Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl
Er.. am I the only one thinking that sentence is dirty? .
Nope!!
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

"I wished you joy from the first time I saw you" - Aragorn to Eowyn

Doppelgangers - girls with really great hair and screwed up minds

Just Because You Can Bash, Doesn't Mean You Should - SAY NO TO BASHING
Old 08-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelVartanIsSexy
trust you to think that Liz btw are you gonna stop making RHr avies and start making some HG?
^_^ It's just part of my charming personality. .

Of course! .
Old 08-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sidekicks and Doppys are like salt and pepper. A natural fit.

Elviriel, Yeah I think it would be great if Harry could tell the 3 of them (even Neville and Luna- since they seemed to be such a unified team at the end of OotP) about the prophesy. But for some reason I'm thinking Harry will be more withdrawn from his friends at the beginning of HBP. Everyone is worried about him and he hates that. He's already closing himself off to them. I think it would a really sweet bonding moment, and totally in character of Ginny, if she could be the first to break through the wall that Harry's putting up.

I'm pasting the following from the tread at the firelight forum. I haven't, for some reason, gotten much of a response so I thought I'd bring it over here where it seems to be a little more active now. I thought we could explore the beginning of the inevitable and highly antisipated relationship of Harry and Ginny.
_________

How do you think they will eventually hook up?

Who will make the first move?

What will there fist kiss be like?

I'm a little obsessed with their first kiss I must say. I've read some pretty spectacular fan fic out there of how it would occur and I'm just amazed at all the different senarios. But I also am trying to think of how JKR would do it (because we know she will. She did say Harry will receive another kiss...or two in book 6). Can we assume it will finally be from Ginny?
________

ETA:*Dark_Angel*4eva and Amy_Amélie you've been added too.
I'm impressed. Since this thread has started we've gained 9 newbies! Our ship is growing so fast.*sniffle*

Last edited by baileycat; 08-18-2004 at 01:37 PM
Old 08-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

How do you think they will eventually hook up? Oooh, I don't know. Maybe they'll do that thing kids do in school, where they have their friends do it.

Who will make the first move? I don't really invision Ginny making the first move, being shy and all, so Harry.

What will there fist kiss be like? Something that's just very sweet. Maybe at.. Hogsmeade or something. .

I'm a little obsessed with their first kiss I must say. I've read some pretty spectacular fan fic out there of how it would occur and I'm just amazed at all the different senarios. But I also am trying to think of how JKR would do it (because we know she will. She did say Harry will receive another kiss...or two in book 6). Can we assume it will finally be from Ginny? Hopefully. -crosses fingers-
Old 08-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

I don't really have any specific thoughts about Harry and Ginny's first kiss, except that I'm actually not expecting it in the next book (I am, however, anticipating a Ron/Hermione kiss in the next book - just going along with the "How many of us are also Sidekicks?" concept ). I do see the two of them getting closer and closer in the next book, with Harry being able to turn to Ginny to confide in and for Ginny to be able to have that combination of understanding and a willingness to call him on his nonsense when necessary that will really help Harry get through everything that's going on in his life.

But when the first kiss does happen, I actually suspect it will be Ginny who makes the first move. I think she's gotten over a lot of her shyness around Harry, but Harry still has his emotional issues, so I think the first physical gesture is going to come from her.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 08-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ohhh goodie question and answer session!

How do you think they will eventually hook up?
I think it'll take a while... they'll become friends and then things will start to happen but they'll always be oblivious like i said it'll take a while

Thats a tough one, maybe Ginny in my mind she'll just get frustrated eventually, its that Weasley temper!

What will there fist kiss be like?
sweet, shy, tentative, short

I'm a little obsessed with their first kiss I must say. I've read some pretty spectacular fan fic out there of how it would occur and I'm just amazed at all the different senarios. But I also am trying to think of how JKR would do it (because we know she will. She did say Harry will receive another kiss...or two in book 6). Can we assume it will finally be from Ginny?
I'm sticking to my usual phrase: never assume anything
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

Old 08-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat
lucero and Go Huskers! you both have been added to the list.

Ashli The only thing I can think of JKR mentioning Harry and relationships in the next book was that he will receive another kiss or two. But that was in an online interview I believe. And also at that time when asked if Harry will get another girl friend in the next book or will he be too busy, she said that yes he will be busy but what's life without a little romance?
Yes sounds like harry wont be getting a girlfriend in this book. Maybe he'll get one in the seventh? I'm just praying that its romance between harry and ginny. It's got to be hard for JK though since the books also has a younger audience, so she really cant right about harry making out with his girlfriend... But I just cant wait to see harry and ginny play quidditch together! With the weasly temper it should be intresting...

First kiss
I loved the first kiss in Muted sort of longing but i doubt JK will put their first kiss anything like that.
But I do have an image where Ginny just pulls off a spectacular quidditch move allowing the gryf team to win the game. Harrys so thrilled that he just ends up kissing her. Making it funny and unexpected
Old 08-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I was going through old JKR interviews found these

Quote:
Is Harry Potter ever going to fall in love with Hermione or is he going to fall in love with Ginny Weasley?
In Book IV Harry does decide he likes a girl, but it's not Hermione or Ginny. However, he's only 14, so there's plenty of time for him to change his mind. ;-)
Well we know she was talking about Cho but I swear that I read in an interview that she blantantly stated that there would be no h/hr. but i cant find it anywhere. So can we safely assume that he changes his mind and goes for Ginny? (I had the hugest Grin on my face when I found this)

Quote:
Will Harry ever notice the long-suffering Ginny Weasley?
You'll see... poor Ginny, eh?

Does Hermione like Ron as more than a friend?
The answer to that is in Goblet of Fire!
Gof really?

What do you guys think?

here there is a list of h/g tid bits JK has given us in interviews.

Last edited by Ashli; 08-19-2004 at 03:45 AM
Old 08-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh there is definately a R/Hr moment in the GoF I don't wanna point out where cause I'll be busted for going OT!!

Can anyone volunteer to be my Beta for a H/G fic I'm writing??
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

Old 08-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PerKikiy
Oh there is definately a R/Hr moment in the GoF I don't wanna point out where cause I'll be busted for going OT!!

Can anyone volunteer to be my Beta for a H/G fic I'm writing??
Oh I'd love to I beta-ed before but the author still hasnt put the fic up anywhere yet. emails Ashjcar@aol.com if ya like
Old 08-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

there's some good Harry/Ginny interaction in the chain of fics called Hermione Granger and the Order of The Phoenix by Ann Margaret on Schnoogle - if you like Hermione/Ron too, that is because it's mostly sidekicks, it's still great though
Old 08-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl
^_^ It's just part of my charming personality. .

Of course! .
gimme gimme gimme!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashli
Oh I'd love to I beta-ed before but the author still hasnt put the fic up anywhere yet. emails Ashjcar@aol.com if ya like
Coolies thank you.

I usually post my fanfics on fanfiction.net but its in its early stages right now am only on page six...

Will forward you the first chapter.

Cheers

Kiki xx
Doppy #49
SideKick #270
Fearless Soul #16
Loonie #11

Old 08-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva
Funny how most H/G fans are also Sidekicks...It's like a reflex...
*cough* I'm not .. But I have noticed that too.

Hi Mel! It's getting quite weird that we post on the same threads..

Kiki! I haven't seen you in forever!
icon *
Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PerKikiy
Thats a tough one, maybe Ginny in my mind she'll just get frustrated eventually, its that Weasley temper!
I really do picture Ginny making the first move regarding kissing. And I could imagine her getting frustrated at Harry for being clueless so just making her move.

icon by lunas_borednow
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top