben* (Ben), **Benji's Trucka Hat** (Emm), b r o k e n

C - Cate, Clash City Rocker (Layne), Canadian_Moocow (Mel), Candy_Auror, *Catie*, Cold-Blooded Piece of Toast, ++Clara++, Cleveland Rocks, CherryChica87,

D - DCDevotee (Siobhán), Dreaming Liz (Ann), dixieland_dreamer (Jenna)

E - Emilydc (Emily0), Eme, Eyes on Jackie, Eowyn_Evenstar

F - fingerless (Amy)

G - guerinschick (Lisa}, *Ginger Laura* (Laura)

H - Heero Yuy (Lukas), *He_stole_my_heart* (Nye)

I - IMwierdINaGOODway??, ickleGRASSHOPPER (Erika), In Fair Verona (Sibby), Intrceptr350, igloo155,

J - Just Tracy (Tracy)

K - KervyQT16 (Mandy), KatieHolmes1981 (Amanda), Kat B,

L - Lightstar Angel (Shar), legolasbloom, *Ledi* (Ledi), Llei (Nikki), Lizzie1986 (Liz), Lilstarzz

M - Marauder's Child (Sadé), Mina Potter, Moaning_Myrtle, mnlfan, MichaelVartanIsSexy

N - **nzchick** (Cindy), Neila (Ellie), Natalyly, NYCity Boy, *_*Nanda*_*

O - Occie/Caleniawen (Divya, OrlandoNYC (Orlando)

P - Pure Bliss (Ashley), PokeyOoOky, platelet (Sara), *Pixie Dreamer* (Kik)

R - rOsWeLlBABY, Rodneyz, Rain Sierra (Heather), *Rianna*)(Rianna)

S - scabbers9 (Jo), Siobhán, *¤*sami*¤*, sirenashbee (Ashlee), Squishy, Sallyna,

T - The Verbi (Liam), Tinúviel (Eli),

V - **Vilandra** (Lisa)

W - waking empty

X - X5 101

ooohkay, so I actually alphabetized the list... is that a bad thing?
[img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Yes, I. AM. A. GEEK., I thought we already established that
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
But seriously, this is convenient!
If you want to contact a fellow Geek, all you have to do is click on his/her username & voila! You'll have access to his/her e-mail, icq#, AIM, yahoo or msn sn [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] How cool is that?!
Plus this actually makes the opening post a little shorter, which is a good thing because more people would probably read it, that is, based on studies of short attention spans!
[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]
If your name isn't linked to your profile, well, that just means that you haven't been active enough here lately or I can't find you anywhere
[img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
If you want to be added to the list of Granger Geeks, e-mail mailto:MaraudersChild@TempestWolf.comMaraudersChild@TempestWolf.com</A> , and if you can, please include how you would like us to refer to you and a link to your profile page, so I don't have to search for it.
thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

such an honor it is...

Acknowlegements:
special thanks to BuffyAngelFan04 (Jessie), Just Tracy (Tracy), scabbers9 (Jo), and Ashley_316 for the banners

And most specially, thanks to the wonderful beautiful and über cool Sadé aka Marauder's Child for the blood, sweat and tears she has shed to make this fabulous intro
hem hem... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] *winkitty wink* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-13-2004: Message edited Marauder's Child ]
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 12-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Uhmmmm... title inspired by:

Ron Weasley quote:
'Hermione, you are honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met,' said Ron weakly, 'and if I'm ever rude to you again -'
- OoTP

and the Oliver Wood bit:
He could have kissed her."
- PoA

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

If I coul've gotten away with it, the title would've been:

Granger Geeks: Always top in everything, she's honestly the most wonderful person & the cleverest witch we've ever met. We couldv'e kissed her

combining Justin, Ron, Remus & Oliver quotes!

I just can't help my Hermione shipping-whoreness,
- Sade [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The latest Emma pictures:
taken during the premiere of LOTR: RoTK

gosh, she's gorgeous! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.

~ Sadé
Old 12-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Passionate Fan

As a girl here I would have to say: just kiss on the cheek!!! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]

Those pics are great!
Old 12-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallyna:
<STRONG>As a girl here I would have to say: just kiss on the cheek!!! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]

Those pics are great!</STRONG>
Well, I think she's (Hermione) the most wonderful person we've ever met because she let's us rabid fangirls have our fun with Harry, Ron & Draco [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Yes, I could have kissed her... but it doesn't mean that I DID! [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
I'd rather not...

I'm a Hermione shipping-whore, but uhhhmmm... I refuse to ship her with myself, thank you very much! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

but I don't swing THAT way [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
~ Sade

~ Sadé
Old 12-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Are you people defensive or what?
Old 12-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Passionate Fan

I noticed that in a lot of her pictures, her hands are never relaxed, they're always clenched or clenching something ie her purse.

But thanks for the new pics. I like that Jacket.

I didn't know we started a new thread so fast!
Team Britney
Old 12-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Sade - Wow, great job on the new thread. It's very, very concise. I adore all the pictures. Is it just me or is the shirt she's wearing in those pictures the same one she wore to a lot of the interviews she attended for the second movie?

icon by poordeadturtle
Old 12-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes great opening post for the thread!! It must have taken you ages.

I recognise that top from some interviews she's done. But it's good to know she's a celebrity who wears clothes more than once! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 12-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Most definately. I just heard a rumor (don't know if it's true... but I wouldn't be surprised) that Britney Spears buys underwear once and then throws them away. This is even more annoying considering that her underwear is 50+ dollars. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] STUPID! But whatever.. I guess you can do whatever you want when you're super-rich.

Sade - [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just noticed, I'm on the list two times (Kawaii_Jay and lil_vixen_in_disguise). Since I'm using AI: Momo right now, could you switch it to that, if it's not too much trouble. If you don't want to, it doesn't bother me.

icon by poordeadturtle
Old 12-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

hello everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

i would just like to post a hilarious (and wonderful) pic of Emma! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] im sorry if it was posted here before, but its just too cute! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] enjoY!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

they are good pics Marauder's Child.
Im a Cute little #196
Old 12-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrceptr350:
<STRONG>I noticed that in a lot of her pictures, her hands are never relaxed, they're always clenched or clenching something ie her purse.
</STRONG>
She like´s posing too. hehehe
Old 12-19-2003, 07:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

bumping up

Gryffindor#11
Granger Geek
Ickle Ronniekin
Old 12-19-2003, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Hmm I notice this thread's been lagging a bit. So to get this thread moving here's a little something that would get your brain's in motion (Hermione would be proud)

I call it six degrees from Emma Watson.

Say What?

It's simple really. Here's an Example:

Try to connect Emma Watson with say...Jessica Alba in six steps or less if you can pull it off.

Emma Watson was in CoS with Alan Rickman(1), who worked with Kate Winslet in Sense and Sensibility(2) who was in Titanic which was directed by James Cameron(3)who Created Dark Angel which starred Jessica Alba.

Right that was done in three.

Now you guys try.

Emma Watson--&gt;Orlando Bloom

Remember in has to be in six steps or less. Good Luck!
Team Britney
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

oh, tnat's easy... well,

Emma Watson was in Harry Potter with Tom Felton
Tom Felton is in my bedroom right now, tied to a chair...
and oh, lookie! Orlando Bloom is also in my bedroom!but he's tied to my bedpost... well, that counts as a connection right? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

seriously now...

Emma Watson was in 'HP & CoS' with Jason Isaacs
Jason Isaacs was in 'Black Hawk Down' with Orlando Bloom

two degress!

*beams* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*bows down*

*is proud of herself*

~ Sadé
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top