Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's a tough one to answer.

I think both were as equally upsetting.

GoF because Ron wasn't there for Harry for some time, and Harry just totally shut down. That was the earliest sign of the temper he had in OotP.

DH because when Ron left, I didn't know if he'd ever find Harry and Hermione again... or if he'd even live.

But the best reunion has to be from DH.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah it's tough to answer that. GoF was upsetting because it was their first fight and I honestly didn't know how they'd patch things up that time but I felt like the DH fight (even if Ron was "controlled" by the necklace) was more hurtful to read. I agree with you that the DH reunion was the best.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

It really bothered me when Ron was possessed by the necklace, and it seemed only Hermione could recognize that. Harry himself had been possessed by Voldemort and could see into his thoughts/actions, yet, he was being completely ignorant to what Ron was going through. I think that just makes it even worse, because Harry and Ron are supposed to be best mates.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

That's true. Though I think the locket affects people in it's close proximity thus Harry's reaction. One can be suspicious and irritable near it. Yes Hermione noticed it's effects on Ron but even she can't do anything about it.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

GoF fight

credit
Old 03-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Moderator Manager

LMAO. Truth Hermione.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

I still really hate that JK didn't make them full time Aurors together.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why? Ron didn't want to do it as a career in the end. Helping out his brother George with the very successful joke shop was more important to him. I see nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
Why? Ron didn't want to do it as a career in the end. Helping out his brother George with the very successful joke shop was more important to him. I see nothing wrong with that.
According to JKR it was after Ron went to the Joke Shop that they turned it into a money spinner which shows that he was good at it. I also see nothing wrong with that. Yes, in a way, it's hard to imagine these two not spending most of their time together, but it comes a moment in life that you must choose what you want to do with the rest of your life and Ron took that path and Harry took his.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Best friends can go days, weeks, months, or even years without seeing one another.

Yet, they still remain best friends. They have owls and with the development of technology and--had Ron and Hermione moved away--Ron would have been introduced to talking via Skype or on an iPad thanks to Hermione.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah no matter where they are or what they do, these two will always be the best of friends. And we've seen that time and time again in the books. Yes they were in Hogwarts where there's more of a chance to patch things up because of their friends but in DH, they were on their own and only had Hermione to help them through it. I think the thought of not being able to speak to each other (let alone see each other) is what makes these two tick thus that reunion in DH.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Well, at least they were aurors together for a while. Especially when there were still some death eaters out there. I can understand both Harry and Ron wanting to do that at the time.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yeah no matter where they are or what they do, these two will always be the best of friends. And we've seen that time and time again in the books. Yes they were in Hogwarts where there's more of a chance to patch things up because of their friends but in DH, they were on their own and only had Hermione to help them through it. I think the thought of not being able to speak to each other (let alone see each other) is what makes these two tick thus that reunion in DH.
Exactly.

Plus, not knowing if the other would survive or see them again just makes the reunion more moving and emotional.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Moderator Manager

x

Old 03-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

I wonder what Ron is talking about in that drawing. Whatever it is, Harry likes what he's hearing.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top