Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, it just seems like yesterday they were filming and now they're pretty much wrapped up!

Can't wait to see all the promotion!
Old 02-02-2016, 02:30 AM
Moderator Manager

Here's a breakdown of the BTS from SS:

Photos: 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' first on-set feature screencaps breakdown - SnitchSeeker.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

Maybe I'll register so I can see it

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Highlight reel (OMG the fans, I love us Potterheads ) :

And a casting rumor: 'Fantastic Beasts' film casts Jon Voight's son, Senator Henry Shaw, Seraphina rumored - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 02-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

That looks like so much fun!!! I'm so stoked for the movies!!!!

Old 02-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Eddie has wrapped filming (not sure for the others) so the behind the scenes stuff is going on right now and then... promotions! I wonder if they will have a panel for July's SDCC?

Old 02-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

Behind the scenes like all the editing and effects adding? I'd love to view some of that in the making!!

Old 02-05-2016, 02:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Yep, sound editing, cutting of scenes, etc. But I doubt that they're really done yet cause last I checked they're still casting (at least the minor roles).

Old 02-05-2016, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

You know a movie will be amazing when they take their time on it

Old 02-06-2016, 06:30 AM
Moderator Manager

Good read. Highlighted the parts I found interesting.

Quote:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is the more internationally-known of the upcoming Harry Potter-related projects, and is only tangentially related to the bespectacled teenage wizard who was the central focus of the original series. Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne), the author of one of Harry’s school textbooks, is the protagonist of this adventure, which will take fans of the wizarding world on a trip to New York. Being so far removed from both the time and the locale of the original Harry Potter books, Fantastic Beasts can’t fall back on familiar characters in the same way that, for example, Star Wars: The Force Awakens was able to. This will be the first real test of whether moviegoing audiences are truly attached to the world that Harry and his friends lives in, or if they were only sticking around to find out what happened to their favorite characters.

Assuming that it really is the world of wands and brooms and Hippogriffs that people are invested in, Fantastic Beasts may spell out the future of the Harry Potter franchise – a future that could be milked financially and creatively for many years to come, while at the same time leaving the series’ original star free to go off and make films in which he plays a farting corpse (no, really). In 2016, the name of the game for movie franchises is shared universes; Marvel Studios has proven that the model can work, Warner Bros. is adopting it for its slate of DC movies, and Fox has cobbled together something along similar lines with its main X-Men titles and offshoots like Deadpool and Gambit (not to mention the multiple Wolverine spinoffs).

It might sound cynical to say that Warner Bros. is going to do everything within its power to milk the Harry Potter franchise dry, but really it’s a win-win situation for Harry Potter fans. After all, in order for any continuation to be successful, it has to be good enough to win over both hardcore fans and general audiences. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was originally planned as its own movie trilogy, but it’s also the canary in the coal mine. If this movie, which isn’t based on any of the main Harry Potter novels, can succeed in getting audiences engaged in a brand new story and hero, then Warner Bros. can really cut loose and get more creative with the future of the franchise. And with Rowling still engaged and apparently eager to offer more stories set in the world she created, the studio has a valuable resource at its disposal.

The question, then, is what direction the next Harry Potter spinoff could take. Perhaps a magical sports movie based on Quidditch Through the Ages (the idea of a fantasy equivalent to Cool Runnings is certainly intriguing). Alternatively, since Harry’s future is already being explored in The Cursed Child, there could be a movie (or even a TV series) that skews younger and follows his early career as an Auror. The story of the initial war against Voldemort is another avenue that could be explored. There’s also the potential for a historical fantasy about the founders of Hogwarts, or a prequel about young Albus Dumbledore and his initial friendship with his eventual nemesis, Grindelwald, or perhaps a trip to Hogwarts in the 1970s for an anarchic high school adventure about the Marauders. The possibilities are pretty much endless, especially once you remove Harry himself as a prerequisite.

One thing is certain: if Fantastic Beasts proves to be even a modest success, the Harry Potter franchise could return to its role as a box office powerhouse amid a slate that’s quickly filling up with superhero movies. Of course, that would also mean that the biggest box office contenders for the foreseeable future would be superheroes, Jedi and wizards, which might be too much nerdiness to handle.
The Harry Potter Franchise May Be On The Verge Of a Major Comeback - Page 2

Old 02-06-2016, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

That's exciting. Maybe it won't end with fantastic beasts

Old 02-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

I got a copy of the book. It's less than 200 pages so I'll be done reading this today.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Oh nice. I still need to get it .

That is a shorter book

Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Moderator Manager

So I finished it before going to bed last night. Good thing I have no work today but read it in 3 hours.

In my opinion, I don't think you need to read this book to understand the movie since it's literally just a text book. But it's mostly a guide to the beasts in the wizarding world. Newt has very extensive knowledge of it. We only saw a few in the movies: cornish pixies, troll, dragons, centaurs, phoenix, etc. There are TONS more. There are a number of creatures there that I'd like to see in the movie. Tomorrow I'll post here one beast that I'd like to see. Also the book is funny with a lot of little side notes by Ron.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Ooh I want to read it for the side notes

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top