Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely loved the movie! I really appreciate the characters, i was afraid it would be all about Newt but in the end i felt almost as if Jacob and Queenie were more endearing and it was a good thing. The niffler was the cutest thing ever

A question I had : How the hell did Grindelwald got it that wrong about Credence saying he's a squib. Surely Voldermort or even Dumbledore wouldn't have made such a mistake I was a bit disbelieving towards that fact.

Also the red herring with Modesty it annoyed me, i thought it was kinda cheap to clearly show Credence looking for something (but truly looking for it I mean he takes the hits for his sister and it's really implied he doesn't know who the obscurial is) and in the end turns out he's the obscurial.
I understand that Modesty was way too obvious but I thought they sacrificed storytelling for that shocker.

Oh and i will ship Jacob and Queenie to the very end thank you very much
Old 11-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

i cant wait to go and rewatch this movie again. i loved it so much

The Cast Of “Fantastic Beasts” Makes Pumpkin Pasties

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 11-21-2016 at 08:12 PM
Old 11-22-2016, 01:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Jen, I plan to see it again too. The movie definitely deserves another re-watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
A question I had : How the hell did Grindelwald got it that wrong about Credence saying he's a squib. Surely Voldermort or even Dumbledore wouldn't have made such a mistake I was a bit disbelieving towards that fact.
You saw it early, Clem! I think it's good that Grindelwald is so wrong about Credence. Maybe he's not as good as he thinks he is?

Quote:
Also the red herring with Modesty it annoyed me, i thought it was kinda cheap to clearly show Credence looking for something (but truly looking for it I mean he takes the hits for his sister and it's really implied he doesn't know who the obscurial is) and in the end turns out he's the obscurial.
I understand that Modesty was way too obvious but I thought they sacrificed storytelling for that shocker.
I actually found the Shaws to be the most pointless of all. I think the whole thing with the Barebones is to show how Credence was abused and forced to hide his powers which is very telling of the tone of the movie. Even I thought it was Modesty. It also probably helped with the wrong information Grindelwald is getting from Credence. Yes Mary Lou is shady but he clearly failed to see that the Obscurial was in his face the whole time. However, was it implied in the movie that Grindelwald and Newt have met before?

Quote:
Oh and i will ship Jacob and Queenie to the very end thank you very much
I just hope Jo doesn't kill them. I remember she threatened to kill off Jacob when she announced there was going to be 5 movies because she saw Dan's incredulous reaction to it. Plus it's so good not knowing their fate as compared to Newt & Tina who we all know is already canon.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 11-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Fantastic Beasts sneakily killed off a character, script reveals | EW.com

this article says that chasity (the other sister that was in the background at the sewing machine at the end) was killed. so that solved that mystery. so now we just need to find out what happens with modesty
Old 11-23-2016, 03:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
Fantastic Beasts sneakily killed off a character, script reveals | EW.com

this article says that chasity (the other sister that was in the background at the sewing machine at the end) was killed. so that solved that mystery. so now we just need to find out what happens with modesty
Thanks Jen. Hopefully we get an answer from Jo about Modesty unless that's a huge spoiler for part 2 in which case we might not get an answer at all.

David Heyman also confirmed in this interview that Graves is indeed dead and that Colin won't be part of the sequel: EXCLUSIVE: 'Fantastic Beasts' David Heyman reveals Graves' & Colin Farrell's futures in series - SnitchSeeker.com

And it's also confirmed that Credence is alive and will have a more central role in part 2: 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel's main characters will not be lead four, says David Heyman - SnitchSeeker.com

There will be a HP/FB docu on BBC Radio and it will air on November 26th 4.30pm - 5.30pm GMT on ITV.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for those updates. shame colin wont be back. i did like his character.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah me too. I thought Colin did a good job as Graves. He's so good at playing roles like that.

I also like to mention the magnificent wand fight and apparition in this movie, And did I already mention about how awesome the VFX are?

I might have teared up a little when I thought Newt was going to give away his Bowtruckle. Seriously, the Beasts were just so amazing and I'm glad that Newt is the caretaker.

Another interview with David Heyman about the movie:

Quote:
SnitchSeeker: Can you explain a bit more about the Obscurus - this new, dark entity that just came into the wizarding world?
David Heyman
: It is one of the central themes that Jo explores in all of her books, which is being true to oneself. The Obscurus, or Obscurial, is what emerges from one when one's true essence is repressed. In a world where certain people disavow magic and are scared of what it might be and the effect it might have, someone like Credence is repressed and who he is, is repressed. There comes a point when that repression bursts out. So I think it's a wonderful metaphor for all repression.

SnitchSeeker: So, we saw Dumbledore's name, we saw Grindelwald's name. There's a third familiar name that came up - Lestrange. Can you talk a bit about Zoe Kravitz's casting and how much bigger a role it will be going forward?
David Heyman
: Leta Lestrange is a character we will see in the next film. She's probably misunderstood. Not altogether a happy person. We will see her in the films to come. Clearly, as you can tell from this, there was a relationship between her and Newt, and she still holds - no pun intended - a spell over him in some way. Not literally, a spell.

SnitchSeeker: So Dumbledore's casting ...
David Heyman
: We didn't cast anybody yet.

SnitchSeeker: Will the actor be British?
David Heyman:
I suspect so. I don't know. We haven't started. We have to find the right actor. In this film, we've got some British people playing Americans, so you never know. You could have Americans playing British if they were the right people for the part. But at the moment, we haven't found anybody yet.
EXCLUSIVE: David Heyman discusses 'Fantastic Beasts' plot points, sequel, 'Cursed Child' movies - SnitchSeeker.com

^ I can't wait to see who will play the young Dumbledore. Every 30 something British actor will probably audition for this role.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for that. cant wait to see who gets casts. and to learn more about leta
Old 11-25-2016, 01:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Jo confirmed (and contrary to what Heyman was saying) that Newt will continue to be a central figure in the remaining movies:

J.K. Rowling says Newt Scamander will remain 'Fantastic Beasts' lead, despite reports - SnitchSeeker.com

I do understand if Newt won't be a central figure and if they want to focus more on Grindelwald/Dumbledore but I just want to see more of Newt, Tina, Queenie & Jacob in all of these films.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:27 AM
Passionate Fan

^ I was pleased when Jo confirmed Newt will be the hero in sequels.. Well, Harry was the hero but still we enjoyed DD/V duel and DD/V connection from past till present. I'm sure Newt will play a role in DD/G confrontation as well.

The next sequel will be in Paris I don't know how we will see Tina/Quieene and Jacob come to Paris to join the adventure. I wanna see these four together again.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Moderator Manager

And Grindelwald has some parting words for Newt too so it's not going to be the last they'll see each other, that's for sure.

Yeah, I wonder how Tina, Queenie & Jacob will get to Paris? And of course there's also going to be some Grindelwald & Dumbledore backstory and Credence will be back too.

I also want to see how Jacob will remember everything. I'm seeing gifs of that end part with Jacob on Tumblr and it's still killing me.

+

Old 11-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

was this scene in the movie? or was it just in the trailer? cuz i dont remember him saying it in the movie
Old 11-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
https://67.media.tumblr.com/3c05e004b7a5f01b88519c43937ec432/tumblr_oh9578qp381t0giw6o3_540.gif

was this scene in the movie? or was it just in the trailer? cuz i dont remember him saying it in the movie
It sadly wasnt in the movie

I am so excited to see who they cast as dumberdore ..
Old 11-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

ok i thought i was going crazy. i kept waiting to see that scene and i wasnt sure if i missed it or what.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top