Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2016, 12:18 AM
Moderator Manager

More thoughts now that I've had time for the movie to sink in.

The Niffler is actually cute but it's annoying + it's so hard to catch it. The Bowtruckle is loyal to Newt and has established a friendship with him and it's so cool it was able to help Newt escape from the MACUSA when he got caught. The Swooping Evil also is a cool beast that helped Tina to escape the MACUSA and it is also loyal to Newt. But I'd have to say the Thunderbird was really the highlight of the Beasts for me. It senses when there's danger and that end part where it flew over the NYC sky and then the rain so that all no maj will forget what happened - it was brilliant.

Also, that shot of Johnny as Grindelwald towards the end made me cringe. I think he's going to overdo being the 'villain' but hopefully I'm wrong. I think Colin Farrell should have been cast as Grindelwald. He's been excellent as Graves and I can see why he was cast for the role. He's got a good American accent and I didn't even hear a tinge of his Irish accent at all.

So my big question: Obscurials of which Credence is one. Who are the other known Obscurials? It seems to me a squib like him can be one if you've been abused for quite a long time (or Graves thought wrong and he's not a squib). Also where's the real Graves? Was he like Mad Eye Moody, trapped somewhere and Grindelwald just used his identity?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Moderator Manager

The cast is in Beijing for more FB promotions. More pics here: Photos: 'Fantastic Beasts' cast, crew attend China press conference; new TV, press interviews - SnitchSeeker.com

Cast will start filming July 2017 for part 2:

Quote:
ScreenSlam: Do you plan on doing the other ones?
David Yates
: Well, I’m making the next one now, so we’re in preproduction. We start shooting in July. That’s going to take me a couple of years – we’ll be back here in two years’ time presenting it. I want to carry on working on them in some shape or form because I love the people I’m working with. It’s inspiring and exciting to be working with these people.

Will I direct more of them? I think I may. I don’t know yet. There such big endeavors, one can only look at one at a time, really. That’s what you have to do. I’m excited about the next one. It’s very different to the first one. The next one is like a dream. It’s quite dark and interesting and lyrical, and very different to the first one. It’s a testament to Jo as a writer that she’s not repeating herself. She’s stretching for something that feels much more unusual, actually. So for me, as a filmmaker, that’s exciting.

Of course it’s got the narrative continuity, so Newt and all the characters come back and they go through an adventure of sorts, but it just feels very different. And that’s what excites me. I suspect Jo will, as she develops these stories, she doesn’t want to repeat herself either, so they’ll all feel a little different as we move along. I hope so anyway.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Wow this movie was sooooo amazing the best i loved every moment of it

Points anyone notice the stuff at the stuff the newpaper stuff?.. it said trawlerny as in thr professor ?

And the first bit with geindwald was he attacking the school?

Wow i loved everything about this movie eddies so perfect i just love him so much

I lovw queenie .. shes so cute jacob awesome .. i didnt mind tina but she wasnt a fav

I love the animals when he yells at them not to hurt his animals i felt his pain (animal lover)

The ministry in americas cool have to say this at that point in time shes an African black women in charge i thought that was cool ..

Also it was a lot darkee than i thought its not a kids movie
Old 11-20-2016, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Yay Petra you've finally seen it!

I missed that thing in the newspaper! Trelawney? Maybe a relative of Prof. Trelawney? The producers have said that part 2 will be darker and will feature more of Grindelwald. Btw, they did a Donna Noble on Jacob.

After reading the reviews, the Lestrange woman is named Leta (who will feature in part 2). She is close to Newt and we'll probably get more background on their relationship for the next movie. Also, some are saying that Credence is still alive. And Ariana Dumbledore is an Obscurial because she has a lot of things that happened to her happen to Credence too.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yay Petra you've finally seen it!

I missed that thing in the newspaper! Trelawney? Maybe a relative of Prof. Trelawney? The producers have said that part 2 will be darker and will feature more of Grindelwald. Btw, they did a Donna Noble on Jacob.

After reading the reviews, the Lestrange woman is named Leta (who will feature in part 2). She is close to Newt and we'll probably get more background on their relationship for the next movie. Also, some are saying that Credence is still alive. And Ariana Dumbledore is an Obscurial because she has a lot of things that happened to her happen to Credence too.
yes i saw it ! it was sooo wonderful

i hope ezra and colin come back they played their characters so well

was Ariana Dumbledore in it???

and yes estrange so important ... so manyhiints i swear!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved this movie so much. It totally lived up to my expectations. The entire cast were perfection.

Question: Was Grindiwald always Graves -MACUSA under a spell to believe he was always a member of the Auror squad (like Delphi's memory spell in Cursed Child where she tricked Cedric's dad) or was the real Graves at some point killed and Grindlwald polyjuiced into him?

Can't wait for the second instalment!
Old 11-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

i really did good and avoided reading the spoilers for this. i loved the movie but i found the johnny plot twist kinda predictable. (mad-eye mooney anyone?) i think it was the haircut and i had a feeling colin was going to be evil. i never trusted him.

the scene in central park when tina was on the bridge watching newt and jacob trying to catch the rhino looking beast i saw newt catch him in the suitcase but did they show the two of them get into the case and her capturing them to take them back to the ministry?

also what happens to credence's sister modesty ? did she have powers or not? and what happens to the other dark hair girl that was there too who was sewing at the desk? is she still alive?

i loved all the wonderful creatures in the movie. but i think there was too many in the movie. maybe could have saved some of them for the next movie.

queenie/jacob was my fav. they were just so sweet and lovable
Old 11-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
i really did good and avoided reading the spoilers for this. i loved the movie but i found the johnny plot twist kinda predictable. (mad-eye mooney anyone?) i think it was the haircut and i had a feeling colin was going to be evil. i never trusted him.

the scene in central park when tina was on the bridge watching newt and jacob trying to catch the rhino looking beast i saw newt catch him in the suitcase but did they show the two of them get into the case and her capturing them to take them back to the ministry?

also what happens to credence's sister modesty ? did she have powers or not? and what happens to the other dark hair girl that was there too who was sewing at the desk? is she still alive?

i loved all the wonderful creatures in the movie. but i think there was too many in the movie. maybe could have saved some of them for the next movie.

queenie/jacob was my fav. they were just so sweet and lovable
I dont think it showed them going back into the case but you see her see the case and sit on it thats how she catches them ..

Yer i avoided the all the spoilers this movie was soo good very different to what i had in mind ..

Also the twist wasnt 100% surprising but i was superised to see Johnny depp in the movie i thought he would be in the next movie .

And to the sisters u have no idea what happens to them ???

Queenie i loved her , jacob was great and newt i love eddied his the best .. tina was ok shes not a fav ..

So do we all think jacob remembered queenie?
Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sorry Dp to

Baileycat some say that 5hey did a moody thing where his body might be locked away
Old 11-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah tina was my least fav character

yes i think when queenie kissed jacob she did something that he remembers memories but doenst know who they are or why.. i was so happy to see her in his bakery at the end

Quote:
And to the sisters u have no idea what happens to them ???
no i have no idea what happened to the sisters and do they have magic too? or just the brother? cuz graves said his dream was after a young child. we assumed it was modesty
Old 11-20-2016, 11:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
yeah tina was my least fav character

yes i think when queenie kissed jacob she did something that he remembers memories but doenst know who they are or why.. i was so happy to see her in his bakery at the end

no i have no idea what happened to the sisters and do they have magic too? or just the brother? cuz graves said his dream was after a young child. we assumed it was modesty
My sistee said maybe the animal bit make him remember?
Old 11-21-2016, 01:50 AM
Moderator Manager

Yay Jen finally saw the movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
was Ariana Dumbledore in it???
No she wasn't but I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the future films if we'll be getting a younger Dumbledore. She was abused by Muggles when she was 6 years old and remember that Newt mentioned that an Obsucrial can die before they reach age 10. There's a lot of similarities as to what happened to her and Credence so maybe she was one too. We just didn't get it in the movies as obviously Ariana is dead by the time HP was born.

Quote:
So do we all think jacob remembered queenie?
Yes, I'm positive he'll remember Queenie. Remember in Doctor Who, when Amy can't remember Rory but the Doctor said if a thing manifests itself, he CAN remember (like the wedding ring). While the spell worked, if some memory is triggered, I think Jacob will remember everything.

Quote:
Remember the real Graves isn't evil. He was only evil because it was Grindelwald and he was focused on Modesty that he didn't know (and us) that Credence is an Obscurial.

Quote:
Hmmm, I don't think they did. Continuity error?

Quote:
I thought Modesty was a red herring? So we can all think she was the child that Graves was looking for when it was really Credence? She probably has witchy powers, just that she's not the Obscurial that Graves (or rather Grindelwald) was looking for.

Quote:
I actually didn't feel that the Beasts were too crowded, in fact they only focused on 4: the Niffler, Thunderbird, Bowtruckle & Swooping Evil which all had important plots in the movie. The rest of them we can forget.

Old 11-21-2016, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Sorry Dp to

Baileycat some say that 5hey did a moody thing where his body might be locked away
Hmm, I don't know why he'd risk keeping him alive. Voldemort wouldn't do that. So if Gilderwald is as evil as him, Graves was already dead. So I like the theory that it's similar to what Delphi did in Cursed Child. Graves was never really existed.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched it Saturday and it was alright. It didn't have the wizarding world feel, like at all.

I'm gutted they didn't go in more depth with Grindelwald, but i'm hoping they do it in the future films. They just sort of threw him in like "He's a dark wizard because he's dark." I'm looking forward to some flashbacks of where he tried to convince Dumbledore to join him.

But other than those pitfalls, it was great. I loved the whole premise and the beasts were cute.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
We never saw Newt and Jacob get in, but we saw Tina rush over to the case and sit on it just before she took it back to the Ministry, so we can assume that they got in it between re-capturing the beast and Tina finding the case.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top