That's a fantastic art!

Quote:
Casting Newt [No particular Order]

6. Tom Mison
tumblr
Old 10-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Just caught up w/David Heyman @ GRAVITY premiere. He will indeed be producing Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM.
— Josh Horowitz (@joshuahorowitz) October 1, 2013
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Happy to know that Heyman & JKR will be working together again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
This is wonderful. I'm seeing a lot of Sleepy Hollow & HP crossover arts lately.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm glad JKR picked him to produce this movie too.

tumblr
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Moderator Manager

This movie is going to have a ton of SFX. I can't wait to find out more stuff soon. Love that photoset, Emily.

Quote:
First up, Hogwarts. Even if Fantastic Beasts protagonist Newt Scamander has graduated from wizarding school, we could see him heading there for a consult, and butting heads with who we surmised would be headmaster at the time, Phineas Black. ("Yes, he would be," Heyman confirmed). When we suggested that Black could provide conflict, since he wouldn't support Newt's research or goals of understanding other species, Heyman lit up. "I love this! I'm going to remember that." As for the once and future headmaster Dumbledore, Heyman agreed that just a cameo should do the trick. "It could still be Michael Gambon [even if Dumbledore was younger]," Heyman said. "But I like that. A little wink is a good idea."

Heyman then asked us the more pressing casting question, "Who should play Newt?" Did he want a relatively unknown actor, someone who hasn't been overexposed? "I like that," he said. "Please, I need all the help I can get!" Well, then! We thought about it and rattled off a few names:

• Dev Patel ("He's a really good actor," Heyman agreed.)
• Thomas Brodie-Sangster, despite the fact that he's playing another character named Newt in The Maze Runner ("I know him, he's excellent.")
• Jack Gleeson, who's said he wants to go into academia after his reign as King Joffrey on Game of Thrones ends, but perhaps could be convinced to play an academic instead ("How old is he?" Heyman asked. "Newt is a tiny bit older.")
• Bret McKenzie, who is much older, but can play younger ("He's really good.")
• And if they wanted to promote from within, Harry Melling, who originally played Dudley Dursley but has thinned out considerably as he's grown up, which is why he was wearing a fat suit in Deathly Hallows ("He's a really good actor, and I love his work, but that's a little more difficult because he's been Dudley.")
David Heyman talks casting, characters in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the article. I think I like Bret McKenzie the most of those five.

tumblr
Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Mine would be Thomas Brodie-Sangster but he looks too young to play Newt although he is the right age.

Lovely graphic, Emily! We're still in the early stages I know but I can't wait for this movie already.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dan Radcliffe open to be cast in 'Fantastic Beasts' if needed

File that under highly unlikely and Dan secretly wishing "please no, please no, please no!"

I don't think they'd resort to cheap tactics like that anyway. They'll want to make sure it stand on its own without gimmicks.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Seriously, why is the media asking previous HP actors about this movie and if they will be in it? Let us move on and open a new chapter in the HP universe!

Alan Rickman comments on "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie - Snitchseeker

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-10-2013 at 11:45 PM
Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Larry. Larry, Larry, Larry.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting this thread Lindsay!

Such awesome news! Glad that David Heyman is producing this project.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Moderator Manager

You're welcome, Tara.

And now it's Evanna's turn. She's such a HUGE geek.

Quote:
"When the news broke that was the first that I heard of it and I had a bit of a freak out on Twitter. I actually tweeted at Warner Bros, 'Please put me in the movie!' They were like, 'Sounds good.' I don't know what that means."

Evanna said she doubted Luna would make an appearance: "I don't think Luna will be in it, because it's set 70 years before and with the time it took us 10 years to make Harry's span at Hogwarts, 70 years of a time lapse between this guy's life and when Harry's born, I think I'll be too old. I think I'll be an old woman by the time I get round to it."

"Someone did say on Twitter, they said, 'You could do the story from the point of view of Luna relating the story to her children about your great grandfather 70 years ago,' which I would be totally down for.

"But I'm also down for playing a fantastic beast, I think that would be quite fun."
Evanna Lynch on "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" film & playing Luna again - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Evanna could totally play a creature. She'd be great!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Moderator Manager

It's now Rupert's turn to comment on Fantastic Beasts.

Rupert Grint comments on "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie - SnitchSeeker.com

I do hope that most of the HP actors will attend the premiere. I'm looking forward to that.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for all the links & video.

Quote:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them represents the fruit of many years’ travel and research. I look back across the years to the seven-year-old wizard who spent hours in his bedroom dismembering Horklumps and I envy him the journeys to come: from darkest jungle to brightest desert, from mountain peak to marshy bog, that grubby Horklump-encrusted boy would track, as he grew up, the beasts described in the following pages.
tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top