Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can picture Harry being the first to make a move because in OotP, Cho was the first to make a move and maybe JKR will want to reverse this scene with H/G. I like the adrenaline after a victorious quidditch match senario. He's hasn't been this exubertant for quite a long time. All the joyful emotions over powers him and he can't help but kiss her. It will be quick and shocking for them both and he'll try to make an excuse or apologize immediately afterwards but the spark will have been lit at that point and it's too late to turn back now. *sigh*
Old 08-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

kiki okay

All this talk about first kisses, is making me really really ancy to read the next book. It shouldnt be too long now... year and a half hopefully? The anticipation is killing me! I wish we had a date so we could at least count down the days. Then again after reading the next book it will be slightly depressing because you know there will only be the seventh book left, then it will be all over. No more speculation about the next book. no more excitment and anticipation. No more going to barns and noble at midnight to wait in the longest line and see all the excited kids/teenagers/adults getting their copy. It will be the most happiest and sadest day when that last book is published.

sorry that was me being over dramatic.
dont mind me....
Old 08-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

That is a cute idea. And it is true that Harry has not been that happy in awhile. However, his first game back or even winning the cup could be reason enough to spark his happiness. Especially if Ginny stays on the team, she would be the first girl around.
However I am not sure his first inclanation is to kiss anyone. He was not raised in anykind of loving environment so that might not be his first thought. It would be hers though!

Lets see:
Let's pretend that after returning Harry allowed Ginny to stay Seeker and He became a Chaser. So in the race for the house Cup Ginny manages to catch the Snitch just a hair before someone else does. Everyone is excited because for unknown circumstance this was a hard victory. Just the the 1980 USA hockey team against the Russians (soviets, whoever). Because of the We-were-both- Seekers-at-one-point bond they had Harry gets to the pitch first before the rest of his team to celebrate with Ginny, who is jumping and screaming. He grabs her to give her the hug of her life, but she is so excited that instead of going into a hug she kisses him, on the corner of his mouth, short but still deffinant. By this time the rest of the team has arrived and are all screaming and jumping and much to Harry's dissapointment. Ginny is pulled away from a shocked Harry. Now he, being one who never got much affection thru his entire life kinda over analyzes the action in his head. While Ginny is just happy they one the cup! She of course still likes him, but the half kiss affected Harry a bit more and as you said set off a SPARK!

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)
Old 08-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla
I really do picture Ginny making the first move regarding kissing. And I could imagine her getting frustrated at Harry for being clueless so just making her move.
Yeah its a Ginny thing!!

Ashli - yay!! Must e-mail that to you, will do it tomorrow now cause I'll be doing some tonight!! Woo!! A Beta!!!

Cass - it HAS been forever!! Didn't know you were a Doppy!! Good taste!!
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

"I wished you joy from the first time I saw you" - Aragorn to Eowyn

Doppelgangers - girls with really great hair and screwed up minds

Just Because You Can Bash, Doesn't Mean You Should - SAY NO TO BASHING
Old 08-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ah, first kisses. *sigh*

Something tells me Harry's going to finally start noticing Ginny in the next book as something more than a friend. I don't think it'll be very pronounced, but it's gonna build up slowly. I mean, I love the relationship they have now because they are finally friends. He can trust her with things and he can talk to her if he ever wished to, which is something that severely lacking in his "relationship" (and I use the term loosely) with Cho. One thing I absolutely loved about Harry and Ginny's relationship in OotP was that their friendship progressed very naturally. It never felt forced and Harry was so comfortable in calling her a friend that he never noticed that she never used to talk to him before until it was pointed out by our dear Hermione that she was seeing someone else. It was just so natural that he never even thought about it and never felt a need to question it.

But I digress, I'm getting off-topic. I love the Quidditch scenarios. That's a definite possibility. They might win the cup and celebrating as a team, Ginny might congratulate him for a fabulous Snitch capture by hugging him soundly, or kissing him on the cheek. After all, Angelina, Katie, and Alicia did it. Nothing very unusual about it. But, I think it'll finally get Harry to thinking about her more and in perhaps/maybe/possibly more-than-friendly way. Anyway, I think his feelings will take him by surprise and by the time he kisses her he won't be aware of when he stopped thinking of her as "just Ginny" and started thinking of her as an actual girl. (Sorta like Ron's "You are a girl" to Hermione in GOF.)

And I do think Harry will be the one to kiss her. Of course, I wouldn't have a problem if Ginny made the first move. I just want some H/G kissage, dammit! But I don't think it'll happen in HBP. (And I PRAY I'm wrong!)

"Can't look this good without drinking." -Simon Gallup
Old 08-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

i also think it's going to build up, harry isn't going to suddenly decide he loves ginny because he has so many OTHER things to worry about IMO
Old 08-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Kiki Sounds good!

I really have no idea who'd kiss first, I'd love to see harry pull the first move. You think if his charachter could kick some DE behind he'd get up the courage to kiss a girl right? Nothing like a little Gryffindor courage to get you going.

OT- I dyed my hair to a dark orangey color. a few days ago I'm really happy.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashli
Kiki Sounds good!

I really have no idea who'd kiss first, I'd love to see harry pull the first move. You think if his charachter could kick some DE behind he'd get up the courage to kiss a girl right? Nothing like a little Gryffindor courage to get you going.

OT- I dyed my hair to a dark orangey color. a few days ago I'm really happy.
Pfft Harry doesn't have much courage when it comes to Romance!!

Sent you that fic a few minutes ago! needs a lot of work and a lot of the backstory is missing but still!

OMG!! I dyed my hair dark red and my old blonde highlights have come out gold in it! It's so unusual!!
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

Old 08-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

While I really do think it will be Ginny who makes the first move for "The Kiss", due to Harry's emotional issues, I wouldn't be exactly complaining if Harry does get up the courage. Just as long as they get together by the end of the series, I'll be happy.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PerKikiy

OMG!! I dyed my hair dark red and my old blonde highlights have come out gold in it! It's so unusual!!
Mine's blonde, and I tipped it black. .
Old 08-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Loyal Fan

PerKikiy I'm done with the fic, sent it to you a while ago! I'm really loving it! I like how you charachterized everyone, and I'm so happy that its not all fluffy and sappy! Now I'm just wating for the plot. I'm gonna have a lot of fun editing this! When she puts it up everyones gotta go read it!
Oh my hair did that too, because i had highlights from a while ago. It worked well. Being a red heads fun!

LDG Blonde with Black tips? Thats so guttsy! That must look very cool!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
PerKikiy I'm done with the fic, sent it to you a while ago! I'm really loving it! I like how you charachterized everyone, and I'm so happy that its not all fluffy and sappy! Now I'm just wating for the plot. I'm gonna have a lot of fun editing this! When she puts it up everyones gotta go read it!
Oh my hair did that too, because i had highlights from a while ago. It worked well. Being a red heads fun!
I don't do sap!! Yeah I tend to write whatever comes into my head as soon as I think of it and add the plot in later. DOn't worry it's coming along!

I know!! My hair is red with golden highlights it looks quite cool!!

Duh getting slighty OT there!!!

Well I think the kiss will take a while to come out but from what I've read of JK's interviews I think something will happen eventually... or maybe thats just my prejudiced Doppy side seeking it out!
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

Old 08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

LDG Blonde with Black tips? Thats so guttsy! That must look very cool!
My name's Elizabeth. . And yeah, i've gotten a lot of compliments on it. ^_^ And also some er.. non-compliments on it from my relatives. But they'll get over it. -shrugs-
Old 08-23-2004, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Are new doppey signature: Doppelgangers, girls with really great hair

Elizabeth, I always liked that name
Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

We should seriously put that in our sigs. .

Thank you. .
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top