Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey! I'm still here and still full of the Doppy-love as ever.

Thanks blueangel for the fic link. I'm in the middle of it now and you're right, it's very good.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Just here to show my continued support for Harry/Ginny.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Read Of Kissing and Karma. It's great.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Hood for that! It was a very cute fic.

I often wonder about Harry and Ginny's first kiss (whenever that will be -hopefully in book 6). I've read so many fanfics about it but I'm not quite sure how I would want it to go.

The one I really liked was in a fanfic that I can't for the life of me remember now what the title was. Anyway, it had Ginny and Harry walking back to to the castle after Quidditch Practice and Harry gets all quite while talking to her and she says "Gee Harry it looks like you want to kiss me or something"... He blushes without saying anything. Too flustered to anyway and then she realizes that she was right and she kisses him instead. It was really cute because after it's over she asks him "Feel Better?" and all he can do is nod with a big silly grin.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all!

I'd just like to remind everyone (or inform you if you don't already know) that the Mod Application for the Harry Potter Board has been extended.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
Hi everyone. We're extending the application deadline on this board to July 30 to see if we can get a larger pool of candidates to select from. Thank you.
It officially ends 11:59pm PST (or your your time zone, whichever is later)
July 30.

So to those of you who are interested to apply (but didn't send in your application because you thought the application period has elapsed), send in your applications to ffmodapps@kaxy.com right away!

Please send each email with a subject line of:
Board Applied For - Currently Displayed Name

And Don't forget to include:
  • 1. Your Currently Displayed Name.
  • 2. Your Age
  • 3. Your Gender (this way, if you get appointed, we can post our welcome thread for you properly, as many posting names are ambiguous, and it’s hard to tell if someone is male or female)
  • 4. If you are a current moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you moderate. If you were a former moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you used to moderate.
  • 5. Your AIM, ICQ, or MSN ID Number so one of us can talk to you one on one about your candidacy (AIM/AOL is preferred). Note: We will only talk to you one on one if we have questions about your application. Everyone is in different time zones, and some candidates may not be available to talk to us, and we may not be available to talk to them, so we don't intend to talk to everyone individually through one of the above chat programs.
  • 6. A link to your profile here at Fan Forum. (You can get this by clicking on the "Profile" icon on top of your username in your posts.) This will enable us to check your posting frequency on the board that you want to moderate.
  • 7. A brief paragraph describing why you want to be a moderator, and what you can bring to the board that you want to moderate.

If you have any questions, you could ask it at
a) the Moderator Application Process thread at the Q & A Board,
b) the Moderator Opening Announcement here at the Harry Potter Board,

or if you're shy
c) simply PM either Ben or Me (Sade).

I'd also like to say that it wouldn't really hurt to try.
And that only a handful of people would know that you did, anyway.
(just the 3 managers and Ben & me) so don't be shy. *wink*

Also, there really isn't any post count requirement nor minimum number of years you've been a member of FanForum (I myself was only "6 months old" when I applied).
What matters here is the "quality" of your posts, how well you deal with your fellow posters, your "overall impact" on the Board, how crazy you are and how well you rate in the "obsession meter" when it comes to Harry Potter... that kind of thing

But seriously, you should apply!

Best off luck to everyone, and continue posting like crazy to keep our board one of the most active ones in all of FanForum. (Go us!)

&
~ Sade
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 07-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Banned

I'm a big fan of Harry and Ginny so i'd love to be added to the Doppies list. I think they'd make a super sweet couple and i hope JKR gives us some H/G goodness in Half Blood Prince,

Can anybody recommend some good Doppy fics? I've tried searching on FF.net but i cant find any good ones.

My name's Adele btw. Nice to meet y'all
Old 07-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Try checking fics from this page or the one before.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

baileycat - That's a cute first kiss scenario. I think that it's likely that Ginny is going to have to make the first move in their first kiss. Harry is pretty timid and unsure of himself where emotional matters are concerned.

I'm not sure if I'm expecting a Harry/Ginny kiss in the next book (not that I'd mind it, of course ). But I do hope to see them growing closer, with Harry turning to Ginny to confide in as he deals with all the stress and pressure building up in his life.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 08-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I haven't posted in here in forever! I'm trying to read AtE again and it's bringing back my Doppyness in full force.

::hides av::
Old 08-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

*runs in*

Hi I'm Kiki!
OH!! I Harry/Ginny can I be added? Please?

*runs out*
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

"I wished you joy from the first time I saw you" - Aragorn to Eowyn

Doppelgangers - girls with really great hair and screwed up minds

Just Because You Can Bash, Doesn't Mean You Should - SAY NO TO BASHING
Old 08-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok so I finally finished AtE, and I'm still a little dazed It was freakin' amazing! So now that I've read it I realized that I really would like Harry and Ginny to end up together...I'm still not completely sure it will happen, but oh well they make a perfect couple Unfortunately, I now have the difficult task of finding a fanfic that compares (even a little) to AtE, so far that search isn't going to well

I'M A REBELLIOUS FORBIDDEN ZEN GOON MASTER!
Shipper for:J/H,E/D,R/K,E/H,J/E,F/K

~La La La Leah~
Old 08-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved AtE so much that I've even gone as far as recommend it to my best friend and my mother, (Both of whom share my HP obsession but aren't quite at the fan fic stage yet). But what a great place to start don't ya think?

Anyone know how to start a new thread? I think we've reached our limit for this one.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I read Harry Potter and the Deadly Deception and I love it ! Thanks for the link disneyanna !
"That's because it's colorless," said Ginny in a convincingly exasperated voice, "but if you want to walk through it, carry on, then we'll have your body as proof for the next idiot who didn't believe us...."
Old 08-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi everyone

Please create a new thread and post the link in the Portkey thread.
I'll keep this open thread open for a while longer.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Lol... okay. Never mind.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top