That moment in DH though.

" I know you're trying to help.
But it just doesn't for some reason feel real."

dd | dw | tc | kh
10,000 posts at STRANGER THINGS
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:33 AM
Loyal Fan

That moment and the one in GOF were the worst. It's hard to see Harry and Ron have a fight and not talking to each other but the moment when they come together again was always wonderful. Ron saving Harry's life in here, destroying s Horocrux and in GOF he apologized and supported Harry all along
"I wish I was the monster you think I am" ~ Tyrion Lannister
"I'm no lady" ~ Brienne of Tarth
Valeerena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Which fight were you more upset about: GoF or DH?

I think mine was DH. I'll never forget it. It will take us 2 more chapters until they see Ron again and I felt weird not reading about Ron. Like there was something so wrong and it really affected me.

dd | dw | tc | kh
Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

DH..it was more spiteful and I don't blame Ron entirely it's the Horocrux he was wearing made things go worse. Ron regretted that once he disapparated and took it off. Yeah! I felt the same not reading Ron's lines and to be honest, I don't like Harry/Hermione much without Ron being there. He's so essential and I don't think Harry/Hermione would work out much without Ron. I like Hermione don't get me wrong but Ron kind of balanced the matter if you know what I mean..She's too serious, he's hilarious and makes her laugh and both are important for Harry
Old 03-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree on all your points about Ron balancing the two out. I did like how the book (and the movie) showed how essential he was and how the two missed him a lot when he was gone. They barely talked at all during those first few days and Hermione was crying in her sleep.

dd | dw | tc | kh
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Loyal Fan

It was more intense in the book.. Harry was miserable. Looking for any sign of him at his map.. I think the best scene of H/R friendship was when Ron destroyed the locket. The whole scene actually, Ron saving Harry from drowning and listening to the locket poisonous words and the hug at the end That was amazing and showed how much H/R friendship is solid
Old 03-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

The movie version was so awful!!! Once again they made Ron the bad guy. Ron would never say "you have no parents" to Harry and they made it look as if Ron left because of the food and it was his idea to leave.

In the book, Ron wears the locket more time than the rest (probably because he doesn't want Hermione to wear it for long and affect her) and even then, he never thinks of leaving. It was Harry who told Ron to leave TWICE during their fight. When the tension is that high and when the person who you're helping tells you he doesn't want you there and you should leave, it's no wonder that it pushed Ron to the exit. And when he came back, he took full responsibility (although he shouldn't have) and never tried to swift blame for his actions.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
We had a great ending for them. I do love the fact that they became a family (through Ginny).
Agreed
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

I loved that moment too when a hand reached out to Harry who nearly drowned and it was Ron. I probably was *too* ecstatic when that happened because he was away too long.

I have to admit that my RHr shipper heart was more concerned over Hermione than Harry. LOL. But obviously they have a lot to talk about when Ron came back.

dd | dw | tc | kh
Old 03-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The movie version was so awful!!!
i agree. The fight and the come-back scenes were much better in books

Quote:
I loved that moment too when a hand reached out to Harry who nearly drowned and it was Ron. I probably was *too* ecstatic when that happened because he was away too long.
Yeah..It's Ron his best friend is the one who saved him from imminent death..

Quote:
I have to admit that my RHr shipper heart was more concerned over Hermione than Harry. LOL. But obviously they have a lot to talk about when Ron came back.
I understand as a R/Hr shipper myself..I was concerned about both.. I love both relationships..Harry/Ron fabulous friendship and R/Hr lovely romance. Ron means a lot to both of them and to me. This horcrux was a turning point in Ron's life to face his fears concerning his friends. The hug after is so lovely.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Very well said, Valeerena. I agree that the horcrux was indeed a turning point in Ron's life. Thank goodness he had the Deluminator though. That was a big help.

dd | dw | tc | kh
Old 03-18-2017, 12:33 AM
Loyal Fan

yep..DD was genius. He gifted the trio what really suits every one of them. He knows Ron will always come back and his importance to the trio. At The pic above Harry explained truly how both he and Hermione were affected. I hate that stupid dance in movies because it doesn't fit in there. Both were miserable, barely speak, devastated by Ron's leaving..
Old 03-18-2017, 09:27 PM
Moderator Manager

I don't see HHr as a couple and I like their friendship a lot. That dance to me was just a moment where Harry was trying to cheer up Hermione and I didn't get any 'romantic' vibe at all.

Obviously it's an added scene not in the book. I do agree with you that they were both devastated over Ron leaving and were not even talking to each other for what I assume would be days. I can't even remember who started talking, was it Harry?

dd | dw | tc | kh
Old 03-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The instant they arrived, Hermione dropped Harry’s hand and walked away from him, finally sitting down on a large rock; her face on her knees,shaking with what he knew were sobs. He watched her, supposing that he ought to go and comfort her, but something kept him rooted to the spot. Everything inside him felt cold and tight: Again he saw the contemptuous expression on Ron’s face. Harry strode off through the heather, walking in a large circle with the distraught Hermione at its center, casting the spells she usually performed to ensure their protection. They did not discuss Ron at all over the next few days. Harry was determined never to mention his name again, and Hermione seemed to know that it was no use forcing the issue, although sometimes at night when she thought he was sleeping, he would hear her crying. Meanwhile Harry had started bringing out the Marauder’s Map and examining it by wandlight. He was waiting for the moment when Ron’s labeled dot would reappear in the corridors of Hogwarts,proving that he had returned to the comfortable castle, protected by his status of pureblood.

By day, they devoted themselves to trying to determine the possible locations of Gryffindor’s sword, but the more they talked about the places in which Dumbledore might have hidden it, the more desperate and far-fetched their speculation became..

Godric's Hollow Chapter, Deathly Hallows
That's why I didn't like the dance..Both of them were not in that mood..

I liked Harry's reaction in here..He was angry with Ron and sad and worried about him checking his map to find out if he returned to Hogwarts.

They spoke, nothing indicates who'd started it but they avoided speaking about Ron

Last edited by Valeerena; 03-19-2017 at 12:37 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top