Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Moderator Manager

I understand what you mean. Although with DH (splitting it into 2) was also a money making move if you think about it. We could've had just one movie that spanned 2.5 hours long.

I will still support this project though as JKR will be writing the screenplay since this is obviously her baby. I can't wait!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I think money will always be a welcomed result, obviously, but if Jo is involved, I have faith that it will be a good movie. And I personally can't wait to see it.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Same. As long as JKR is involved, I will support it. Having it in the hands of someone else is unacceptable.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Yea, nobody would make it as good as Jo.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Moderator Manager

And I'm glad that she's the one writing it and not someone else. I understand her reasons for wanting to do it herself since it's her world.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romione4ever (View Post)
Ι don't know why but i'm not even a tiny bit excited about this project. Perhaps is because in my eyes it seems more as an effort for more money and to please the American fellows by connecting a british legacy like Harry Potter with their culture.

I just find the whole project too money-focused and without heart, just like Hobbit which was such a horrible film followed by a slighty better but still bad sequel and all that in an effort to gain more money by using LoTR.
I understand what you're saying and partially i agree. I was very excited when i learned about this new project, but when i saw that it takes place in New York it ruined it for me. I too thought that it's all about money.

But isn't Hollywood all about money anyways? Is there a single movie made in Hollywood that happened not in gaining profit but for the sake of the art? Not a single one. Every movie is after profit.
It would be hypocritical to say that the Harry Potter movies were made to give the fans the opportunity to see their beloved characters in life. No, it was all about money. That's the force that make things happen. Studios got rich, JKR got rich, producers, actors, everyone involved got rich, and we the fans had the opportunity to see our favourite books into movies. They gain money, we gain the product. It's always like this.

Now, i understand your fear comparing how the Hobbit movies are ruining the LoTR legend (My God those Hobbit movies are horrible), but since JKR herself will be in charge of it then I have faith that the result won't disappoint me. And even if it is money-focused, it doesn't mean that necessarily the result will be bad.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Moderator Manager

I totally agree, everything is really for money. We could've easily not had 8 movies for the books but the HP fandom is massive and all they see are $$$$$ which if you're from Hollywood is pretty amazing. And fans (like me) will flock and support anything that is HP which is telling for this fandom (and why I love this fandom in the first place). I think JKR is pretty careful about which projects she should do because we all know that HP is over, the books are, but fans still want more. Tbh, I wasn't expecting this (and the upcoming play too) so it's a good surprise.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Yea, I think the money is a huge factor is, obviously. But the quality of what they have been doing is pretty good too. The last two movies got them a lot of money but they were also very faithful to the book, so it was a great idea to do it like that IMO.

And I'm excited for this movie too, if Jo is involved, I don't think it will be bad at all. Of course it's not gonna be like the other movies, it's gonna be something very different from what we are used to, so I understand that some people might not enjoy it because of that.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Moderator Manager

And DH had IMAX too so that put in a lot of revenue for the movie which was obviously a blockbuster.

It'll be really different but set in the HP universe so we will always have that basis for comparison. This might be a shallow reason but I would love to know more about an alternate universe within HP.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Oh yea, the tickets for the IMAX movies are a lot more expensive.

It's not shallow at all Lindsay, I think that it will be really interesting to watch. Hell, I even had fun reading the Fantastic Beast book, so I think the movie will be really fun to watch too.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Moderator Manager

I still haven't read it (or bought it). But I did promise myself that I will get around to it early this year.

J.K. Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts' movie: The best fan art so far

Old 01-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I hope you can read it soon. For me it was better than the Quidditch book, especially because this one had side notes from Harry and Ron.

Those arts really are amazing.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Moderator Manager

I will and once I get around to it, I'll have to talk about it here with you.

I think everyone is basically anticipating more news about this movie. I for one can't wait to find out who the cast will be.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Okay, I can't wait.

Same here, I'm really excited to at least know who will be on the cast.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
During an interview with MTV News promoting his new film Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Kenneth Branagh was asked about the possibility of reprising his role as Gilderoy Lockhart in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, to which Branagh replied,

"If they could use really interesting techniques to make me look a little younger, like, about 100 years younger, that would maybe be a good thing. It will be fascinating to see how that works out. They have my number."
Could Kenneth Branagh appear in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'? | MuggleNet

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top