Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

So this is what Jacob will look like. Many thanks to Dan for updating us on his IG.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

RUMOR: Sinéad Matthews Cast in “Fantastic Beasts” | MuggleNet

Quote:
Although Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has already begun principal photography, the casting news keeps coming! It is rumored that English actress Sinéad Matthews has been cast in the film.

Matthews has appeared in a number of other projects involving Harry Potter alumni, such as Vera Drake (alongside Imelda Staunton and Jim Broadbent), Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (alongside Emma Thompson), and Mr. Turner (alongside Timothy Spall).

While Matthews’s role in Fantastic Beasts is not yet confirmed, rumor has it that she is playing a known character. With what we know of the film and its timeline, this leaves an important question: Whom is she playing? Some possibilities that have been raised among the MuggleNet staff include an older version of Modesty or – if the known character is originally from the Harry Potter series – perhaps magical historian Bathilda Bagshot.
Eddie in his Newt hair does the icebucket challenge!

http://www.mugglenet.com/2015/08/mug...ic-beasts-set/

Too cute!
Old 08-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Colin in London. Not sure if this will be Graves' hair though.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

‘Fantastic Beasts’ (supporting) cast: Andrew Zographos, Jane Perry and Alex Gibbons

Jane Perry joins the cast of “Fantastic Beasts” While we’re all still pondering yesterday’s rumor that Sinéad Matthews has joined the cast of “Fantastic Beasts,” we’ve got our next official cast announcement! Jane Perry, best known for her work in World War Z and The Three Musketeers, will play an as-yet unknown role in the film, as announced on Twitter today by Olivia Bell Management. What’s more – she’s already at work on the film!
http://www.mugglenet.com/2015/08/jan...tastic-beasts/

Last edited by baileycat; 08-20-2015 at 02:11 PM
Old 08-20-2015, 11:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Something to read while we wait out filming (and hopefully some more BTS).

7 Pieces of Magical Fantastic Beasts Fan Art That Are Getting Us Excited for the Film | moviepilot.com

What Was Newt Doing in New York? | MuggleNet

Old 08-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Boswell is the secret coname for Fantastic Beasts!

RUMOR: Does “Fantastic Beasts” Have a Secret Code Name? | MuggleNet

Quote:
Ever since it was rumored that Sinéad Matthews may have been cast in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, we here at MuggleNet have been anxious to discover the truth! Along the way we discovered the possibility that Fantastic Beasts may have a secret name – Boswell.

We first saw the name Boswell while taking a look at Sinéad’s casting page on her agency’s website, Hamilton Hodell. Her most recent film was entitled Boswell, with her role listed as Mildred. However, we saw that the film is being produced by Warner Bros. and directed by none other than David Yates. The entry has since been removed from her profile.

After digging further into the film, we discovered via the LinkedIn profile of Sophie Hervieu that she is an assistant set decorator at Boswell Street Productions while working on the film Boswell.

After looking a bit more into the films that Sophie has worked on, we hit what we’re hoping is a jackpot. On her profile page on the Knowledge website, we saw that she is credited with being the Assistant Set Decorator on the film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, instead of the Boswell title we’ve seen before!

In addition, we also looked up the term “boswell” to see if it was a clue toward it being the same film as Fantastic Beasts. To our excitement, we discovered that James Boswell was an author from the 1700s who wrote a biography about Samuel Johnson, which is considered the best biography written in the English language. His last name “Boswell” has become its own term today. According to the Free Dictionary, “boswell” is defined as,

An assiduous and devoted admirer, student, and recorder of another’s words and deeds.

It seems as if “boswell” could be used to describe Newt Scamander, a student of Hogwarts who goes on to write his own textbook about magical creatures.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Moderator Manager

And some Katherine news, "Outlaws" trailer is up and a cool photoshoot:

HYPNOTIC
#KatherineWaterston photographed by #TimWalker wears #Balmain Spring/Summer 2015 pants styled by #JacobK for #Wmagazine #mksa #fashionispassion #fashion #fashiondesigners
#fashionblogger #fashionista #fashionlovers #design

Old 08-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Some more cast news while we wait out filming. Eddie is getting a lot of Oscar buzz for this role. Official poster for "The Danish Girl" is out.

Katherine's upcoming film "Queen of Earth" is getting rave reviews by movie critics.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Cast news:

Videos: 'Fantastic Beasts' star Eddie Redmayne in new 'The Danish Girl' trailers - SnitchSeeker.com

Colin Farrell Opens Up About Being Single for the Past 5 Years, and the Crazy Way He Quit Smoking

Old 09-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them star Eddie Redmayne: 'I hope it's going to be quite a ride' | EW.com

Quote:

“Like many people, I read those books, I watched those films, and became completely intoxicated by J.K. Rowling’s world,” said the British actor and Oscar-winner. “The idea of getting to tiptoe into it felt truly exciting. I hope it’s going to be quite a ride.”
Old 09-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Another new on-set pic from the movie:

Old 09-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am glad there's a thread to catch me up on movie news for this; looking forward to something new from the HP world!
Old 09-06-2015, 01:57 AM
Moderator Manager

I am so excited for this movie already. Next year we will get a trailer and it will be amazing.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

From Variety's article with Eddie

Quote:
“I’m on censorship mode about what I’m allowed to say,” he says. The plot of Warner Bros. release is so under wraps, he didn’t even receive the script until right before he signed on, and he only spoke to Rowling recently. “She was having to run off, and I bombarded her with questions on the character,” Redmayne says.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/th...on-1201586552/
Old 09-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can imagine Eddie being bombarded by questions and curious fans; people are happy the HP world is still giving us new stuff!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top